PDA

View Full Version : Official FIRE Mike McCarthy Campaign

ND72
11-08-2009, 03:10 PM
I can't take this crap anymore. For as "brilliant" as McCarthy is supposedly with QB's and his offense, it looks like shit. This is just insane. He MUST be fired.

red
11-08-2009, 03:12 PM
wow, can anyone really argue with this after todays game?

that was pathetic on all fronts, and against the worst team in football

Brohm
11-08-2009, 03:17 PM
Yep, I agree. Took awhile, but here we are.

MM cannot coach. He cannot motivate. He did not bring in teachers to teach the youth that is on this team. This is some brand of bad, especially with the talent that is on this team. But maybe the talent is questionable as well.

MOBB DEEP
11-08-2009, 03:17 PM
game NOT over

dayum

S.O.B.

Brohm
11-08-2009, 03:19 PM
Bad football is bad football. Period. This team has not progressed. This team will not go anywhere with the level of coaching this team has.

pack4to84
11-08-2009, 03:19 PM
MM should be fire after today.

MOBB DEEP
11-08-2009, 03:22 PM
game NOT over

dayum

S.O.B.

dahammer001
11-08-2009, 03:25 PM
MM should be fire after today.

Mccarthy must go and get rid of the offensive line. Why is Jarrett Bush still on this team? This performance is pathetic

Brohm
11-08-2009, 03:26 PM
No accountability. TT needs to man up and claim some because MM is unwilling to do it.

The Leaper
11-08-2009, 03:27 PM
I can't blame everything on McCarthy...there are some real areas on the roster where talent is a major issue, and they are seriously handcuffing this team's ability to gain an identity. Toss in a defense that doesn't seem to be buying into the 3-4 scheme...and you've got a mess.

However, the one area that McCarthy has no excuse in revolves around the penalties, discipline and motivation. He is failing miserably in that area...and the players recognize it and have lost respect for him.

Just on that...he needs to go.

g4orce
11-08-2009, 03:28 PM
I'd love to see what a McCarthy offense could do if he had a really good Oline..

digitaldean
11-08-2009, 03:33 PM
6 sacks, 2 picks and yet another 75+ yard KO return against a WINLESS team.

I absolutely shudder to think what DeMarcus Ware will do to this line next Sunday.

We can't beat a team with a rookie QB. No execution on the blitzes. He was barely touched all afternoon.

When we had the momentum in the game and could have put the pedal to the floor, we absolutely choked. Rodgers threw a boneheaded pick, Jennings should have caught a ball that turned to be a pick and when we do have an 11 pt. lead our SHORTBUS special teams allow an immediate swing back.

ALL falls on MM, period. He may be a great QB coach, but he is not cutting it.

wist43
11-08-2009, 03:39 PM
Well, it aint gonna happen, however...

A lot of the blame falls on MM... more often than not, the ball is not being delivered on time. That could be the result of any number of things, or combinations of things - but that is MM's job, to put players in positions to be successful. MM is not doing that with Rodgers.

Whether the defense is recognizing what the Packers are going to run presnap, or Rodgers isn't reading the defense correctly, or Rodgers isn't seeing post-snap what he expects, etc... whatever it is, Rodgers is not delivering the ball on time. It has to fall under preparation, and that falls to MM directly.

Gonna be a long season I fear...

mission
11-08-2009, 03:40 PM
Ive been saying this!!!

MM manages to ruin just about every Sunday of mine ... Im tired of my family incurring irrational behavior because of a fatman from Pittsburgh.

Signed.

mr_blonde
11-08-2009, 03:47 PM
I can't blame everything on McCarthy...there are some real areas on the roster where talent is a major issue, and they are seriously handcuffing this team's ability to gain an identity. Toss in a defense that doesn't seem to be buying into the 3-4 scheme...and you've got a mess.

However, the one area that McCarthy has no excuse in revolves around the penalties, discipline and motivation. He is failing miserably in that area...and the players recognize it and have lost respect for him.

This team has quit. They have quit on the coaching staff and that is a BIG, BIG problem.

This team has many holes but I blame this loss on McCarthy.

Rodgers had a bad day but did McCarthy ever roll him out to get away from the pressure? No. Any quick slants? No. Any passes to the tight end today? One. Any screen passes today? Maybe, one.

Every pass play, Rodgers was looking 20-25 yards down the field. Looking for the "big play" every pass attempt. That was the game plan .... bad game plan McCarthy!

ND72
11-08-2009, 03:49 PM
There is now a fire mccarthy group on Facebook...and a Bill Cowher in 2010 group as well.

Brohm
11-08-2009, 03:50 PM
Aside from the early O-line failures and the max protect he used with Farve in 2006, MM has not adjusted and schemed for protection. I really believe he thinks this team is better than it is.

ND72
11-08-2009, 03:52 PM
Aside from the early O-line failures and the max protect he used with Favre in 2006, MM has not adjusted and schemed for protection. I really believe he thinks this team is better than it is.

I've said it before. I've listened to McCarthy talk about the role the OL plays in his offense, and he does not think you need good lineman in order to succeed. The problem is, everything he's said before about it, HE isn't doing.
"we run quick pass plays that won't allow for a defense to either blitz us or get near us"....where are these quick routes? When we run them, they are so bad, nobody is open. Then we only run 3 guys in routes, if they bring 4 guys, they can double each receiver we send out and have a guy left over.

Scott Campbell
11-08-2009, 03:53 PM
Sherman had his 4th and 26 game against Philly. McCarthy has his 0-7 game against Tampa.

He jumped the shark today.

bbbffl66
11-08-2009, 03:54 PM
And take Ted :x with you please Mike!!!!!!

ND72
11-08-2009, 03:54 PM
6 sacks today for Tampa...11 for Tampa leading up to this game. REDICULOUS.

1 Sack for us??? I love the 3-4, everything about it...but where is all this pressure we were supposed to get? We look confused on defense, and some look disinterested, and just get worked.

Partial
11-08-2009, 03:55 PM

A lot of the blame falls on MM... more often than not, the ball is not being delivered on time. That could be the result of any number of things, or combinations of things - but that is MM's job, to put players in positions to be successful. MM is not doing that with Rodgers.

