View Poll Results: Who are you supporting in Wisconsin Primary?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Voting for Clinton

7 15.22%
  • Leaning to Clinton

0 0%
  • Voting For Obama

13 28.26%
  • Leaning to Obama

3 6.52%
  • Voting for McCain

12 26.09%
  • Leaning to McCain

1 2.17%
  • Voting for Huckabee

2 4.35%
  • Leaning to Huckabee

2 4.35%
  • Voting for Paul

3 6.52%
  • Leaning to Paul

1 2.17%
  • Other

2 4.35%
Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Wisconsin Primary

? HOFer
    History has shown time and time again that having a strong economy and having businesses thrive is necessary for a high quality of life for the majority of citizens. High quality of life is not necessarily achieved when a strong economy exists (industrial revolution), but it has shown that the only time it is possible is when business is strong.

With that in mind, how can anyone support a regime that has historically placed tariffs and high, unnecessary "innovation" taxes on companies, and penalizes those who provide jobs?!?

Miller indirectly came out and said they're going to leave Milwaukee for a place with lower taxes and lower cost of living than Milwaukee. Look for them to end up in taxes where they can trim 6% off their operating cost due to no state income tax, as well as being able to pay their employees 20% less to compensate for the lower cost of living.

Where is the line drawn?!? What happens when all the big employers say screw Milwaukee or Chicago and their high taxes and high cost of live and move to where they can operate for significantly less?

With all the "innovation" tax floating around these days, what would happen if the 50 biggest corporations decided they are going to shut down business, and they are going to take their money and go home because it isn't worth it to pay 40-50% of their income to the government. These people work their tales off and give the greatest thing back to society of all: Jobs! What would happen if they just closed up shop and said screw the millions of people who would immediately be unemployed. Would people vote for the democrats and their big government then?!?

Obama and Hillary Clinton are two of the biggest tools around. Obama should know better than to pump more money into the ghettos being a former social worker. He knows first hand where that money goes. They're both going to raise taxes to the point that the 50k a year worker ends up paying for health care twice to support those who don't want to work hard. I for one have no desire to ever see my income taxed 40-50%, especially when I will not see any additional benefits out of it.

A fact that says it all about Obama is that 85% of people who do not have a high school diploma voted for him. All these uneducated people think the Dems are the next coming of christ because they make all these grand promises to improve their life on average Joe's dollar.

I am not convinced that all these democratic supporters are intelligent enough to know how an economy works or have ever taken an economics class. Clearly they are more concerned with social issues than with the big picture. Personally, I don't think gay rights or the right to get an abortion are going to mean a whole lot when there aren't any jobs available and the standard of living has gone down the toilet.

Make the right choice on Tuesday and vote for minimal government, minimum taxation, and minimum spending.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out
    ...and here I was thinking Powell might team with McCain.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/news...powells_c.html
    It's begun. I'm telling you, the black people will be slitting our throats while we sleep if we let them get a toehold. First Obama gets in, then all the rest of them will be taking over. Fight back, Caucasion Warriors!

Quote Originally Posted by Partial
    History has shown time and time again that having a strong economy and having businesses thrive is necessary for a high quality of life for the majority of citizens. High quality of life is not necessarily achieved when a strong economy exists (industrial revolution), but it has shown that the only time it is possible is when business is strong.

With that in mind, how can anyone support a regime that has historically placed tariffs and high, unnecessary "innovation" taxes on companies, and penalizes those who provide jobs?!?

Miller indirectly came out and said they're going to leave Milwaukee for a place with lower taxes and lower cost of living than Milwaukee. Look for them to end up in taxes where they can trim 6% off their operating cost due to no state income tax, as well as being able to pay their employees 20% less to compensate for the lower cost of living.

Where is the line drawn?!? What happens when all the big employers say screw Milwaukee or Chicago and their high taxes and high cost of live and move to where they can operate for significantly less?

With all the "innovation" tax floating around these days, what would happen if the 50 biggest corporations decided they are going to shut down business, and they are going to take their money and go home because it isn't worth it to pay 40-50% of their income to the government. These people work their tales off and give the greatest thing back to society of all: Jobs! What would happen if they just closed up shop and said screw the millions of people who would immediately be unemployed. Would people vote for the democrats and their big government then?!?

Obama and Hillary Clinton are two of the biggest tools around. Obama should know better than to pump more money into the ghettos being a former social worker. He knows first hand where that money goes. They're both going to raise taxes to the point that the 50k a year worker ends up paying for health care twice to support those who don't want to work hard. I for one have no desire to ever see my income taxed 40-50%, especially when I will not see any additional benefits out of it.

A fact that says it all about Obama is that 85% of people who do not have a high school diploma voted for him. All these uneducated people think the Dems are the next coming of christ because they make all these grand promises to improve their life on average Joe's dollar.

I am not convinced that all these democratic supporters are intelligent enough to know how an economy works or have ever taken an economics class. Clearly they are more concerned with social issues than with the big picture. Personally, I don't think gay rights or the right to get an abortion are going to mean a whole lot when there aren't any jobs available and the standard of living has gone down the toilet.

Make the right choice on Tuesday and vote for minimal government, minimum taxation, and minimum spending.
    I'm going to use my mighty liberal intellect to tell you to....go fuck yourself.
    C.H.U.D.

Obama should know better than to pump more money into the ghettos being a former social worker.
    That's what I'm talking about! The negroes are coming! The negroes are coming!

? HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out

I'm going to use my mighty liberal intellect to tell you to....go fuck yourself.
    Really good logic there... Typical liberal. You cower away with a mean spirited statement instead of addressing the issue head on.

I am not convinced that all these democratic supporters are intelligent enough to know how an economy works or have ever taken an economics class.
    This is not mean spirited?
    C.H.U.D.

And when you say Miller you must be talking about http://www.sabmiller.com/sabmiller.c...nt+venture.htm

It's to bad the high taxes and the high cost of living are forcing them out of business.
    C.H.U.D.

? HOFer
    Right, they are choosing a neutral third party site. They won't outright say it, but it is to the high cost of living and the high taxes in both states.

I have to say that fiscal responsibility isn't something the Republicans should be toting right now. Labeling Democrats and as the ony party that expands government and government spending is ignoring the last 8 years of federal spending.

We all know that left leaning liberal types have Wisconsin and Colorado
    by the short hairs.

I would move it all to Ft Worth where Miller has a almost modern
    brewery.

Texas has no income tax; but a heavy sales tax.

Sooner;

Where can I get some good cheap Linnie's?

? HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by pacfan
    I have to say that fiscal responsibility isn't something the Republicans should be toting right now. Labeling Democrats and as the ony party that expands government and government spending is ignoring the last 8 years of federal spending.
    Agreed. The republicans of today are not as conservative as I'd like.

The post below the quoted one is dead on. They'll move to Texas. Business' are exempt from sales tax for business related expenses.

Cost of living is exponentially cheaper. My house is worth only slight less than a good friend of mine's from Austin that is a mansion with several pools, 2 waterfalls, and a brand new gorgeous all brick palace.

Delivered lots of Hillary mail on my route today.
    Should I vote for her because she's helping my job security?
    Also got phone messages from McCain and from Tommy Thompson
    on behalf of McCain.
    My union has invited me to a Hillary event in Wausau tomorrow.
    I might go just to see what it's like.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Obama just announced a stop at Kaukauna High School Sunday. It's about 4 miles from my place and might just make it out there.

McCain and Huckabee are going to be in Appleton Monday. Hoping to see one of them too if possible.

Though I am not a Democrat, this election is theirs to lose. With the lack of a real dynamic candidate that be substantive AND catch people's attention I don't see them winning more than a dozen states in November.

if you go to JSOnline they have a series of videos that Obama and Huckabee had with the Journal editorial board. Most enlightening, I must say.
    -digital dean

No "TROLLS" allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman
    good man, you're doing the lord's work.

Listening to Hillary's speech in Milwaukee right now on CSPAN, Obama up next.

Tomorrow is supposed to be Clinton's big Wisconsin campaign day before she leaves Monday morning. Speaking in Madison, Lacrosse, etc.
    RIGHT. Like she's gonna be zooming around the state in the middle of a blizzard. Those dopes, puttting all their eggs in a one-day basket.

I don't know why the hell the Clinton campaign has not put in a better effort. Obama is ahead 4 points in the polls lately, that's not much.

Should I vote for her because she's helping my job security?
    Also got phone messages from McCain and from Tommy Thompson
    on behalf of McCain.
    My union has invited me to a Hillary event in Wausau tomorrow.
    I might go just to see what it's like.
    Nah, do what teenagers have been doing with circulars for generations and dump the Hillary mail in the storm sewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby

Listening to Hillary's speech in Milwaukee right now on CSPAN, Obama up next.

Tomorrow is supposed to be Clinton's big Wisconsin campaign day before she leaves Monday morning. Speaking in Madison, Lacrosse, etc.
    RIGHT. Like she's gonna be zooming around the state in the middle of a blizzard. Those dopes, puttting all their eggs in a one-day basket.

I don't know why the hell the Clinton campaign has not put in a better effort. Obama is ahead 4 points in the polls lately, that's not much.
    She'll be appearing about a mile from my house tomorrow. If the forecast is right, she might have to scrap the plane for a snowmobile. I agree she made a mistake in not spending more time in Wisconsin. She needs to stop Obama's momentum. I thought she gave a good speech tonight. Not a rousing speech, but darned effective. I heard a lot of positions staked out in that speech that would be effective in a debate with McCain. Obama's speech was well delivered, but I thought it was more of the same.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby

Just like Judas.

Watched some Sunday morning talking heads. I don't think the Democrats are in danger of being split over the rules fights, it's already happened.

Governor Doyle says that it will be disaster if the super delegates don't follow pledge delegates, compares to Chicago '68 convention. Ex-Governor Wilder threatens rioting in the streets by blacks if super delegates don't follow pledges. Republican pundit Kate O'Beirne says that the result will be tainted if Obama has even one more pledge delegate, and the supers go other way.

I can't support Obama. The efforts by Obama and his supporters to intimidate the Super Delegates have already invalidated the nomination process. They've made it clear that they are not going to respect the rules if things don't go their way.

The Obamalites make an excellent argument on overall fairness grounds. OF COURSE the voters and caucuses should decide the nomination, anything else leaves a sour taste. The problem is this is an argument against having Super Delegates!! The SD's were created for one reason only: to act independently and vote their conciences. They are supposed to be knowledgable people looking out for the party interests. I think on balance Super Delegates are a bad idea, precisely because of what we see this year. But too late to change the rules now.

I would have no problem with the Obamalites arguing that the Super Delegates should strongly weigh the choice of the voters. This is just common sense. But they've gone well beyond this point, they've made threats.

The issue with Florida & Michigan is much the same. On fairness grounds, OF COURSE it is ridiculous to exclude their delegates, especially since Florida had both Clinton & Obama on the ballot and there was a record turnout. But the agreed rules have to followed, even terribly unwise rules. NO WAY can either of those votes be used to affect the outcome. (There is a way to resolve this problem within the rules - have another primary vote - but for reasons I don't understand that option is not being pursued.) To my knowledge, Clintonites have not said they will not respect the nomination results if those delegates are excluded - that would be crossing the line in my view.

I won't be able to vote for McCain because of the 'R' word. I'll just not vote.

You could always go and write her in on principle...
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

nah, I would end up voting for Obama and walking home in tears.