Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Thread: How Voters Think

? HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Woodson
    Quote Originally Posted by BallHawk
    Quote Originally Posted by Partial
    blind hope? He is a terrible senator. As a matter of fact, he has done NOTHING except neglect his duty of being a senator to campaign and move up.
    Partial, how many senators can you name that were amazing, solely because of their own work?

Why do you think Senators rarely get elected? Because you don't get a distinguished record in the Senate. It is designed so one person's voice doesn't reign supreme over others.

To say he has been a "terrible" senator is ignorant.
    But wait bh, If partial says that obama is terrible then it simply HAS TO BE TRUE
    What has he done? I pose that question to anyone to answer. The best answer I have gotten so far is something along the lines of this: "well, uh, he hasn't done anything, but he talks really good for a black public figure". Since going in office, he has neglected his duty to self-promote himself to be president. If he can't handle the job of being a senator, how can he handle being a president?!?

The best candidate out of the bunch for the dems was Bill Richardson, but when you have a black guy, a women, and a southerner going against him, it would be pretty tough to win.

IMO, the democratic party this year is all about style (something fresh, a black guy or a women or a southern democrat!) over substance (Richardson actually has experience running a state and balancing a budget).

What has he done? I pose that question to anyone to answer. The best answer I have gotten so far is something along the lines of this: "well, uh, he hasn't done anything, but he talks really good for a black public figure". Since going in office, he has neglected his duty to self-promote himself to be president. If he can't handle the job of being a senator, how can he handle being a president?!?
    Ok, I already answered this once, but I'll do it again.

Partial, Obama launched his Senate campaign in 2003. He didn't come onto the national radar until his speech at the 2004 DNC. While Obama is an excellent speaker and he knows that himself, I doubt he expected the reaction that he would get from his speech.

Also, if you had followed Obama, you'd know he wasn't intending on running in '08. He had said he wanted to complete his duty in the Senate and then think about running in 2012. It was the pressure put onto him by advisers, friends, and political figures that made him decide to run.

Once again, what basis do you have to say "he couldn't handle the Senate"? I don't see any scandals, controversies, or screw-ups on his resume. He has performed his duty as a Senator and I can't see how anybody could say otherwise.
    "I've got one word for you- Dallas, Texas, Super Bowl"- Jermichael Finley

That's the difference between you and me. At 40, you'll still have to report for to a boss. I won't. At 40, you might hit the board of directors. At 40, I'll be the judge jury and executioner myself. You might bring home 200-300k and work 14 hour days, but I'll do what my dad does and work about 6, with the freedom to come and go according to the needs of my family. You can rip on my all you want, but lets compare lives when we're 40 and see whose better off.
    That may be the most pompous post I've ever read. And you accuse Tyrone of thinking he's better than you? Hey pot...

Between this post and the one you aimed at Skin you're making yourself look like quite the ass.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

? HOFer
    Ha

Didn't intend to run until 2012. Yeah.. OK...

Maybe in Media speak, but that cat hat his mind made up he was going to run for president since he was 12 evidently, and you know he knew he was running this year if Kerry didn't win that election or else he wouldn't have made the speech.

He hasn't been involved in any major projects on the senate. Hillary has been. He has done a bad job imo by ignoring it to focus on his campaign. Clearly, he is not in Washington all year making things happen, you know..

Ha

Didn't intend to run until 2012. Yeah.. OK...

Maybe in Media speak, but that cat hat his mind made up he was going to run for president since he was 12 evidently, and you know he knew he was running this year if Kerry didn't win that election or else he wouldn't have made the speech.

He hasn't been involved in any major projects on the senate. Hillary has been. He has done a bad job imo by ignoring it to focus on his campaign. Clearly, he is not in Washington all year making things happen, you know..
    Partial, I'll be frank. You're talking out of your ass. I don't claim to be an expert on Obama, but I've followed him a helluva lot more than you have and I know what has been said. Sure, he's a politician, he talks bull on a regular basis. But if you think he expected to become a phenomenon from one speech than you are kidding yourself. That speech catapulted him into the radar of the democratic party and he still didn't start getting all the big attention until the weeks surrounding Iowa!

You're making it out like he had this plan to be president all along. He didn't have Washington behind him until his momentum started building. I recall Eugene Robinson talking about how he went to a dinner in D.C. in early fall of 2007 and everybody was Hillary. When he went to a similar dinner in January of 2008 he said almost 75% of the people had switched to Obama. People have switched to Obama because he's winning, people want to back a winner. The media underestimated Obama and Obama knew he was capable of more than what they were giving him credit for, but if you think when he took the stage in Boston 4 years ago that he expected this to happen than I don't know what to say. Sure, you're in college, you think you know the whole damn world. But, frankly, Partial, you're making statements out of your ass with no facts to back it up. Either show me some facts that say he's been inefficient or pipe down.