Whether the defense is recognizing what the Packers are going to run presnap, or Rodgers isn't reading the defense correctly, or Rodgers isn't seeing post-snap what he expects, etc... whatever it is, Rodgers is not delivering the ball on time. It has to fall under preparation, and that falls to MM directly.

Agree with this 100%. I feel like he isn't taking the shot off the initial read, instead he's looking and waiting for the big play to develop. I'm so sick of always trying to throw 20 yards down the field. Why not hit a 5 yard pass and let the receiver make something happen?

Fosco33
11-08-2009, 03:57 PM
It all starts in the preseason, personnel decisions, injuries, game planning and execution. M3 is responsible for requesting personnel, getting the most out of them and putting them in positions to be successful. He can't be accountable for injuries.

the shit list:

Preseason and personnel decisions
- We know we have multiple players on defense playing out of position (Kampman most notably)
- We somehow trade an Olineman (who is now a starter) for a guy (Smith) that we cut in favor of keeping Bush?
- 3 FBs
- No depth or experience on offensive line
- Late to sign Raji and keep Harrell (a complete bust)
- No quality FA signings
- Piss poor deep secondary

Injuries
- Key LT injuries and lack of depth - throughout season
- Special teams return men (Blackmon, Nelson)
- TE/WR depth (Finley, Nelson)
- Safety and now LB (did Bishop make one play today?)

Gameplanning
- Lack of committment to run or short passes/screens
- Too many deep balls
- Lack of adjustments to max protect, shift, roll, etc
- Very little 2nd half adjustments

Execution
- lead league in sacks and penalties
- special teams coverage and returns

I was a M3 fan - but he hasn't shown me anything worth keeping in the last 24 games. Time to go - problem is we have another half season...

ND72
11-08-2009, 03:57 PM

Agree with this 100%. I feel like he isn't taking the shot off the initial read, instead he's looking and waiting for the big play to develop. I'm so sick of always trying to throw 20 yards down the field. Why not hit a 5 yard pass and let the receiver make something happen?

Even when Favre was here under McCarthy, quick short passes made Favre & Rodgers dangerous...where has that gone????

mr_blonde
11-08-2009, 03:58 PM
Aside from the early O-line failures and the max protect he used with Favre in 2006, MM has not adjusted and schemed for protection. I really believe he thinks this team is better than it is.

I've said it before. I've listened to McCarthy talk about the role the OL plays in his offense, and he does not think you need good lineman in order to succeed. The problem is, everything he's said before about it, HE isn't doing.
"we run quick pass plays that won't allow for a defense to either blitz us or get near us"....where are these quick routes? When we run them, they are so bad, nobody is open. Then we only run 3 guys in routes, if they bring 4 guys, they can double each receiver we send out and have a guy left over.

This was key. The Buccaneers did not blitz today. They got good pressure with their front four, therefore, could afford excellent coverage all day long. Once again, McCarthy fails to make any adjustments and Rodgers gets ripped a new one by the Packer fan base.

ND72
11-08-2009, 03:58 PM
Gotta love Bill Michels...."This was a pathetic coaching job today, and now Ted Thompson has to come out and face the bullets as to where this team is."

red
11-08-2009, 04:01 PM
Mike McCarthy officially on the clock syas packer post game

ND72
11-08-2009, 04:02 PM

again, gotta love Bill Michels.

esoxx
11-08-2009, 04:03 PM
MM manages to ruin just about every Sunday of mine ... Im tired of my family incurring irrational behavior because of a fatman from Pittsburgh.

:lol:

bbbffl66
11-08-2009, 04:04 PM

I spit out my beer when I read that!!!

red
11-08-2009, 04:06 PM

he's just killing m3 right now

man , i think i have a man crush on the big unit

there goes tt under the bus too

love it

mission
11-08-2009, 04:12 PM

I spit out my beer when I read that!!!

True story, we plan on evenings based around a win or loss. My lady asked me as I was leaving for the sports bar if the Packers were supposed to win today because she had to brace herself for a bad mood when I got home.

I told her "Oh yeah, they're 0-7, we need an easy win... "

Boy oh boy ... :x

Im going to spare her though ... it's almost comical at this point.

The level of underachieving on this team is ridiculous!

gbgary
11-08-2009, 04:12 PM
i've been on this bandwagon for a couple of years.

MTPackerfan
11-08-2009, 04:13 PM
I have been behind MM and TT for the most part, but now, after todays game, that was it, time for them to go.

mr_blonde
11-08-2009, 04:13 PM
I just heard Michels say that during the post game press conference, McCarthy blamed at least part of the Packers poor performance on "working the team too hard".

If this is true, McCarthy should be fired tomorrow. He is clueless!

Fosco33
11-08-2009, 04:20 PM
He did say that in response to not taking TB seriously enough, "if anything, we worked them too hard. good job wed, thur, fri." He said it was because TB was coming off a bye. M3 was scared of them.

But right before that he said, "it starts with the head coach. we didn't have them well enough prepared."

:huh:

Declaring, blocking and time clock of the QB - "haven't fixed the sacks, yet."

To sum it up, "it's hard to swallow. we're 4-4. we have to rebound and get ready for Dallas."

BallHawk
11-08-2009, 04:26 PM
After last week, I was starting to doubt McCarthy. After this week, my doubts have been confirmed.

Get rid of him.

Scott Campbell
11-08-2009, 05:04 PM
It's time to hire the best coach in football.

red
11-08-2009, 05:05 PM

coach chin?

Scott Campbell
11-08-2009, 05:08 PM

coach chin?

Nah.

I'm talking about the most charismatic coach in football.

outflow
11-08-2009, 05:09 PM
Fire MM and TT. This is abysmal. The team is undisclipined, unprepared and undermanned.

packerbacker1234
11-08-2009, 05:09 PM
College got his ass beat today.

On the plus side: Clifton did look pretty solid, even in the run game. Tauscher was actually doing pretty well too until it looks like he reagrivated the knee. Hopefully it's just sore.

So, those two tackles looked good. Wells had a good first half I saw. College got beat all day.

I don't have much to say here. Were a bad football team, and it starts at the top.

Scott Campbell
11-08-2009, 05:15 PM

coach chin?

I've never been big on Cowher.

I'm talking about the most dominant coach in football over the last 5 years.

