Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Tax Rebate

Tax Rebate

Is it about time? Too little too late? Or will the economy be doing just fine by the time they send the frickin' checks?

I'm all for them. Send me all my tax money back! If I were President I would abolish the current system and privatize everything. I'd have more money to invest and send my kids to private schools.

Of course none of this is realistic, because most people do not know how to manage money. When a presidential candidate ask "Are you better off today than you were 4 years ago?" and actually think the government should make them better off.

I'm no economist, but recessions are a natural part of economic cycles, which in the log run are for the better of the economy.

? HOFer
    I think its a terrible idea to do when our current government is still spending as if money grows on trees. If they wanted to stiumlate the economy, they should have passed out check cards that can only be used at retailers.

I love the poor fucking slobs of this country enjoying a massive government sponsored shopping spree at my expense. It's fucking spectacular!! Hooah capitalism?
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket
    I love the poor fucking slobs of this country enjoying a massive government sponsored shopping spree at my expense. It's fucking spectacular!! Hooah capitalism?
    I thought you were unemployed. That's what Partial hinted to anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell
    Our household income puts us above the proposed limit. Partial has a poor understanding of what employed means, or what a household is for that matter. He also has a poor understanding of a measuring tape.

I like Partials evolution. He went from an unsure kid who tried to avoid looking stupid by socially triangulating to a person recognizes social accpeted behavior and now lives and breaths it to the point of looking down his nose at others.

He's now ready for the real world.

? HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell
    Our household income puts us above the proposed limit. Partial has a poor understanding of what employed means, or what a household is for that matter. He also has a poor understanding of a measuring tape.
    I reiterate that I have no problems with someone staying at home, but I do have a problem with somebody who's live is essentially a vacation to tell everyone else they should work instead of surfing the forums, and blah blah blah.

God help your children if they ever come to exist. Your wife won't need help because she'll be banging the milkman while complaining about what a clueless asshole of a husband she has.

You got any friends with little kids? Offer to take care of them for a week. Just 7 days. Not even two weeks, much less 10, 15, 18 years. Then tell me how splendid a vacation it was.

Now get to work you lazy fuck. You're one of those poor bastards that's going to be spending our money, you might as well try to earn it.

I was listening to Bob Brinker, the "Money Talk" show host on the wireless. He's a very conservative guy who knows everything about finance.

He thought the stimulus plan was exellent. Said it was not a cure-all, but a useful piece of the puzzle. Praised it for getting money in the hands of people who will likely spend. Emphasized its not intended to be fair.

My opinion is that it is a ridiculous idea to borrow money and pump it into the economy, espcially since it really is such a miniscule amount compared to the total economy. But I don't know anything.

Sort of depends on what people do with it. If they spend it, it may have an effect. If they apply it to their Visa bill, not so much.

I got a really good cholesterol reading at my doctor appointment the other day, and don't have to have it checked for another year. So I'm gonna spend mine on double cheeseburgers at Culver's.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby
    My opinion is that it is a ridiculous idea to borrow money and pump it into the economy, espcially since it really is such a miniscule amount compared to the total economy. But I don't know anything.
    It is more about mindset. The extra money helps motivate people toward seeing the economy positively and spending additional money.

The only way to truly help our economic condition is to strengthen the dollar by imposing more protectionist trade laws. Free trade will not help the US. We have the strongest economy in the world...it does not help our citizens to allow other nations free entry into it. Yeah, some things might be cheaper by a few cents here and there...but if the dollar declines in value, our purchasing power is reduced regardless.

Goods imported from other nations should have to pay to get into our system...and all that extra revenue should go straight to the national debt. It is like having the most exclusive club in LA, but not charging a cover cost. Anyone looking to sell a product desperately wants to get into our market...and we should benefit from it, not give it away stupidly. It doesn't have to be punitive. Even placing a tariff of just a couple pennies on every piece of merchandise entering our nation will reap billions in revenue.
    My signature has NUDITY in it...whatcha gonna do?

? HOFer
    God help your children if they ever come to exist. Your wife won't need help because she'll be banging the milkman while complaining about what a clueless asshole of a husband she has.

You got any friends with little kids? Offer to take care of them for a week. Just 7 days. Not even two weeks, much less 10, 15, 18 years. Then tell me how splendid a vacation it was.

Now get to work you lazy fuck. You're one of those poor bastards that's going to be spending our money, you might as well try to earn it.
    Shut up with the spending your money bullshit. Just because your wife works doesn't mean that you live a tough life. That is a load of BS. I work 40 hours a week and go to school full time with a challenging major. Don't give me that crap about how I need to get to work. I am extremely busy. My guess is when you're out playing with your friend nutz on weekends I am at work doing what it takes to get by. I don't have a sugar mama to take care of me.

Give me a break about spending your money. That is ludacris. That money is going to go towards my tuition, not towards some toy that I can play with on my days off.

Quote Originally Posted by Partial
    That money is going to go towards my tuition, not towards some toy that I can play with on my days off.
    You mean like the $300 you just dropped on that dumb little computer you were trying to hawk on here last week?

Partial, you must be the first person who's ever had to have a job and go to college at the same time. You are unique and no one has ever lived as difficult and challenging a life as you have. My cock salutes you.

Now get back to work you lazy bastard. And don't waste all my money in one place unless it's the strip club.

? HOFer
    Again, you don't have any real answers, just your tough guy act.

I guess getting a 300 dollar computer is totally unreasonable. I remember you posting about your 800 dollar computer recently. And you don't even have a job. It takes a lot of audacity to criticize others who easily put in 70 hour weeks, when you put in 0 hours.

You should say I am sick of people getting handouts while my wife pays high taxes. I think its BS too. But to act like you pay for anything is idiotic. You are a babysitter. You could be replaced by a 14 year old girl.

I guess getting a 300 dollar computer is totally unreasonable. I remember you posting about your 800 dollar computer recently. And you don't even have a job. It takes a lot of audacity to criticize others who easily put in 70 hour weeks, when you put in 0 hours.

You should say I am sick of people getting handouts while my wife pays high taxes. I think its BS too. But to act like you pay for anything is idiotic. You are a babysitter. You could be replaced by a 14 year old girl.

Your parents must have really been terrible. The only "tough guy act" I see here is your ridiculous assertion that you're a more important person because you have an internship and I raise my kids.

And the computer cost a grand, not 800.

Now get back to work. You're very busy after all.

? HOFer
    Your parents must have really been terrible. The only "tough guy act" I see here is your ridiculous assertion that you're a more important person because you have an internship and I raise my kids.
    My mom stayed home when we were little. The difference is when posted on online forums she respected the people that do work and adjusted accordingly. She didn't expect everyone else to sacrifice so she could do whatever she wanted. That is the point I have been making all along.

No one is saying they're more important than anyone. If anything, your statement telling everyone to suck it up and deal so you can do what you want makes it seem like you think you're more important than everyone.

My mom stayed home when we were little. The difference is when posted on online forums she respected the people that do work and adjusted accordingly. She didn't expect everyone else to sacrifice so she could do whatever she wanted. That is the point I have been making all along.
    You've been trying to make the point that your mom respected people posting on forums while at work circa 1986? Sorry, that one was lost on me.

No one is saying they're more important than anyone. If anything, your statement telling everyone to suck it up and deal so you can do what you want makes it seem like you think you're more important than everyone.
    I didn't tell you to suck it up. I told you to get your lazy ass back to work instead of telling me how busy you are at your very important job - sorry, internship. You seem to be confused about where and when you are. You must be fatigued from post... I mean working so hard.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    That money is going to go towards my tuition, not towards some toy that I can play with on my days off.
    You mean like the $300 you just dropped on that dumb little computer you were trying to hawk on here last week?

Partial, you must be the first person who's ever had to have a job and go to college at the same time. You are unique and no one has ever lived as difficult and challenging a life as you have. My cock salutes you.

Now get back to work you lazy bastard. And don't waste all my money in one place unless it's the strip club.
    And remember he has to deal with being white as well.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar

Guess what, that 14 year old girl cost 7 dollars an hour. No shit that is what I pay the 14 year old babysitter. 7 dollars an hour cash money. Thats like a 12 dollar an hour job in taxation America. If I took my kids to a suitable daycare I could look at spending close to 1800 dollars a month just on child care. I am a teacher by trade, you do the fucking math.