Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: Tax Rebate

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby
    I worked my way through college. Getting my dad to mail a check was HARD WORK. He liked to keep me guessing, doled things out on his own schedule, he's that type. I did work some, and had some scholarships.

BTW, if you are someone who paid your way through college more than 15 years ago, your experience really doesn't compare to the costs of today, both tuition and living expenses.

WHAT!!!

These young kids make $8 to $10 or more an hour for their part time, work study jobs. I made $2.90.....

Tuition was JUST AS PAINFUL for us as it was for them.

I paid for ALL my schooling, and my BA was paid when I graduated. I worked all the way through....

ya, ya, ya, Retail, and you walked 6 miles to campus every day, uphill both ways.

ya, ya, ya, Retail, and you walked 6 miles to campus every day, uphill both ways.

How'd you know? :P .... Truthfully, I lived for two years in OGG hall, then lived on Spring St up by Camp Randall for 2 more years.

I remember distinctly the "fork" protest when I lived in the dorms. They replaced all the existing forks with forks that had 3 prongs. We called 'em "THREEKS"....

Ah, yes, to be young and militant with nothing to do.... Gosh, I miss it.

I too lived in Ogg Hall for one year. What a zoo. I think I put on about 30 pounds eating late night bagels & cream cheese at Gordo's.

I too lived in Ogg Hall for one year. What a zoo. I think I put on about 30 pounds eating late night bagels & cream cheese at Gordo's.
    I'd forgot about Gordo's!... Yum.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by packinpatland
    Good one. In our day, it was Bosch (sp?)beer. It was like two bucks a sixpack. That and good old 'Annie Green Springs' wine....99cents a bottle.
    Back in the day it was a combination of King Cobra malt liquor forties, or Bush Light.

I spent time in Ogg Hall too, though I didn't go to school there. Freinds did.

I think I puked in nearly every stall there.

Thought you'd find this interesting Partial.

http://www.forbes.com/realestate/200...hisSpeed=15000

I'm not going to bother reading some of the proposed legislation but I've been hearing that the rebate is just an advance of your refund...if your going to get one I that is.
    Anyone else hear something like this?
    C.H.U.D.

Don't expect to get your check until summer, by then the economy will be doing just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out
    I'm not going to bother reading some of the proposed legislation but I've been hearing that the rebate is just an advance of your refund...if your going to get one I that is.
    Anyone else hear something like this?
    I haven't heard anything like that. This article explains it pretty well.http://money.cnn.com/2008/02/08/pf/t...ion=2008020817

Bush has said he will sign the legislation, and checks are supposed to start going out in early May.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen