Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Tax Rebate

? HOFer
    You too are dense. Who cares what you do? I couldn't care less what you have to do. Its the self-important attitude of "if you're at work get to work" or "if you're at work you're taking a risk". If Skin didn't post inappropriate pictures on pages, then I wouldn't have to take the risk.

That is the entire point.

I think you're still confused as to where you are. Or it could just be that you're trying to bail yourself out of looking like a complete self-important numbnuts by trying to make this about other threads instead of you thinking parents have no value when compared to your important internship.

BTW, when you call someone dense, you might want to spell "two" correctly.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket
    God help your children if they ever come to exist. Your wife won't need help because she'll be banging the milkman while complaining about what a clueless asshole of a husband she has.

You got any friends with little kids? Offer to take care of them for a week. Just 7 days. Not even two weeks, much less 10, 15, 18 years. Then tell me how splendid a vacation it was.

Now get to work you lazy fuck. You're one of those poor bastards that's going to be spending our money, you might as well try to earn it.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell
    I like Partials evolution. He went from an unsure kid who tried to avoid looking stupid by socially triangulating to a person recognizes social accpeted behavior and now lives and breaths it to the point of looking down his nose at others.

He's now ready for the real world.
    Haha, that a damn good post.

? HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker
    I like Partials evolution. He went from an unsure kid who tried to avoid looking stupid by socially triangulating to a person recognizes social accpeted behavior and now lives and breaths it to the point of looking down his nose at others.

A false one at that

Quote Originally Posted by Partial
    Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker

A false one at that
    True enough, not ready for the real world. (dog pile on D!)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

? HOFer
    That is probably a very true statement!!

You are a babysitter. You could be replaced by a 14 year old girl.
    That is SO wrong!! Nobody can take the place of a parent caring for their children...nobody!! And NO they can't be replaced by a 14 year old...or a 16 year old or an adult at daycare. I think it's great if a parent can stay home with the kids before they get in school. I'm not going to go into the perspective of a single mom who works over 40 hours a week....but I will say for years I have worked weekends (and yes, I'm lucky I can make my schedule) in order to be off work at the time my kids get off school in the early afternoon...to avoid daycare.

I forgot this stuff was in the tax rebate thread....lol

The economy will not be seeing my money. It will go toward my daughter's braces.

? HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007
    You are a babysitter. You could be replaced by a 14 year old girl.
    That is SO wrong!! Nobody can take the place of a parent caring for their children...nobody!! And NO they can't be replaced by a 14 year old...or a 16 year old or an adult at daycare. I think it's great if a parent can stay home with the kids before they get in school. I'm not going to go into the perspective of a single mom who works over 40 hours a week....but I will say for years I have worked weekends (and yes, I'm lucky I can make my schedule) in order to be off work at the time my kids get off school in the early afternoon...to avoid daycare.
    I agree. But when you're at home with your kids, you're not posting inappropriate pictures and telling those at work tough luck that they might see them.

The economy will not be seeing my money. It will go toward my daughter's braces.
    You say it's going for braces, but the economy just might be seeing your money two-fold or more: first the ortho gets it, then s/he pays taxes, then s/he pays the mortgage, the insurance, and the staff, then they pay their taxes, then they buy frozen dinners (their spouses don't stay home to cook), and so on. Its tentacles are everywhere.

I agree.
    Yeah. You're comments in this thread clearly demonstrate that.

But when you're at home with your kids, you're not posting inappropriate pictures and telling those at work tough luck that they might see them.
    This thread has nothing to do with posting pictures dill hole. Stop trying to jump off your sunken ship.

And hey, get back to work you lazy fuck. I don't want my 300 bucks going towards ramen because you got your ass fired for jerking off on an on-line forum all day.

? HOFer
    My job involves a very unsteady workflow. I didn't have a lot to do today. I was done with my daily tasks within two hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz
    If I took my kids to a suitable daycare I could look at spending close to 1800 dollars a month just on child care. I am a teacher by trade, you do the fucking math.
    My math says 1800 a month for more than one kid fulltime is still getting off light. Seems every DC in my neighborhood will hang you up for at least that, if not approaching double for some really nice locales a few miles west of me. Hey, at least there you'll be the coolest 2-4 year old on your block.

Daycare is just that romperroom shit you pay for that prepares you better to handle K-12 private school and continued finanacial fleecing, right before you invest the rest of it in that lakehouse you always wanted..I mean college tuition for you kids.

(In a parental, scolding tone) Button up Partial, that drunken wild sex romp you call higher learning is no cheap handout. You must apply yourself to more than just a good woman and a longneck or you could end up flipping Skinbasket's burger one day. Remember what Judge Smails said, 'the world needs ditch diggers too.'

I was done with my daily tasks within two hours.
    Must be nice. Almost like being on vacation.

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket
    I was done with my daily tasks within two hours.
    Must be nice. Almost like being on vacation.
    Back when I did my internship, it seemed tough...worked 8:00-5:00 (for free...that was before they ever paid for interns) and then worked a night job to live on. Looking back it wasn't so bad....no pressure/job stress....heck you can't get fired.

I've done both. Did the (yes, unpaid) internship with the various jobs to pay the bills while I was in college, and then after years of working, quit to stay home. My ex traveled and I had permanent 24/7 kid duty. Partial, comparatively you have it easy. Just about the time you start to figure the little buggers out, they learn to walk and you have to have eyes in the back of your head. And did I mention the 24/7 part? It was almost 4 years before I got a break, and just about the time he was getting to be truly fun to hang out with (not that I didn't love being with him before, but this is different), he went to school.

Skin keep your work contacts up because there will come a time when even if you don't have to, you're gonna want to go back to work just for your sanity (you might even be there already) and once the working world decides that your past work experiences are too long ago, getting a job becomes a real bitch.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy
    Skin keep your work contacts up because there will come a time when even if you don't have to, you're gonna want to go back to work just for your sanity (you might even be there already) and once the working world decides that your past work experiences are too long ago, getting a job becomes a real bitch.
    I worked the same place for 6 years during college then while the wife went to law school, so I only have one contact. And I doubt I'm going back to Madison just to work. I'm thinking more like one of those luggage handlers at the airport. Something I can throw my back out on and collect workers comp. Maybe get on Social Security early and take some of Partial's money to even the score.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier

You say it's going for braces, but the economy just might be seeing your money two-fold or more: first the ortho gets it, then s/he pays taxes, then s/he pays the mortgage, the insurance, and the staff, then they pay their taxes, then they buy frozen dinners (their spouses don't stay home to cook), and so on. Its tentacles are everywhere.
    There's no end to the multiplier effect. Someday, perhaps someday soon, that flashy new smile is going to lead to some courting. Think of the flower shops, fancy new shoes, bar tabs.

Redneck Rat HOFer Little Whiskey's Avatar
    the problem with the "refund" is that most of the people are going to spend the money to pay down debt. Thats what i'm doing with it.

I don't mind the Gov't giving me back some of the money i paid in. what pisses me off is the fact that they are giving it "back" to some who haven't payed anything into it. kinda like going to the store asking for a refund for shit you didn't buy and you don't have merchandise to return to the store. your just in line cause a line was forming. Bullshit!