View Poll Results: Who are you supporting in Wisconsin Primary?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Voting for Clinton

7 15.22%
  • Leaning to Clinton

0 0%
  • Voting For Obama

13 28.26%
  • Leaning to Obama

3 6.52%
  • Voting for McCain

12 26.09%
  • Leaning to McCain

1 2.17%
  • Voting for Huckabee

2 4.35%
  • Leaning to Huckabee

2 4.35%
  • Voting for Paul

3 6.52%
  • Leaning to Paul

1 2.17%
  • Other

2 4.35%
Page 1 of 38 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Wisconsin Primary

Wisconsin Primary

Will be held February 19. Who is your choice?
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Of course out of state people can play in your game, right mailman? they are people too.

I don't know, there Harlan, I don't get to vote in my own state's primary so I may be less people than you think.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

well, you need people, so you're one of the luckiest people

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby
    Of course out of state people can play in your game, right mailman? they are people too.
    I figure all Packer fans are Wisconsin people at heart.

I wrote in Nader.
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy
    I don't know, there Harlan, I don't get to vote in my own state's primary so I may be less people than you think.
    I feel your pain, MJZiggy. Here in Oregon, only registered Democrats and Republicans are allowed to vote. If you are a registered Independent or Libertarian, you are left out in the cold.

Again I ask: Where in the U.S. Constitution does it say the country should be limited to two political parties?

I find something a bit depressing about the race this year. IT really has turned into a census, at least on the Democratic side.

African Americans - Obama, Hispanics - Hillary
    Women - Hillary, Men - Obama
    Young - Obama, Old - Hillary
    Working People - Hillary, > 50K income - Obama

It's sad, there's no focus on where the candidates want to take the country. There is no need to vote any more, you can tell how every state is going to fall based on their demographics.

Which brings me to this poll: this is the home of young men and relatively high-earning men. Its Obama-McCain country.

Quote Originally Posted by oregonpackfan
    If you are a registered Independent or Libertarian, you are left out in the cold.

Again I ask: Where in the U.S. Constitution does it say the country should be limited to two political parties?
    If you are a Libertarian, they have party conferences.

I agree that the two party reality is bad news. I just don't know how you change it when the two parties control the election laws.

But I have met very few independents who don't lean towards one party or the other. NOBODY fits completely into either box. There are pro-life people in the Democratic Party who have to deal with it, anti-war Republicans.

The Dems & Republicans have very different philosophies, even if they are sometimes similar in action. If you are truly in the middle, you're screwed. But I think most Independents just enjoy floating above the fray, not having to deal with the unpleasantness of being against their chosen party on some issues.

Come on ORegon, I bet you know whether you are more a Dem or Rep.

I just read a farewell to Mitt column that had this entertaining tidbit:

Worst of all, I’m going to have to get through the rest of the year without ever again referring to the fact that Romney once drove to Canada with the family dog, Seamus, strapped to the roof of the car.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/09/op...ollins.html?hp

I find something a bit depressing about the race this year. IT really has turned into a census, at least on the Democratic side.

African Americans - Obama, Hispanics - Hillary
    Women - Hillary, Men - Obama
    Young - Obama, Old - Hillary
    Working People - Hillary, > 50K income - Obama

It's sad, there's no focus on where the candidates want to take the country. There is no need to vote any more, you can tell how every state is going to fall based on their demographics.

Which brings me to this poll: this is the home of young men and relatively high-earning men. Its Obama-McCain country.
    I think this is because there are no major policy differences between Clinton and Obama. They both want to get out Of Iraq, provide universal health coverage, roll back part of the Bush tax cuts etc. The general election should be much different as you will have McCain equating getting out Iraq with surrendering to Al-Qaeda. Clinton or Obama will call it a strategic move needed because of threats elsewhere.

I have a ? - Since I'm out of state, how do I do an absentee ballot? Is that something that I have to take care of back home? I'm in BFE, Minnesota for a month for work.

I feel your pain, MJZiggy. Here in Oregon, only registered Democrats and Republicans are allowed to vote. If you are a registered Independent or Libertarian, you are left out in the cold.

Same here in CT. And I think it stinks.

? HOFer
    Then you guys should make sure to vote for a constitutionalist come the actual electrion. Ron Paul is the right man for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Partial
    Then you guys should make sure to vote for a constitutionalist come the actual electrion. Ron Paul is the right man for you.
    That may not be an option.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23087158/

Quote Originally Posted by packinpatland

You are all weenies. Oregon - weenie. Ziggy - Weenie. Patland - weenie. weenie, weenie, weenie.

Just register with the Democrats or Republicans. You will have some views that fall within the other party, so does nearly everybody. I know you think you are being SOPHISTICATED and FREE THINKING with your independent status, but most likely you are kidding yourself. Very few people truly have no stronger affinity for one party or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman
    I think this is because there are no major policy differences between Clinton and Obama.
    ya, this is probably true.

Quote Originally Posted by GBRulz
    I have a ? - Since I'm out of state, how do I do an absentee ballot? Is that something that I have to take care of back home? I'm in BFE, Minnesota for a month for work.
    I'll be happy to send you one in time to vote. BTW, what do you think of that Obama fellow?

Quote Originally Posted by packinpatland

You are all weenies. Oregon - weenie. Ziggy - Weenie. Patland - weenie. weenie, weenie, weenie.

Just register with the Democrats or Republicans. You will have some views that fall within the other party, so does nearly everybody. I know you think you are being SOPHISTICATED and FREE THINKING with your independent status, but most likely you are kidding yourself. Very few people truly have no stronger affinity for one party or the other.
    Yeah, but since I'm not registered, I don't get political advertisements and backbiting hate mail...The only place I see political hatred is here.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

"Very few people truly have no stronger affinity for one party or the other."

I have no affinity for one party or the other.