Maxie the Taxi
11-08-2009, 05:21 PM
One question: If your QB is running for his life on just about every play, and you're team is setting records for allowing your QB to get sacked, and your OL is in disarray, and you're playing a team with the worst rushing defense in the league, why don't you rush the ball every damn play?

BZnDallas
11-08-2009, 05:22 PM
He did say that in response to not taking TB seriously enough, "if anything, we worked them too hard. good job wed, thur, fri." He said it was because TB was coming off a bye. M3 was scared of them.

But right before that he said, "it starts with the head coach. we didn't have them well enough prepared."

:huh:

Declaring, blocking and time clock of the QB - "haven't fixed the sacks, yet."

To sum it up, "it's hard to swallow. we're 4-4. we have to rebound and get ready for Dallas."

Hard to swallow???? i dont know how!... MM has been getting enough practice at it... his team has been sucking enough D*** the last couple weeks it should be getting easier to SWALLOW...

red
11-08-2009, 05:22 PM
One question: If your QB is running for his life on just about every play, and you're team is setting records for allowing your QB to get sacked, and your OL is in disarray, and you're playing a team with the worst rushing defense in the league, why don't you rush the ball every damn play?

seems like a no-brainer doesn't it?

esoxx
11-08-2009, 05:23 PM

coach chin?

Urban Meyer

Scott Campbell
11-08-2009, 05:25 PM

coach chin?

Urban Meyer

Bingo.

We'd have the only coach named after a Pope.

Maxie the Taxi
11-08-2009, 05:27 PM

I was listening to the game on radio from the Tampa Bay announcers and they kept saying that the Packers should rush the ball until Tampa proves it can stop the run. It seemed like everytime the running game got started, MM went to the shotgun, tried to pass downfield, and they were out of downs.

Have the Packers every gone three and out this year on runs alone?

Maxie the Taxi
11-08-2009, 05:30 PM

coach chin?

Urban Meyer

Bingo.

Let's see how he does after Tim Tebow graduates. :)

red
11-08-2009, 05:31 PM

I was listening to the game on radio from the Tampa Bay announcers and they kept saying that the Packers should rush the ball until Tampa proves it can stop the run. It seemed like everytime the running game got started, MM went to the shotgun, tried to pass downfield, and they were out of downs.

i said in the game thread that it seemed like we were only running to set up the long pass. even though the short stuff was working much better then the long stuff

m3 just seems to have this obsession with the long ball, like he thinks he can only score if its long

Scott Campbell
11-08-2009, 05:32 PM
Let's see how he does when Tim Tebow graduates. :)

He won one without Tebow playing much at all.

red
11-08-2009, 05:32 PM

coach chin?

Urban Meyer

Bingo.

i don't know

a lot of top flight college coaches have come in and failed badly in the pros

Scott Campbell
11-08-2009, 05:36 PM
True enough.

He's the most charismatic guy I've ever been around. They said he couldn't make the adjustment to the SEC, and he responded by winning 2 national championships.

But he's making $4M per at Florida. I don't think he'd be interested. But it I were the guy making the hire, he's the guy that I'd pursue relentlessly.

Maxie the Taxi
11-08-2009, 05:36 PM

i said in the game thread that it seemed like we were only running to set up the long pass. even though the short stuff was working much better then the long stuff

m3 just seems to have this obsession with the long ball, like he thinks he can only score if its long

I agree with this 100%. I think he sees "explosive" plays as the keys to winning. Maybe because he's such a numbers and stats guy. I'm exactly the opposite. I think you succeed by winning every down, which means gaining positive yardage and playing the field position game. I don't care who you're playing, if you pass too much you keep the other teams offense on the field too long. And if your punter is mediocre like ours, you lose the field position game as well.

denverYooper
11-08-2009, 05:38 PM

I was wondering why they didn't keep running it. They were going 5 yards a pop. And they looked to be having success with it.

BZnDallas
11-08-2009, 05:47 PM
BILL COWHER!!!!!!!!

BallHawk
11-08-2009, 06:34 PM
John Gruden. Do it.

steve823
11-08-2009, 06:53 PM
I am officially on the bandwagon. Fire TT and MM. I've been supporting them for a while ,but at this point it's ridiculous on how little changes and adjustments they make to help our team.

MJZiggy
11-08-2009, 06:54 PM
NOT Gruden. He took Tony Dungy's Super Bowl caliber team and turned them into the team we overlooked today.

arcilite
11-08-2009, 06:56 PM
John Gruden. Do it.

I vote for Gruden.

We need to keep TT.

GMs usually get two chances at coaches, MM isnt gonna work out.

Old School
11-08-2009, 07:15 PM
I was a McCarthy supporter until last week. The way he handled the Jolly head butting penalty proved to me he let's the inmates run the asylum. He might be a good quarterback coach, but can't control, prepare, or motivate a team.

With the knowledge he's not a leader, I was not surprised in the least by today's outcome. This week we'll hear we have to fix that ad nauseam. Sadly by the time we finally get a new coach, Rodgers will be watching the games on TV while sitting in a wheel chair.

College should go into TV full time on WBAY, and leave football to the football players. Tatoos don't help you block.

I don't comment often, but this is getting disgusting.

red
11-08-2009, 07:30 PM
John Gruden. Do it.

I vote for Gruden.

We need to keep TT.

i don't think you can give TT another chance. if M# goes then TT goes with him.

if you fire M3 and not TT then your just giving TT a free pass for 3 more years.

and the big unit has made mention that he's talked to members of the board of directers and some of them have told him that M3 and TT are in bed together, if one goes so does the other. and other members have said if the favre fiasco were to backfire then they would want TT out. the favre thing has been a disaster

sounds like theres people on the board that are prepared to move on. and they are the ones that make the decisions

Partial
11-08-2009, 08:04 PM

You think they'll get rid of him with the 3 years left on contract?

Brandon494
11-08-2009, 08:07 PM
John Gruden. Do it.

I vote for Gruden.

We need to keep TT.

+1

Brandon494
11-08-2009, 08:10 PM
NOT Gruden. He took Tony Dungy's Super Bowl caliber team and turned them into the team we overlooked today.

Was he the GM in Tampa Bay?

Partial
11-08-2009, 08:11 PM
True enough.

He's the most charismatic guy I've ever been around. They said he couldn't make the adjustment to the SEC, and he responded by winning 2 national championships.

But he's making $4M per at Florida. I don't think he'd be interested. But it I were the guy making the hire, he's the guy that I'd pursue relentlessly.

I don't think his offense will translate directly to the NFL. Linebackers are too fast and safeties are too good of tacklers to run all the options stuff.

That said, he's a smart guy so I'm sure he could come up with something.

I could get down with that. I'd rather have Dungy, personally. Clay Matthews could be a better pass rushing Derrick Brooks

red
11-08-2009, 08:13 PM
True enough.

I don't think his offense will translate directly to the NFL. Linebackers are too fast and safeties are too good of tacklers to run all the options stuff.

That said, he's a smart guy so I'm sure he could come up with something.

I could get down with that. I'd rather have Dungy, personally. Clay Matthews could be a better pass rushing Derrick Brooks

does dungy ever want to coach again?

i thought he was pretty happy to call it a career

i wouldn't mind dungy, but at this point i would rather have a hard nosed kick a players ass for screwing up type of coach

Iron Mike
11-08-2009, 08:18 PM
I'm all for bringing the Walrus back.

http://blog.oregonlive.com/nfl/2008/12/Mike_Holmgren_Casey_AP.JPG

rbaloha1
11-08-2009, 08:47 PM
The team's performance is surprising. MM comes across as a tough no nonsense type of coach. However MM teams are sloppy and undisciplined. Problems fester too long. While not a Sherman supporter at least he fixed problems from game to game.

Agree that MM is probably best as a position coach and not a head coach. Shall join the fire MM bandwagon if the Packers fail to make the playoffs.

pbmax
11-08-2009, 09:11 PM

This team has quit. They have quit on the coaching staff and that is a BIG, BIG problem.

This team has many holes but I blame this loss on McCarthy.

Rodgers had a bad day but did McCarthy ever roll him out to get away from the pressure? No. Any quick slants? No. Any passes to the tight end today? One. Any screen passes today? Maybe, one.

Every pass play, Rodgers was looking 20-25 yards down the field. Looking for the "big play" every pass attempt. That was the game plan .... bad game plan McCarthy!
This is the question everyone is asking, but no one has an answer. Are these the plays McCarthy is calling or are those the routes that Rodgers is looking for?

Several times Rodgers went out of his way in the first half to either throw the ball away OOB or throw quickly. This included the Ahman screen and two quick throws to WRs who faced coverage well off the line. There were also three run pass options, two of which went to Jennings. By the third quarter this had stopped.

Earlier this season (after the Viking game I think) Rodgers had at first insisted that he would keep on doing what he was doing when asked if he was holding the ball too long. McCarthy insisted that he was given the progression and needed to stick with it.

With Favre in 06 and 07, it was very controlled and short. My sense was that we took a shot only occasionally and sometimes it was Favre calling his own play for one on one coverage. This year we seem to either have no one open or running really long routes on 5 step drops.

I think the QB has hit the sophomore slump as Favre did in 93. The question now is when will he pull out of the dive?

mraynrand
11-08-2009, 09:17 PM
http://i453.photobucket.com/albums/qq254/mraynrand/Workedem.jpg

pbmax
11-08-2009, 09:29 PM
I agree with this 100%. I think he sees "explosive" plays as the keys to winning. Maybe because he's such a numbers and stats guy. I'm exactly the opposite. I think you succeed by winning every down, which means gaining positive yardage and playing the field position game. I don't care who you're playing, if you pass too much you keep the other teams offense on the field too long. And if your punter is mediocre like ours, you lose the field position game as well.
But a numbers guy also knows what his net yards are with Special Teams factored in. So he knows he is getting killed there. He also knows playing the field position game is a good strategy because as your target gets closer, you are less likely to make a mistake and more likely to score.

As for long drives, we have too many of those without points. The Packers won the TOP battle today and look what good it did them. 10+ minutes got you a double digit loss.

We had 130+ net yards on this team. The problem isn't attitude or buying in to the 3-4 or long pass plays. And its not talent. The Packers outplayed the Bucs in most areas except coverage units and pass rush.

Its mistakes. Turnovers, bad special teams play, penalties (5-35 would look great without the other mistakes), missed blocking assignments (Colledge is playing schizophrenic this year) and dropped passes.

Badgerinmaine
11-08-2009, 09:47 PM
I'm usually one of the last people here to be critical, but I have had it with Mike McCarthy. He is unimaginative, motivates poorly and frankly just does not seem all that bright. His teams have been undisciplined and penalty-prone. Honestly, I'd prefer Mike Sherman as coach to this. No, that's not my first choice, but it'd be an improvement at this point.

But this isn't baseball. Mid-season coaching changes hardly ever happen in football, and when they do it's almost always because of an epic disaster worse than where the Packers are now. It's too complex to change systems in mid-season and hope for good results. But unless there is a total turnaround, and even though there would have to be several years of contract to eat, I think the end of the season will be the time to show McCarthy the door.

MichiganPackerFan
11-09-2009, 10:03 AM

I think you're right. Gruden did really well in Oakland and then ran down Dungy's team. At least he had the class to thank Dungy for the team as one of the first thins he said following the SB win. I like the guy, I just don't think he's top notch.

Scott Campbell
11-09-2009, 10:16 AM
I'm not sure I want any of the retread coaches.

MadtownPacker
11-09-2009, 10:26 AM
I've been on this wagon for a while now. Coach Stubby is useless.

Check this crazy shit out though. Not sure what to make of it.

http://messageboards.aol.com/aol/en_us/articles.php?boardId=149727&articleId=192996&func=6&channel=Sports&filterRead=false&filterHidden=true&filterUnhidden=false

Nov. 8--As Packer coach Mike McCarthy braces for his inevitable firing in the wake of todays last-straw loss to Tampa Bay, it might be a good time to examine the rather curious events that unfolded last year that arguably could present an impediment to McCarthys departure.

On January 19, 2008, McCarthy received a five year contract extension worth about 3.4 million per year, higher than the league average for head coaches. Now, why would the Doughboy idiot (uh, duh, pad level) get this kind of dough, and this kind of deal???

Could it be that dysfunction and nepotism was at work, lads and lasses? Well, lets draw ourselves a pint and look into this a bit.

At the time of the McCarthy Big Bucks Deal, the jiggly-chinned coach was dating Jessica Kress, the ex-wife of William Kress, a Big Bucks, Mega-Influential member of the Packer Board of Directors.

