View Poll Results: Do you support a smoking ban?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

18 64.29%
  • hell no, smoke um if you got um

10 35.71%
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: smoke gets in your eyes

smoke gets in your eyes

The Wisconsin Legislature might actually vote on a statewide ban on smoking in all work places, including restaurants and taverns, in the next couple weeks. (Illinois & Minnesota have passed bans.)

No. I support bans in publicly owned places (government buildings), and in hospitals. Otherwise, I think it should be an owner decision.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

If there is a market for smoke free bars and taverns they will exist. Bar owners want to make money - not promote smoking.

Fuck Doyle. He likes to pretend this is California so he can feel more important than he is.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Why should people have to breath your bitch ass smoke? Would you piece of shit smokers like it if someone was blowing weed or meth all around you? Yeah, I know, cry like a bitch that cigs aint illegal but when you break it down it aint much different. You really think restaurant owners arent going to change their policy? They will just make your ass go outside or to a special area just like the stinkin chimneys that you are.

Shouldn't even need a law. People should just show some damn courtesy.

At the PR game weekend, I was surprised at the number of places we went into that allowed smoking.

Here in CT... no smoking anywhere public. I think that just within the past year(s) they passed the same law for NYC............with little or no impact.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker
    Why should people have to breath your bitch ass smoke? Would you piece of shit smokers like it if someone was blowing weed or meth all around you? Yeah, I know, cry like a bitch that cigs aint illegal but when you break it down it aint much different. You really think restaurant owners arent going to change their policy? They will just make your ass go outside or to a special area just like the stinkin chimneys that you are.

You don't like it, then stay the fuck out the bar. Go to Applebee's.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

I don't smoke, but we're talking about private bars and restaurants. You don't have to go there. If the smoke bothers you, go elsewhere. Too much fucking "big brother" government for me.

Why should people have to breath your bitch ass smoke? ..... Shouldn't even need a law. People should just show some damn courtesy.
    I can't believe I totally agree with the mad man on this one.

The idea that you can go out in public and start a fire that wafts smoke in everybody's face is just ridiculous. The only reason we accept it is because it is (was) traditional, we thought of it as normal out of habit.

Twenty years from now, people will look back on the practice of smoking in restaurants & shake their heads in amazement.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket
    You don't like it, then stay the fuck out the bar. Go to Applebee's.
    You stupid ashmuncher, you dont get it. When this happens and it will, it will be just like in Cali and probably every other staste that has done this where owners of bars have to be forcing people to go outside. There is no way anyone is going to want to lose business because of someone wanting to smoke.

In fact am gonna laugh at your ass when it happens.

Deal with it hoe.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers
    I don't smoke, but we're talking about private bars and restaurants. You don't have to go there. If the smoke bothers you, go elsewhere. Too much fucking "big brother" government for me.
    Maybe you are right but you arent as pissed about this because you chew that crap which makes you even lower.

? HOFer
    As much as I hate people smoking, I do think it is pushing the limit of what governments role should be.

Quote Originally Posted by packinpatland
    At the PR game weekend, I was surprised at the number of places we went into that allowed smoking.

Here in CT... no smoking anywhere public. I think that just within the past year(s) they passed the same law for NYC............with little or no impact.
    Wisconsin people are the oddest folk in the country. They are generally progressive, electing a Jewish lefty maverick like Fiengold to the Senate. But they also have this cranky conservative streak: Voting 60% to keep homos from getting married or civil unioned; and they'll be damned if the government is going to take away their cigs.

Blog Entries
    I just wanna say that I dont think the government should force owners to do this but it should just be common sense.

If you are gonna smoke in a resturant then why not while youre pushing you shopping cart through the aisle at ToysRus? Dont forget when you are in an elevator or a waiting room at the doctors office too.

Or is their something different about those places?

Quote Originally Posted by Partial
    As much as I hate people smoking, I do think it is pushing the limit of what governments role should be.
    The government is doing it because second-hand smoke has been proven to cause cancer. That makes it a public health hazard to the employees and regular patrons of the establishments as well as to anyone who tries to go out and eat on a regular basis.

When we were in GB, the waitress was 20, pregnant and working in bar full of smoking people. Was she supposed to quit? Then what? Depend on the government to support her kid?
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by Partial
    So maybe you think that anyone over the age of 21 shouldn't have to wear a seatbelt..........after all, they're only going to kill themselves should they get in an accident, right?

packinpatland, no need to shout. Partial is of a tender, vulernable age, and besides, its unsophisticated.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby
    packinpatland, no need to shout. Partial is of a tender, vulernable age, and besides, its unsophisticated.
    I tried to get the *%$# it to get back to normal font size and it wouldn't do it................sorry, didn't mean to raise my voice.
    Got your attention tho, didn't I?

I tried to get the *%$# it to get back to normal font size and it wouldn't do it................sorry, didn't mean to raise my voice.
    You have to put the [/b] inside the [/quote]. Each tag you use has to be closed before you close the one before it.

As in [ quote][ b] [ i]then the [/i] comes before the [/b] which comes before [/quote].

Does that make sense?
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy
    You have to put the [/b] inside the
    . Each tag you use has to be closed before you close the one before it.

As in [ quote][ b] [ i]then the [/i] comes before the [/b] which comes before [/quote].

Does that make sense?[/quote]

No........but I'll keep trying!

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy
    The government is doing it because second-hand smoke has been proven to cause cancer. That makes it a public health hazard to the employees and regular patrons of the establishments as well as to anyone who tries to go out and eat on a regular basis.
    Then make it illegal and quit bitching about it. If it's legal, the government should stay out of it.