? HOFer
    Well, he did tell his kindergarten teacher he intended to be the president someday. You're kidding yourself if a good looking black man who can speak didn't plan on running for president. Stop being an ignorant schmuck buying all the media garbage they will feed you. All the Obama stuff started after he won Illinois. I remember it because I heard it.

Just an observation, but wouldn't ALL the presidential candiates who are senators be focusing on the presidential race more than the Senate right now?
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

? HOFer
    I would like to think not in their term. I think thats disrespectful to their state. Certainly it is negligence.

Well, he did tell his kindergarten teacher he intended to be the president someday. You're kidding yourself if a good looking black man who can speak didn't plan on running for president. Stop being an ignorant schmuck buying all the media garbage they will feed you. All the Obama stuff started after he won Illinois. I remember it because I heard it.
    Oh, yes, Partial, every black guy that can speak well must have aspirations to be president. Hell, Paul Robeson, Andrew Young, Coleman Young, they all must of wanted to be Presidents, right? Because, hell, if you're black and you can talk well I guess that makes you some kind of wunderkind, right?

I'm sure you'd be eating all of the media garbage being fed if you didn't have your head three feet up your ass.

Ask any kindergarten class what they want to be when they grow up. In most every class you'll find a couple ballerinas, some firefighters a few actors and a few presidents. That doesn't mean they all will grow up to be presidents, ballerinas, firefighters and actors.

Hillary is a senator. You think she's putting all her energy into the Senate right now? You think Biden never let his attention sway from the Senate?

? HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy
    Ask any kindergarten class what they want to be when they grow up. In most every class you'll find a couple ballerinas, some firefighters a few actors and a few presidents. That doesn't mean they all will grow up to be presidents, ballerinas, firefighters and actors.

Hillary is a senator. You think she's putting all her energy into the Senate right now? You think Biden never let his attention sway from the Senate?
    I don't think its necessarily right of Hillary either. I realize all these people are neglecting their duty. I think that is something they should serve a few terms and earn first, though.

That's the difference between you and me. At 40, you'll still have to report for to a boss. I won't. At 40, you might hit the board of directors. At 40, I'll be the judge jury and executioner myself. You might bring home 200-300k and work 14 hour days, but I'll do what my dad does and work about 6, with the freedom to come and go according to the needs of my family. You can rip on my all you want, but lets compare lives when we're 40 and see whose better off.
    YYYYEEEEEE-HAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWW!

I'm really starting to think Tank was Partial's second account. Except Tank wasn't as delusional. Strange that Tank reappeared, then disappeared right before Partial's delusions of grandeur blew up into full fledged craziness. It's almost like he killed his sane self, and if Tank was the sane self, this is going to be fun.

Don't worry about the needs of your family Partial. They'll be living as far away from you as possible, but they'll be getting their cut of daddy's money too. Or are you going to force your idiot poser of a girlfriend to sign a pre-nup?
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Bigguns
    Quote Originally Posted by BallHawk
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman
    Can someone please tell me what exactly Barack Obama has done?!?
    I think Obama's followers see him as a talented as a charismatic guy with potential for greatness. I think they are focused more on what he can do in the future than on what he has done in the past. The fact that he doesn't have much experience in Washington isn't a problem for them because they see experienced pols like Clinton and McCain as symptomatic of what is wrong with Washington.
    Yeah, Joe hit the nail on the head. It's not what he has done, it is what he is capable of doing. Or at least what we think he is......

Is that a naive belief? Yes. But, hell, if people were naive enough to vote for Bush in 2004 then I don't see a problem with it. Everyone promises change in their campaigns and then they come to Washington and do shit. Will Obama be the one to kick the habit? I can't say for certain. However, he's got a helluva chance and that's a lot more than I can say for the other candidates out there.
    Sadly this blind hope is sweeping the nation. Personally, I feel sorry for any of the secret service agents that will be asked to protect him.
    Yes, hope is such a damned disgusting thing to have. If he's capable of great things and he's capable of running the country well, who cares how many years he's been doing what? I'm more interested in what he can do in the future than what he has done in the past.
    As i'm sure Partial's future employer's will be thinking after viewing his dizzying academic success at plattville and UWM. Not to mention his record breaking career at sear's.

You better hope they don't look at your past as a prediction of your future.