Flash back to October 20, 2005, when Jessica and William were divorced. Court records show that in the divorce, Jessica was the petitioner, i.e., the party who initiated the divorce.

Kress is President/CEO of the privately-held Green Bay Packaging, Inc., with annual revenues that are said to be about $350 million.

Kress hired one of the most prominent divorce lawyers in Wisconsin to defend himself in the divorce from Jessica. Draw your own conclusions as to why. Ka-ching ka-ching, Jessica gonna buy herself some new things.

Here is where things get interesting. Being an influential Packer board member, Kress would presumably have a say in the decision to retain or fire McCarthy. According to the Packers website, McCarthys wife Jessica and her Packer BOD ex-husband have two boys, ages 8 and 6.

[See http://www.packers.com/team/coaches/mccarthy_mike/]

Kress is said to have blustered that if McCarthy is fired, he will object to Jessica leaving the state with the couples two children.

[See http://www.milwaukeemagazine.com/TheMil/default.asp?NewMessageID=23452]

Obviously, Kress would have a strong motive that his boys continue to reside in Green Bay. No doubt that when the Doughboy is fired, and seeks other employment in the NFL, he will have settle for a B-Level job with an undesirable team, like the Jets.

Heaven forbid that Jessica would have to take the boys, Wills boys, and follow her fat slob, loser husband McCarthy to Siberia. Would MoneyBags Will Kress let that happen? Would Jessica even want that?

It will indeed be interesting to see whether Kress will favor firing the Doughboy at this point, or whether he will recuse himself from exerting influence on the issue.

It is also noteworthy that the role of McCarthy himself regarding the current situation appears to be a bit unsavory. As noted, when he got his Big Buck Deal, McCarthy was doing, I mean, dating, Jessica. Kress.

Based on the timing of things, and the public record, it would appear that McCarthy basically got the contract extension just days before he knocked up Jessica, leading to a hastily-arranged marriage to her a couple months later. Jessica and the Doughboys child was born on October 22, 2008. Doing the bio-math, Jessica and the Doughboy, um, got frisky on or about January 22, 2008. Then they crossed the Rubicon and got married in Arizona on March 15, 2008.

So who screwed whom???

Court records also show that on February 6, 2008, shortly after she became pregnant, Jessica (possibly unaware at that point that she was pregnant), filed in court a petition to change her name (presumably back to her maiden name after the 2005 divorce from the Big Bucks Packer BOD guy, Will Kress).

Now, had Mike and Jessica been openly engaged at that point, Jessica would not have needed to legally change her name. Indeed, court records show that Jessicas lawyer in the name change case called the court clerk on March 25, 2008 to withdraw the name change petition.

The clerks docket entry reads: Attorney [for Jessica Kress] called to cancel because the petitioning party got married to Mike McCarthy and doesn't need the name change.

[See Brown County case no. 2008CV000335, CCAP entry no. 6.]

So it would appear that Mike and Jessica were not planning on getting married. The marriage was hasty . . .

McCarthy in early 2008 was supposed to be the respectable head coach of the Packers, whose board of directors just gave him Big Bucks and a huge vote of confidence. He was supposed to be a respectable leader in a family-oriented community.

He could not comfortably present himself to the Green Bay community as just another douchebag who knocked up his girlfriend. The Packer web site makes a point of McCarthys Irish Catholic upbringing. That plays well to the Green Bay community.

It would appear that Mike Hump Daddy McCarthy has not been in the right mindset to coach the Packers for some time. It is the height of irresponsibility that the Packer organization gave this fat loser a five year contract extension last year. And it is even more disturbing that a prominent Packer BOD member now has an apparent non-football motive, sown by McCarthy himself, to retain this loser.

As the clock ticks toward McCarthys firing, look for the TedHoles to continue to defend this piece of garbage coach and grunt like sodomized apes when the he gets his long overdue pink slip.

Brandon494
11-09-2009, 10:32 AM

I think you're right. Gruden did really well in Oakland and then ran down Dungy's team. At least he had the class to thank Dungy for the team as one of the first thins he said following the SB win. I like the guy, I just
don't think he's top notch.

If not for that dumb tuck rule when Tom Brady fumbled the ball yet they ruled it a pass Gruden would have taken the Raiders to the SB as well. Gruden is a good coach and would be an improvement over MM. Gruden is a guy who will get in your face and let you know when you have fucked up which is what we need I believe.

mraynrand
11-09-2009, 10:32 AM
Did her marriage to Stubby prevent a large settlement payout? Did McCarthy saddle up the team as a favor of sorts?

mraynrand
11-09-2009, 10:33 AM
So who screwed whom???

Dude I just got fucked.

red
11-09-2009, 10:35 AM
wow mad

just wow lol

MadtownPacker
11-09-2009, 10:36 AM
Did her marriage to Stubby prevent a large settlement payout? Did McCarthy saddle up the team as a favor of sorts?Sounds like Stubby getting the fat payday kept the ex from having to pay so much alimony and kept the kiddies in WI. Again not sure where this shit came from or how true it is.

SkinBasket
11-09-2009, 10:43 AM
Keep McCarthy. As our QB coach. Rodgers has developed quite well.

Yesterday, the entire team, in all three facets, was standing around, waiting for someone else on the team to do something. Our team looked like one of those poorly programmed football video games from the 90s. Guys running to spots, then stopping. ST tacklers meeting a blocker and standing still. Defenders surrounding a ball carrier, then failing to engage their "tackle routine." And holy fucking christ is Bigby s......l......o......w.

People say Rodgers holds onto the ball too long? In some cases, true, but why the fuck can't our "great" WRs get open after 5, 6, 7 seconds? Do we even have a TE anymore? Someone on the team must know what a comeback route or a crossing pattern looks like.

McCarthy doesn't know what the fuck is going on out there and it's looking more and more like Favre was the one running the offense his last year. Maybe we can lure Favre back to GB next year with a nice head coaching position.

pbmax
11-09-2009, 11:02 AM
Did her marriage to Stubby prevent a large settlement payout? Did McCarthy saddle up the team as a favor of sorts?Sounds like Stubby getting the fat payday kept the ex from having to pay so much alimony and kept the kiddies in WI. Again not sure where this shit came from or how true it is.
Its horseshit from beginning to end and could have been constructed by Joe Arrigo. And I don't even need to look up the court records.

The Packers Board of Directors has been defanged. Harlan (continuing a trend that began before his hiring as CEO) had transferred power from it to the Executive Committee. Itself a much more smaller, agile and workable group. This is the group that Cliff Christl fears like a Mason fears the Spanish Inquisition. Guess who is NOT on the Exec Committee?

The seven-member Executive Committee of the Green Bay Packers presently is composed of Mark H. Murphy, President; Peter M. Platten III, Vice President; Carl W. Kuehne, Secretary; Larry L. Weyers, Treasurer; Daniel T. Ariens, Member; John F. Bergstrom, Member; Edward N. Martin, Member.

If the power to KEEP a coach for personal reasons exists (and I doubt it does given there are seven people voting including Murphy) it exists here and not in the 44 member Board of Directors.

Second, the entire Packer Organization wanted to extend McCarthy, including his boss and both CEOs (Harlan and Murphy). This conspiracy theory rests on conflating the notion that the Packers could be rid of McCarthy if not for nefarious back room dealing. It wants you to ignore that no one in the building had reason to want him gone before last season. He had the contract before he gave anyone reason to want him gone, even if you decided you wanted him gone as you were watching the 6-10 season.

Third, his deal is not above average for coaches on the second contract. That is, coaches whose teams are sure they want to retain the coach. It would be higher than the average only of you compared him with other first contract coaches.

Fourth, even if you want to believe that Kress has this motivation (and we know of no mitigating information because the conspiracy theorist has left out all context) he was only one vote in agreeing to this course of action. Others who presumably did not have McCarthy schtupping their ex voted in favor of this deal.

Fifth. McCarthy may be Irish Catholic (which may not play as well in Wisconsin as the author thinks given that most of his fellow Catholics in the State are German) he is also divorced. It may have been annulled, but this information has not come to light. Come to think of it, I am not certain he was married to the mother of his daughter. If they were trying to impress this constituency, this would be important info.

Sixth, as a Catholic who got someone pregnant with their first child PRIOR to marriage vows, this makes McCarthy fairly typical. The fact that the parents are now married would tie everything up with a bow for the concerned parishioners. Even Pat Robertson would approve.

This story is horse dung.

Packers4Glory
11-09-2009, 11:51 AM
the crappy O-line is all on TT.

but the penalties and crappy special team play is on MM. the team has no discipline whatsoever. I'm also not impressed w/ play calling. If you can't block then why can't we start throwing shorter quicker passes. more screens. more draws. more spread the field and run. I swear Grant's big yards in 2007 game from spreading the field and running.

TT took a shit on the O-line and MM took a shit on discipline and play calling.

time for a change. All we have accomplished is being the youngest team in the NFL 2 years running...maybe 3. Neither guy is going to get the team to the next level.

Scott Campbell
11-09-2009, 11:57 AM
I missed the part about the grassy knoll.

mraynrand
11-09-2009, 12:01 PM
Its horseshit from beginning to end and could have been constructed by Joe Arrigo. And I don't even need to look up the court records.

The Packers Board of Directors has been defanged. Harlan (continuing a trend that began before his hiring as CEO) had transferred power from it to the Executive Committee. Itself a much more smaller, agile and workable group. This is the group that Cliff Christl fears like a Mason fears the Spanish Inquisition. Guess who is NOT on the Exec Committee?

The seven-member Executive Committee of the Green Bay Packers presently is composed of Mark H. Murphy, President; Peter M. Platten III, Vice President; Carl W. Kuehne, Secretary; Larry L. Weyers, Treasurer; Daniel T. Ariens, Member; John F. Bergstrom, Member; Edward N. Martin, Member.

If the power to KEEP a coach for personal reasons exists (and I doubt it does given there are seven people voting including Murphy) it exists here and not in the 44 member Board of Directors.

Second, the entire Packer Organization wanted to extend McCarthy, including his boss and both CEOs (Harlan and Murphy). This conspiracy theory rests on conflating the notion that the Packers could be rid of McCarthy if not for nefarious back room dealing. It wants you to ignore that no one in the building had reason to want him gone before last season. He had the contract before he gave anyone reason to want him gone, even if you decided you wanted him gone as you were watching the 6-10 season.

Third, his deal is not above average for coaches on the second contract. That is, coaches whose teams are sure they want to retain the coach. It would be higher than the average only of you compared him with other first contract coaches.

Fourth, even if you want to believe that Kress has this motivation (and we know of no mitigating information because the conspiracy theorist has left out all context) he was only one vote in agreeing to this course of action. Others who presumably did not have McCarthy schtupping their ex voted in favor of this deal.

Fifth. McCarthy may be Irish Catholic (which may not play as well in Wisconsin as the author thinks given that most of his fellow Catholics in the State are German) he is also divorced. It may have been annulled, but this information has not come to light. Come to think of it, I am not certain he was married to the mother of his daughter. If they were trying to impress this constituency, this would be important info.

Sixth, as a Catholic who got someone pregnant with their first child PRIOR to marriage vows, this makes McCarthy fairly typical. The fact that the parents are now married would tie everything up with a bow for the concerned parishioners. Even Pat Robertson would approve.

I can't believe you actually debunked the story! Perhaps next you could outline how the Mossad didn't cause 911.

pbmax
11-09-2009, 12:08 PM

I can't believe you actually debunked the story! Perhaps next you could outline how the Mossad didn't cause 911.
C'mon. No one believes that kind of thing. Everyone knows it was publicity stunt for "24" gone horribly awry.

red
11-09-2009, 04:24 PM
ok, i was waiting for someone else to post this so it didn't look like i was the only one holding the torch and pitchfork. but its been a couple hours now, so oh well

m3, just doesn't know how to shut up, he keeps throwing diesel on the fire

from pft

McCarthy: Pass protection problems are correctable
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on November 9, 2009 3:45 PM ET
No team inflates opposing sack numbers like the Green Bay Packers. (Jared Allen will have to thank them in his Defensive Player of the Year acceptance speech.)

The Buccaneers had eleven sacks all season before Sunday, then dropped Aaron Rodgers six times. The return of tackles Mark Tauscher and Chad Clifton appeared to help in the first half, as Rodgers stayed clean. But Tauscher then went down with a knee strain in the third quarter and the carnage started.

Packers coach Mike McCarthy was asked if he'd be open to getting suggestions from other coaches or friends to help fix the problem.

"I think anytime you are in problem solving, it's about applying solutions. It's obvious what has gone on in our particular failures in that area," McCarthy said. "There are other options as we move forward, and those are some of the things we'll look to in certain situations. We don't need wholesale change.

"We may need to adjust some things and that will be our focus. But as far as going outside the building, I'm not going to sit here and tell you that I have all the answers, but I'm very confident in the issues that we've had in pass protection, that they are correctable."

McCarthy hasn't corrected anything so far. The Packers have taken seven more sacks than any team in football. The other top eight teams in sacks allowed all have losing records. The folks around the Packers are tired of hearing McCarthy say the same things each week.

After reading the above quote, Greg A. Bedard of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel tweeted "Does McCarthy realize how infuriating that is for Packers fans to hear -- or even Aaron Rodgers and the receivers?"

McCarthy is either delusional or not doing a good job fixing the correctable mistakes, which certainly include Rodgers' penchant for holding the ball too long. McCarthy will likely have to make adjustments this week without Tauscher's help -- there is only a "slight" chance the right tackle could play.

Your turn, Cowboys.

if its fixable then it should have been fixed by now. to me m3 just admitted he can't fix the problem

Freak Out
11-09-2009, 06:07 PM
Mike Hump Daddy McCarthy

"Grunt like sodomized apes"

ND72
11-09-2009, 07:16 PM
I've been listening to so many people saying we need to fire Thompson based on the fact he hasn't gone and gotten a good OL. #1, he hasn't had to draft a LT or a stud like that because we had Clifton and Tauscher. Granted we had to have known that would come to an end. Also, people keep saying it's so obvious we're bad because we don't have a single #1 draft pick on our line. BUT, think back to early 2000's....
LT - Clifton - 2nd Round
LG - Wahle - Supplemental 2nd Round
C - Flanagan - 3rd Round
RG - Rivera - 6th Round
RT - Tauscher - 7th Round

It isn't when you take the player, it's who you take. And I think it all comes from McCarthy's view of the OL, as unimportant.

pbmax
11-09-2009, 08:03 PM
I've been listening to so many people saying we need to fire Thompson based on the fact he hasn't gone and gotten a good OL. #1, he hasn't had to draft a LT or a stud like that because we had Clifton and Tauscher. Granted we had to have known that would come to an end. Also, people keep saying it's so obvious we're bad because we don't have a single #1 draft pick on our line. BUT, think back to early 2000's....
LT - Clifton - 2nd Round
C - Flanagan - 3rd Round
RG - Rivera - 6th Round

It isn't when you take the player, it's who you take. And I think it all comes from McCarthy's view of the OL, as unimportant.
We were working over Favre's first offensive lines in another thread and discussing how they changed going to the Super Bowl years. The only pick that Wolf made that is not compatible with Thompson's picks would be Aaron Taylor, 1st round as a Guard.

When he needed a LT after Ruettgers and Wilkerson, he burned through two firsts (Michels and Verba), and two seconds (Wahle and Clifton).

ND72
11-09-2009, 08:39 PM
LT - Clifton - 2nd Round
C - Flanagan - 3rd Round
RG - Rivera - 6th Round

We were working over Favre's first offensive lines in another thread and discussing how they changed going to the Super Bowl years. The only pick that Wolf made that is not compatible with Thompson's picks would be Aaron Taylor, 1st round as a Guard.

When he needed a LT after Ruettgers and Wilkerson, he burned through two firsts (Michels and Verba), and two seconds (Wahle and Clifton).

Great points. Offensive lineman are dime a dozen, and it pains me to say that. But it's all about finding guys that fit your system. I do think we've found guys in Lang, Spitz, and Sitton....and I still have hope for Barbre. I like Lang, but I really don't think he's a LT. I think he would be a monster at LG, or even RT. I would LOVE to see us get a stud LT....I didn't see it last draft, but man I would love to have a Michael Oher right now. I know he's playing RT for Baltimore, but dang.

By the way, I bought his book last weekend, just finished it this weekend....AWESOME.

Fritz
11-09-2009, 08:43 PM
Thanks, ND and PB. I've been saying for a while that just because you don't draft a tackle in the first doesn't mean you don't care or aren't trying. I also cited the offensive line from Wolf's time, with Wahle a second rounder, Rivera a sixth, Frankie bag o' donuts a what, free agent? Tenth rounder? Tauscher a seventh and Clifton a second.

But the way this line is playing - or not playing - I am starting to wonder if Ted has overestimated the talent he's brought in - specifically College and Barbre.

ND72
11-09-2009, 08:51 PM
Thanks, ND and PB. I've been saying for a while that just because you don't draft a tackle in the first doesn't mean you don't care or aren't trying. I also cited the offensive line from Wolf's time, with Wahle a second rounder, Rivera a sixth, Frankie bag o' donuts a what, free agent? Tenth rounder? Tauscher a seventh and Clifton a second.

But the way this line is playing - or not playing - I am starting to wonder if Ted has overestimated the talent he's brought in - specifically College and Barbre.

Barbre I have been OK with the past few weeks...he's not doing anything spectacular, but also not messing up big time. Not as noticible as early in year. Colledge has disappointed me big time. Last year I thought I started to see a spark come on for him as he was playing better than most guys late in the year, but this year, holy crap. TB was a sign things aren't right. I have never seen a Guard get killed as badly as Colledge did.

BUT...why the HELL would we double team a DT with a Guard/Tackle, and leave the DE 1 on 1 against our TE???? I'm not a genius, but when I ran the pro style offense in high school, pretty damn sure the last thing I did was expect my TE to make blocks.

I do think Lang could be a monster LG for us, see if Colledge can be a tackle given time to become the tackle. I would personally like to see Clifton, Lang, Wells, Sitton, and Barbre end the year. I wasn't at all impressed with Tauscher, and thought Barbre looked far better than him, but I still think Tauscher wasn't ready.

Back to the point being made by Fritz though...I think Teddy has drafted guys that "appeal" to McCarthy's system, but as I've said numerous times, I think McCarthy over looks the importance of the OL, and it's coming back to bite him in the ass.

ThunderDan
11-09-2009, 09:01 PM

Fritz-

Here is what people don't seem to realize.

You get 1 first round pick a year and there are 22 positions to fill. How often can you afford to take a first in the same position in back to back years? Look what trying to find a WR in Detroit did to them.

If you are using first round picks to get studs (you hope in the first round) in back to back years you are ignoring another postion.

The Packers need OL help next year but we also need a OLB to replace Kampmann, a CB to fill for Chuck and Al getting old, a S because Bigby has a hard time staying on the field, a change of pace RB, a 3rd string QB to develop, and a DL because you can never have enough.

That's six of our 2010 picks assuming we don't draft multiples at OL. With a noncapped year which means 6 years until FA and two tags, there will not be many if any quality FA on the market.

GB is going to need a very good draft in 2010 or some of the rookies they are developing to step up.

The good news is that every NFL team has weaknesses. There is only so much cap space to pay players.

Badgerinmaine
11-10-2009, 05:57 AM
Frankie bag o' donuts a what, free agent? Tenth rounder?
Both. The Browns drafted him as a 10th rounder, he played for two other teams and then he came to the Packers:
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WintFr00.htm

mraynrand
09-14-2012, 10:24 AM
Victory heals all wounds

cheesner
09-14-2012, 12:45 PM
Victory heals all wounds
And some season in the future, when AR retires and the new QB has a few early stumbles, these threads will be back in full force.

Guiness
09-14-2012, 02:15 PM
Love the OL discussion, with the obligatory mention of Verba. Decent player, head case and partier extraordinaire! Loved when he was in Detroit, and was seen in Vegas with Paris Hilton around the time of some OTAs!

Winters was a great player. He was also our backup LT, I remember the LT (Clifton?) going down and there was a bunch of shuffling. He slid over to LT, but I can't remember who came in at center. I remember being pretty surprised.

Colledge as LT *shudder* Waldo thought he was pro bowl material there. Too bad he didn't work out, because I never felt he had the right build to be a guard - too long and lean, you want guards that look like fireplugs.

edit: doh! A bit of looking tells me it was probably his successor, Mike Flanagan who was the backup LT?

mmmdk
09-14-2012, 02:28 PM
If one is abducted by, say, aliens, wouldn't the aliens replace the abductee with some smart alien...even fooball smart? It would explain a lot about Packers XLV SB win! :lol:

HarveyWallbangers
09-14-2012, 02:48 PM
I just wanted it noted that I did not endorse firing Mike McCarthy.
:)

pbmax
09-15-2012, 09:47 AM
I forgot the McCarthy is un-fireable because of adultery theory.

Skinbasket as the calm voice of reason.

We make fun of Bears fans, but this fire M3 campaign came in the middle of a playoff season :lol:

And right before dismantling the Cowboys with Rodgers taking the reins.

mraynrand
09-15-2012, 10:00 AM
Gruden is a good coach and would be an improvement over MM. Gruden is a guy who will get in your face and let you know when you have fucked up which is what we need I believe.

http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/3dcc1_jon_gruden.jpg

Just listening to Gruden on the telly makes me think that he would have to have a short shelf life anywhere he goes to coach. Eventually that demeanor will get under the skin of every player he coaches. They keep talking about him in Cleveland, but my guess is that if he ever comes back to coaching, he'll last at best 4 years.

mission
09-15-2012, 10:02 AM
Ive been saying this!!!

Signed.

Wow, ok. We've came a long way. :lol:

pbmax
09-15-2012, 11:18 AM
http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/3dcc1_jon_gruden.jpg

Just listening to Gruden on the telly makes me think that he would have to have a short shelf life anywhere he goes to coach. Eventually that demeanor will get under the skin of every player he coaches. They keep talking about him in Cleveland, but my guess is that if he ever comes back to coaching, he'll last at best 4 years.

He's made for TV. Whether he is in the booth or on the sideline.

Pugger
09-15-2012, 11:27 AM
Made for TV? In my mind BSPN took the wrong color guy out of that booth.

gbgary
09-15-2012, 08:58 PM
I just wanted it noted that I did not endorse firing Mike McCarthy.
:)

i was very much on board. in fact i was calling for his head to roll long before this thread. it was that whole play-calling thing. by the end of the '09 season i'd made a complete 180* on him.

Packers4Glory
09-15-2012, 09:39 PM
the crappy O-line is all on TT.

but the penalties and crappy special team play is on MM. the team has no discipline whatsoever. I'm also not impressed w/ play calling. If you can't block then why can't we start throwing shorter quicker passes. more screens. more draws. more spread the field and run. I swear Grant's big yards in 2007 game from spreading the field and running.

TT took a shit on the O-line and MM took a shit on discipline and play calling.

time for a change. All we have accomplished is being the youngest team in the NFL 2 years running...maybe 3. Neither guy is going to get the team to the next level.

Doh!

MJZiggy
09-16-2012, 08:37 AM
And to top it off, we didn't get Gruden, thank god in heaven and all our lucky stars.

Brandon494
09-16-2012, 03:58 PM
I remember that game, it got me ban from the scout.com board for making a thread about the positives to take from the game. The Admin there was a TT basher and his fat ass went off on me for creating such a thread. I wish I could back and just laugh in his face now but its whatever because after that game I made this place my #1 Packer board. :)

Brandon494
09-16-2012, 04:06 PM
haha BTW Gruden is a great coach, I think he would be a perfect coach for a veteran team. I do think he is great for TV though but lets not forget the guy does have a SB ring and could have possibly have another if not for that dumb ass Brady tuck rule.

pbmax
09-16-2012, 05:03 PM
I remember that game, it got me ban from the scout.com board for making a thread about the positives to take from the game. The Admin there was a TT basher and his fat ass went off on me for creating such a thread. I wish I could back and just laugh in his face now but its whatever because after that game I made this place my #1 Packer board. :)

Who runs the scout.com board? Is it the Scout.com Packer writer? Because he's singing a different tune these days.

Brandon494
09-16-2012, 05:43 PM
Who runs the scout.com board? Is it the Scout.com Packer writer? Because he's singing a different tune these days.

Gimby Butt and it wouldn't surprise me that he has changed his tuned. Its damn near impossible to bash TT nowadays. Him and this poster Hyatt were best friends and I even remember how they thought Jay Cutler was a better QB than Rodgers. :roll: