View Poll Results: Did your property taxes go up or down this year?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Up

16 94.12%
  • Down

1 5.88%

Thread: Property Taxes

Property Taxes

Did they go up or down this year?

Mine went up everywhere.

In Anchorage they are taking another $1200 out of my pocket...and of course I still can't get my street plowed.

In Seattle it went up about $800 bucks...but I'll raise the rent just a bit to make up for it.

In Homer it went up about $270 for some undeveloped land.

Damn crooks.
    C.H.U.D.

Do property taxes ever go down?
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

I didn't get hit as hard as some friends did. Anything on the water around here is getting ridiculous. It's hard on folks that have lived in these houses for generations and are having to 'borrow' money just to pay the taxes. One friend, who is quite elderly, is the 5th in his family to live in his house....built in 1797, may have to sell. It's a two bedroom cape, very tiny, on less than 1/4 acre..........his taxes are just under $20,000!!!
    I don't know how to fix it, but this just isn't right.

Quote Originally Posted by packinpatland
    I didn't get hit as hard as some friends did. Anything on the water around here is getting ridiculous. It's hard on folks that have lived in these houses for generations and are having to 'borrow' money just to pay the taxes. One friend, who is quite elderly, is the 5th in his family to live in his house....built in 1797, may have to sell. It's a two bedroom cape, very tiny, on less than 1/4 acre..........his taxes are just under $20,000!!!
    I don't know how to fix it, but this just isn't right.
    I said it before....damn crooks! That is just ludicrous....are property taxes the only form of revenue in the area? Here we have no sales tax so It's all on the property owner....taxes are low compared to other parts of the country though.
    C.H.U.D.

Mine went down by $10.00. That's why we moved to the conservative bastion that we did. When we lived in the liberal bastion, our already absurd prop taxes (7k on a 275k house) went up 10% a year two years in a row. I would rather be paying my mortgage than my local government for shitty roads and average schools.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

No tax ever goes down.

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers
    No tax ever goes down.
    Skin ^ just said his did.

Quote Originally Posted by packinpatland
    No tax ever goes down.
    Skin ^ just said his did.
    He lives in a conservative community.

No tax ever goes down.

......except if Nutz's Dad remodels your bathroom.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    lol my property value went down 100k and my taxes went up another 1100! WTF! I HATE INEFICIENT SCHOOLS!!!!! damn levies!
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Anyone living in WI knows all too well about property taxes and them never going down.
    Pass Jessica's Law and keep the predators behind bars for 25 years minimum. Vote out liberal, SP judges. Enforce all immigrant laws!