Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Thread: How Voters Think

? HOFer
    blind hope? He is a terrible senator. As a matter of fact, he has done NOTHING except neglect his duty of being a senator to campaign and move up.

Hillary has accomplished 10x as much. And Bill Richardson was better spoken and has actually ran a state before. Without acknowledging and having past success, there is very little evidence of any chance for success moving forward.

In reality, if people wanted change they should have voted for Richardson. He is the only one with the experience to get anything done.

I would have considered voting for Richardson. He and Hillary have been by far the best in the debates. Obama is getting votes because he's an educated black man. That's the only reason imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Partial
    blind hope? He is a terrible senator. As a matter of fact, he has done NOTHING except neglect his duty of being a senator to campaign and move up.
    Partial, how many senators can you name that were amazing, solely because of their own work?

Why do you think Senators rarely get elected? Because you don't get a distinguished record in the Senate. It is designed so one person's voice doesn't reign supreme over others.

To say he has been a "terrible" senator is ignorant.
    "I've got one word for you- Dallas, Texas, Super Bowl"- Jermichael Finley

? HOFer
    He is absolutely a terrible senator. Since the day he was elected, he has been campaigning for president. Just like John Edwards did in NC. How is ignoring your duties and your country to put your personal interest ahead of your job not a terrible, selfish job!?!?!?

If Obama became President, he'd either be fantastic or be this century's version of Jimmy Carter.

All this talk for change rings hollow for McCain and for Hillary. They've been there for quite some time in one way or another. They've helped contribute to this mess which has been coming to a head for the past 2 decades.

The only one that is truly putting forth a different approach, IMO, is Huckabee. Between the Fair Tax and his plans for economic stimulus (not this hokey rebate we're getting this summer) I feel he's the best one to motivate change.

I feel though that America is so disillusioned with government that Obama would win hands down vs. McCain. Whether he gets past Billary, that remains to be seen. It still could come down to floor fight with the super delegates. Some Democrats like Donna Brazile (herself a superdelegate and former leader of Gore's presidential campaign) said she'd quit the Democratic party if the superdelegates decided the nominee.

All I have to say is I'd hate to be a Democrat from Michigan or Florida. Not having your delegates seated at the convention is definitely destructive. Having an emergency caucus or primary makes a sham of the initial primary. Seating the delegates when Obama never even campaigned in those states since the delegates weren't going to be counted would be unfair as well.
    -digital dean

No "TROLLS" allowed!

Without acknowledging and having past success, there is very little evidence of any chance for success moving forward.
    Tell it to M3...
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosier
    Ask youself why more wealthy US citizens aren't moving to Costa Rica or some other tax haven.

I understand the ex-pats rates are growing by leaps and bounds.
    Without any data, a pretty worthless fact.

Of course it is growing..hard to decline.

Just to clarify, Donna Brazile has revised her statement about quiting the Democratic party. She's now saying she'd resign from her spot as a super delegate.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby
    You and Tyrone are perfect for one another. He could even work so you can stay at home!
    the lad does have a point.
    I think Partial has it opposite. Tyrone's anthem has always been The Member's "Working Girl."

Lost classic for the WHITE freeloading male. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MuuTjT8AXs

"She don't have much, but i tell you she's the ticket to the easy life for me"

"then she could go out to work and i'd lie around the house in the dirt, then she could out to work and bring the money home to me."

"We got a love so pure, as long as she pays the rent."

..."I'm in love with a working girl...cause we can stay out late and she can buy all the drinks with all the money she's earned...I'm in love with a working girl"

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Bigguns
    You and Tyrone are perfect for one another. He could even work so you can stay at home!
    I think Partial has it opposite. Tyrone's anthem has always been The Member's "Working Girl."

Lost classic for the WHITE freeloading male. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MuuTjT8AXs

"then she could go out to work and i'd lie around the house in the dirt, then she could out to work and bring the money home to me."

..."I'm in love with a working girl...cause we can stay out late and she can buy all the drinks with all the money she's earned...I'm in love with a working girl"
    If that's your anthem you've been proposing to the wrong girl...
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out
    I really hope that fucking fat wind bag Rush (do people really listen to him? Fuck....) and that twig of a slam hound Coulter keep slamming McCain....we need a Dem in the WH the next couple of terms to restock the Supreme Court and the more conservatives they can push away from the polls the better. The same goes for the far right Christians like Dobson....keep it up on Sundays you schmuck.
    Don't you just love how Rush finally endorsed romney the day before SuperTues. Naw, he could't have used your help in Iowa, etc.

Don't worry about the repub candidate. They are killing themselves over immigration. Rove at least understood that latinos were necessary to win. The days of latinos supporting repubs at over 30% are over. They'll be lucky to pull 25..which means a loss. They are doing a pete wilson redux..turning a solid red state into blue. Look for Colo, Nev, even Florida (first time more non cuban latinos than cubanos) to go blue.

Hell, even MM had to get away from repub leadership.

It isn't by accident that the dems are holding their convention in the west.

Quote Originally Posted by BallHawk
    Can someone please tell me what exactly Barack Obama has done?!?
    To be honest, I don't think the Obama campaign themselves could tell you what Obama has done, at least of any significance.

The Obama campaign has done a great job making something out of very little. This campaign has been built around Obama himself, not his stance on the issues or his effectiveness as a political figure, but on how he talks and his likeability.

So, to answer your question, Obama has done jack-squat.
    So you're willing to vote for someone who has done nothing. Nice. Go figure.
    Is that a change. We elected Bush in 00 with pretty much no experience. Unless you count 4.5 years as governor of the state with the least gobernatorial power as something significantly different than Obama.

Pots meet kettle.

To be honest, I don't think the Obama campaign themselves could tell you what Obama has done, at least of any significance.

The Obama campaign has done a great job making something out of very little. This campaign has been built around Obama himself, not his stance on the issues or his effectiveness as a political figure, but on how he talks and his likeability.

So, to answer your question, Obama has done jack-squat.
    So you're willing to vote for someone who has done nothing. Nice. Go figure.
    Is that a change. We elected Bush in 00 with pretty much no experience. Unless you count 4.5 years as governor of the state with the least gobernatorial power as something significantly different than Obama.

Pots meet kettle.

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket
    Yes, I am the only person who is stealing your tax dollars. It was also my choice for them to give out rebate checks. You truly are an idiot. You and Tyrone are perfect for one another. He would even work so you can stay at home!

Milwaukee is a terrible city loaded with crime. How can anyone in their right mind dispute this?!? It's so bad that the police to do not even come if you call in stating someone broke into your house. Believe me, my father has had to do it on multiple occasions.
    You're the only one here stealing my tax dollars while advocating a more fair tax system while also trying to get out of paying every cent he can on his tax return with the rest of his life already paid for in full. Maybe you should use that free money from the government to start your campaign to stop free government handouts. You'd be like the Robin Hood of Stupidity.

No one is disputing Milwaukee has crime. We're disputing that you have any fucking clue what you're talking about. And it's really not that hard to do. Make sure to rest your tootsies real good today, I'm sure you've got lots of loafing - I mean working and studying and judging to do tomorrow. That and you still have to decide how to spend my money. Maybe some lifts for your shoes, no?

And for fucks sake do not get a gun. Ever. You are the case study of why people shouldn't buy guns for home protection.
    Yes, because I take advantage of SO many tax breaks. I get the same personal exemption that YOU get. I do not take advantage of any social programs.

blah blah blah blah blah. You didn't say anything that makes any sense. You can talk about how I spend my work day when you actually get a real job. I'd be ashamed to free load off of my wife personally, but I guess you're more content sitting around playing your PS3 during the day. Funny how taking care of your kids all day is such hard work yet us working folk don't have the time to play video games like you do!

You don't know anything about me, so don't make idiotic statements. I hope for your kids sake your wife doesn't leave you, but I simply do not see that happening.
    Partial, If you've gotten even a dime of financial aid loans that you didn't get through your local bank, I have news for you. Also, you were educated in the public school system which is nothing more than one very large social program. Get over yourself and realize that some things that are done to benefit society also benefit you whether directly or indirectly. And the reason I go off about stay-at-home parenting is not because it's horrific and not rewarding. It's because of moronic statements like this one that assume that if you're home all day with little children, you have nothing better to do than play video games. Like if something needed to be done, my ex used to say to me, "well you ARE home" as if my being here made my day a la-dee-dah walk in the park. It's not horror-movie material and, the rewards are immense--nothing replaces your 3-year-old explaining to you how to read, but it's damn hard work, mentally draining (I've never heard of a case of executive brain rot) exhausting 24/7 on call WORK. I hope when you have your four kids that you come to realize that your wife makes so much more money than you do that it makes sense for you to stay home with them because if you care about the little rug rats at all you'll realize that having one of their parents home is so much better FOR THEM that one of you should make the sacrifice (odd phrase they use for that isn't it) and stay home with the kids. You will care enough for them to do that for them, won't you? (Here's a hint, your kids will appreciate a ton more having you there than they will the extra money you'll bring in.)
    I think the kids will appreciate the money more than having him around.

Since Partial has already told us his chick is more stupid than him, i'm now inclined to believe. After all, what smart woman would date him?

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman
    I think Obama's followers see him as a talented as a charismatic guy with potential for greatness. I think they are focused more on what he can do in the future than on what he has done in the past. The fact that he doesn't have much experience in Washington isn't a problem for them because they see experienced pols like Clinton and McCain as symptomatic of what is wrong with Washington.
    Yeah, Joe hit the nail on the head. It's not what he has done, it is what he is capable of doing. Or at least what we think he is......

Is that a naive belief? Yes. But, hell, if people were naive enough to vote for Bush in 2004 then I don't see a problem with it. Everyone promises change in their campaigns and then they come to Washington and do shit. Will Obama be the one to kick the habit? I can't say for certain. However, he's got a helluva chance and that's a lot more than I can say for the other candidates out there.
    They weren't naive in 04, they were stupid. Naive, maybe in 00.

I think Obama's followers see him as a talented as a charismatic guy with potential for greatness. I think they are focused more on what he can do in the future than on what he has done in the past. The fact that he doesn't have much experience in Washington isn't a problem for them because they see experienced pols like Clinton and McCain as symptomatic of what is wrong with Washington.
    Yeah, Joe hit the nail on the head. It's not what he has done, it is what he is capable of doing. Or at least what we think he is......

Is that a naive belief? Yes. But, hell, if people were naive enough to vote for Bush in 2004 then I don't see a problem with it. Everyone promises change in their campaigns and then they come to Washington and do shit. Will Obama be the one to kick the habit? I can't say for certain. However, he's got a helluva chance and that's a lot more than I can say for the other candidates out there.
    Sadly this blind hope is sweeping the nation. Personally, I feel sorry for any of the secret service agents that will be asked to protect him.
    Yes, hope is such a damned disgusting thing to have. If he's capable of great things and he's capable of running the country well, who cares how many years he's been doing what? I'm more interested in what he can do in the future than what he has done in the past.
    As i'm sure Partial's future employer's will be thinking after viewing his dizzying academic success at plattville and UWM. Not to mention his record breaking career at sear's.

You better hope they don't look at your past as a prediction of your future.

Cuts both ways, doesn't it P.

If that's your anthem you've been proposing to the wrong girl...
    For you, i'd change. The minute you accept, Subway has their newest sandwich engineer.

You can exhale.

Give the song/video a listen/look. It is one of the greatest tongue in cheek songs ever. Not to mention looking back at the "cool" hairstyles of the early 80s.

Yes, hope is such a damned disgusting thing to have. If he's capable of great things and he's capable of running the country well, who cares how many years he's been doing what? I'm more interested in what he can do in the future than what he has done in the past.
    How does he give hope? Hope for what?

For me, that "Yes We Can" song encapsulates everything that is wrong with the Obama movement. It has all the religious overtone, the rightousness, of a very pure cause. But the only cause is to help a very ambitious man to get power.

Obama's speeches really rub me the wrong way. They are all marketting pitches.

I would like to see Obama sit down with a good interviewer for a three hour session. They actually do that with people on CSPAN once a month, on a show called IN-DEPTH. I don't want an interviewer to grill Obama, or try and catch him in contradictions. I want to hear what he wants to do with his presidency. Reading positions off a website is bullshit - they are perfected and embellished like a resume, they just cover all bases.

I have very little idea what Obama is about. I have never heard him speak about what he wants to do - specifically. And by that, I don't mean facts and figures, but rather a layout exactly where he wants to go, his strategies.

People keep repeating that he wants to change the way government works. How? He keeps emphasizing lobbyists, but that is not a big deal. I don't believe he is going to change anything.

People say he is not a traditional politician. BS. He just looks different. He has been working the same supporters as the Clintons.

WHAT DOES HE WANT TO DO IN IRAQ?? The only thing I have heard from him has been vague and kind of silly. I want to hear him speak at length.

So far, to me, Obama is just a smiling face, anice personality, a guy with charisma. I cringe that people are willing to find so much meaningness in blank space.

? HOFer

Sadly this blind hope is sweeping the nation. Personally, I feel sorry for any of the secret service agents that will be asked to protect him.
    As i'm sure Partial's future employer's will be thinking after viewing his dizzying academic success at plattville and UWM. Not to mention his record breaking career at sear's.

You better hope they don't look at your past as a prediction of your future.

Cuts both ways, doesn't it P.
    That's the difference between you and me. At 40, you'll still have to report for to a boss. I won't. At 40, you might hit the board of directors. At 40, I'll be the judge jury and executioner myself. You might bring home 200-300k and work 14 hour days, but I'll do what my dad does and work about 6, with the freedom to come and go according to the needs of my family. You can rip on my all you want, but lets compare lives when we're 40 and see whose better off.

Shutdown Rat All-Pro Charles Woodson's Avatar
    Partial, how many senators can you name that were amazing, solely because of their own work?

Why do you think Senators rarely get elected? Because you don't get a distinguished record in the Senate. It is designed so one person's voice doesn't reign supreme over others.

To say he has been a "terrible" senator is ignorant.
    But wait bh, If partial says that obama is terrible then it simply HAS TO BE TRUE

While I agree with you on a lot of those points, HH, I think that, unfortunately, elections have swayed away from issues and have gone to the personality of the candidates. Romney failed because he came across as a corporate rat that has been running Washington over the years. Guys like Obama and Huckabee are surging because they bring something to the table that hasn't been seen too often in the past.

And I too would like to see Obama sit down and lay out a "road map" for his presidency. Hell, I'd like to see all the candidates do that.