Quote Originally Posted by BallHawk
Quote Originally Posted by Partial
Our two party system sucks. I'm not a big Romney supporter since I don't agree with the way he views some social situatinos, but the cat has had success whereever he is gone. He and Richardson were the only two serious candidates with any experience in a leadership role. Governors come in with more experience typically than Senators.
Sure, they come in with more experience, but that doesn't make them better suited for the job. GW Bush came in as a governor and that turned out great didn't it? On the other hand, JFK was a Senator.

What the person has done in the past matters little, nowadays. It's what they can do and what they will do.
Anyone can say they will do something. Hell, I declare right now that I will change this country. See? It's that simple. The question is will he actually do anything?

The scary thing is he probably will. Universal health care, aka make anyone who makes 50k or more pay for it twice, will probably get implemented. Businesses will continue to be taxed to hell and jobs will continue to move to developing countries.

On the plus side, the budget will probably get balanced. But, it will be at the expense of extreme taxation.