Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Rat communication

Senior Rat All-Pro jack's smirking revenge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarlam!
    Yup. Move to Oz....

Your turn on the Mike Davis thread. It was your idea....
    With all due respect, I think I'm going to start a new thread. I don't want to trash our story by continuing it under the title of "Mike Davis".

tyler
    Receive thy new Possessor: One who brings
    A mind not to be chang'd by Place or Time.
    The mind is its own place, and in it self
    Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n.

"Paradise Lost"-John Milton

Quote Originally Posted by jacks smirking revenge
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarlam!
    Yup. Move to Oz....

Your turn on the Mike Davis thread. It was your idea....
    With all due respect, I think I'm going to start a new thread. I don't want to trash our story by continuing it under the title of "Mike Davis".

tyler
    good idea jack

Kids grade school had a fundraiser last night. I dropped a bundle, but they made a LOT of money.

Good morning.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Buenos dias Zig.

Hello world!! I am up!! My eyes are open and not quite as perky as my avatars (nobody's eyes are that perky). My coffee's brewin'. And I got a cal this morning letting me know I get to go to my first baseball game of the season next week. It must be spring or something, but could somebody please explain why my thermometer's broken 'cause it still says 34 degrees? My daffodils and crocuses beg to differ!

Blog Entries
    Good morning, what team are you going to see? You are in TX right?

No, I'm on the Eastern end of things. We're driving up to Baltimore to watch the Orioles take on the Nationals in a charity preseason game. If their pattern over last year hold (and for the last few years for the O's), both teams start really good and then get toasted after the All-Star break. Therefore, I'm expecting a good game.

Blog Entries
    Baseball is really a dead sport to me. You can thank Bonds for that. SF Giants fan here.

Hey, they got rid of Raffy!! I can no longer hold recent records in any esteem though. How can a normal human hope to break any of the records that were set on juice?

Blog Entries
    All the power hitters records from the 90s should be wiped out.

I'd have to agree with you there. Poor one-in-a-million guy who actually got one of those records legitimately only to have it tainted because everyone else around him was (getting vitamin shots).

Good night. Hopefully CE will be up tomorrow and Harlan will stop asking me to kill people...

St. Louis Radio Announcer fired.

Apparently he had a little slip of the tongue and used the word "coon" in regard to Condoleeza Rice and the NFL Commissioner's job. He meant to say coup and immediately began apologizing for it. Just thought it was interesting.

That suck's. Why is coon such a bad word?

Senior Rat All-Pro jack's smirking revenge's Avatar
    I heard about that this morning too. "Coon" as defined by dictionary.com is..

n 1: an eccentric or undignified rustic; "I'll be a gone coon when the battle starts" 2: (ethnic slur) offensive name for a Black person; "only a Black can call another Black a nigga" [syn: nigger, nigga, spade, jigaboo, nigra] 3: North American raccoon [syn: common raccoon, common racoon, ringtail, Procyon lotor]

You can see why its such an issue. I'm not sure where I stand on this one. He did seem apologetic and, most likely, mixed "coup" and "boon", both of which were appropriate for the statement he was trying to make regarding Condi and her shot at commishing the NFL. He was actually being VERY complimentary towards her and the slip was an accident. He was very apologetic, but that wasn't enough.

A radio show I was listening to this morning paralleled his statement with that of Wolf Blitzer's comment "So Black" in regards to the victims of Hurricane Katrina.

It is very possible that he just mixed the two words--coup and boon--and got to "coon", but is it really possible for that word to slip if he's never said it before?

tyler
    Receive thy new Possessor: One who brings
    A mind not to be chang'd by Place or Time.
    The mind is its own place, and in it self
    Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n.

"Paradise Lost"-John Milton

Blog Entries
    About a year or 2 ago the LT Gov for Cali Cruz Bustamante (he is suppose to be Latino, yeah right) was making a speach somewhere in LA in front of mostly black audience and during the speach he said nigger instaed of negro. I dont know how it blew over so easy but he apoligized and still has his job. My opinion is that you say whats in your heart when you slip.

Redneck Rat HOFer Little Whiskey's Avatar
    you think the mayor of new orleans slipped when he said he wanted a Chocolate City?

what would happen if the mayor of Greenbay said he wanted greenbay to be a vanilla city.

well i guess greenbay is already a vanilla city.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker
    you say whats in your heart when you slip.
    Good call.

Call me a convict-kraut or whatever. I just don't give a fuck. Just do not try and marry my daughter! I will use my gun.

Redneck Rat HOFer Little Whiskey's Avatar
    Tarlam, my wife couldn't understand why i was hoping for a son while she was pregnant. I kept trying to explain that with a boy you only have to worry about one dick, instead of a world of dicks!!! needless to say i got my wish.