Cuts both ways, doesn't it P.
    First, i see you don't like to address the point of the post. Pretty much tells me everything i need to know.

Huge assumptions about what i do for a living, income and lifestyle. Not very smart, but, we've come to expect that from you.

As for your career, i hope for the best. But, UNTIL YOU ACTUALLY START ONE IT IS BEST TO KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT.

Based on what you've told us, you are studying comp sci, with designs on masters. At earliest you finish school at 24. Then you want 4 kids.

Since you wanna be master of your life, that means you own your own company. Yep, plenty of one man programming shops. Sigh. And, you wanna work 6 hours a day. LOL

And, you wannna be like your dad? So, you will be living in shitty milwaukee where crime is rampant? Perhaps the reason your dad is living in an unsafe area is that he only works 6 hours a day. But, that would explain your mediocre academic performance...monkey see, monkey do.

God bless you, you have so much to learn. Either that, or you are the worlds greatest troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby
    Yes, hope is such a damned disgusting thing to have. If he's capable of great things and he's capable of running the country well, who cares how many years he's been doing what? I'm more interested in what he can do in the future than what he has done in the past.
    How does he give hope? Hope for what?

For me, that "Yes We Can" song encapsulates everything that is wrong with the Obama movement. It has all the religious overtone, the rightousness, of a very pure cause. But the only cause is to help a very ambitious man to get power.

Obama's speeches really rub me the wrong way. They are all marketting pitches.

I would like to see Obama sit down with a good interviewer for a three hour session. They actually do that with people on CSPAN once a month, on a show called IN-DEPTH. I don't want an interviewer to grill Obama, or try and catch him in contradictions. I want to hear what he wants to do with his presidency. Reading positions off a website is bullshit - they are perfected and embellished like a resume, they just cover all bases.

I have very little idea what Obama is about. I have never heard him speak about what he wants to do - specifically. And by that, I don't mean facts and figures, but rather a layout exactly where he wants to go, his strategies.

People keep repeating that he wants to change the way government works. How? He keeps emphasizing lobbyists, but that is not a big deal. I don't believe he is going to change anything.

People say he is not a traditional politician. BS. He just looks different. He has been working the same supporters as the Clintons.

WHAT DOES HE WANT TO DO IN IRAQ?? The only thing I have heard from him has been vague and kind of silly. I want to hear him speak at length.

So far, to me, Obama is just a smiling face, anice personality, a guy with charisma. I cringe that people are willing to find so much meaningness in blank space.
    Obama is like Dean. He is campaigning on emotion.

We saw how that turned out last time.

Doesn't take much of a pinprick to pop the emotion ballon.

And, you heard it from where? Some other source besides the media you indict BH for using. Yikes.

Obama was clearly not going to run. But, was caught in the perfect storm. He was hot. He had to make a choice, run now or perhaps never again..as you can't guarantee hotness in 16..which might have been his earliest opportunity if HC won the 08 election.

That may be the most pompous post I've ever read. And you accuse Tyrone of thinking he's better than you? Hey pot...

Between this post and the one you aimed at Skin you're making yourself look like quite the ass.
    Did someone mention pot?

Let's all toke up!!!

With posts like his last one...he is pretty much convincing us all THAT TY IS BETTER THAN HIM.

And, that is quite a feat to make a crackhead look superior.

im really drunk, prolly more than ever, and that is a statement, but i am sad cuz i only read like ten posts here and there on this thread and you guys are being mean and i dont like that, so quit it and lets just all get together and kiss each others smooth spots. i love packers fans cuz you guys like my team and i like you man im stupid, by the way, im gonna vote for obama or hillary and i dont know who yet
    "...one thing about me during the course of a game, I get emotional and say things my grandmother lets me know about later. But nobody wants to win on that field anymore than I do, no one." Brett Favre

Quote Originally Posted by 4and12to12and4
    im really drunk, prolly more than ever, and that is a statement, but i am sad cuz i only read like ten posts here and there on this thread and you guys are being mean and i dont like that, so quit it and lets just all get together and kiss each others smooth spots. i love packers fans cuz you guys like my team and i like you man im stupid, by the way, im gonna vote for obama or hillary and i dont know who yet
    A retard could've written a better post, I'm going to bed, hoping I wake up. I love you guys, I hope you at least like me too. BI.
    "...one thing about me during the course of a game, I get emotional and say things my grandmother lets me know about later. But nobody wants to win on that field anymore than I do, no one." Brett Favre

your posts were good. i really doubt a retard could have done better.

Depends on if the retardation is physical or mental.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial