View Poll Results: Who are you supporting in Wisconsin Primary?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Voting for Clinton

7 15.22%
  • Leaning to Clinton

0 0%
  • Voting For Obama

13 28.26%
  • Leaning to Obama

3 6.52%
  • Voting for McCain

12 26.09%
  • Leaning to McCain

1 2.17%
  • Voting for Huckabee

2 4.35%
  • Leaning to Huckabee

2 4.35%
  • Voting for Paul

3 6.52%
  • Leaning to Paul

1 2.17%
  • Other

2 4.35%
Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Wisconsin Primary

Quote Originally Posted by BallHawk
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby
    I think you're right. The governor of Florida that endorsed McCain probably is near top of list.
    I doubt Crist would be chosen. McCain needs somebody that will excel where McCain does not. Charlie Crist has, IMO, done a great job so far as our governor, and I like him as a person. However, he doesn't bring anything to the table that McCain already has. Crist isn't as conservative as Huckabee, nor many other candidates for the VP spot.
    I misread that as "I doubt Christ would be chosen..."
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy
    I think you're right. The governor of Florida that endorsed McCain probably is near top of list.
    I doubt Crist would be chosen. McCain needs somebody that will excel where McCain does not. Charlie Crist has, IMO, done a great job so far as our governor, and I like him as a person. However, he doesn't bring anything to the table that McCain already has. Crist isn't as conservative as Huckabee, nor many other candidates for the VP spot.
    I misread that as "I doubt Christ would be chosen..."
    Believe me, there are a ton of people down here who think our governor's name is Christ.
    "I've got one word for you- Dallas, Texas, Super Bowl"- Jermichael Finley

All he has to do is help McCain win Florida, and he has done more than ANY VP has done for the ticket in 48 years.
    Bush won Florida pretty handedly in 2004. I think that stays Republican anyway. The danger zone for the Republicans are states like Iowa and Ohio which went Republican in 2004, but not by much. The Republican party in Ohio is in shambles largely due to corruption.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

It's starting. The most likely scenario looks like a close election, with Obama perhaps having more pledged delegates, and Clinton, so far at least, looking stronger with the super delegates.

Yesterday, Obama made a statement that if the super delegates voted contrary to the pledged delegates, "it would be problematic for the political insiders to overturn the judgment of the voters."

Translation: Obama and his followers will consider it corruption if Clinton wins because of her edge with super delegates!

BUT IF THE SUPER DELEGATES CAN ONLY LEGITIMATELY FOLLOW THE WISHES OF THE ELECTED DELEGATES, THAN WHY WERE THEY CREATED!!??

The truth is the Super Delegates are an undemocratic mechanism by which party elites retain more power than the voters. Just like the caucuses. But Obama is fine with caucuses, because they are working dramatically in his favor.

Donna Brazile, a black (translation:Obama supporter) pundit on ABC TV stated today that she will quit the Democratic Party if the super delegates don't favor the same candidate as the pledged delegates. Ridiculous. She herself is a Super Delegate because she managed Al Gore's 2000 campaign.
    Brazile said she wants Super Delegates to hold-off on announcing their support. Well, so far the announcements have gone Clinton's way, and Brazile wants them to wait until they are pressured by the likely Obama edge in pledge delegates.

The Obama blogs are talking like the Clinton Machine is at it again: "Super delegates choosing the nominee would be a complete perversion of this process." http://donklephant.com/2008/02/09/wh...tes-decide-it/

Add to all this the mess of the undecided delegates from Michigan & Florida. This is stomach churning. The Democratic Party is going to implode. This is not interesting or healthy, it's a horrible system much like the Florida 2000 voting infrastructure. A crappy system only works when the winner is far ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman
    Bush won Florida pretty handedly in 2004. I think that stays Republican anyway. The danger zone for the Republicans are states like Iowa and Ohio
    Florida looks in play this year. The Democrats had more people turn out for their primary, and that was for an election that didn't count! The Republican primary was hotly contested.

If the number of people voting in the primaries is a precursor of what will happen in the general election, then the Democrats will win in a landslide. They've had more people showing up everywhere. In some states it's been as much as 3-1. I still think it will be a very close election though.

BUT IF THE SUPER DELEGATES CAN ONLY LEGITIMATELY FOLLOW THE WISHES OF THE ELECTED DELEGATES, THAN WHY WERE THEY CREATED!!?
    They were created to actually keep unity within the party. The idea was that if a candidate had the highest amount of pledged delegates among all of the other candidates but not enough pledged delegates to obtain the nomination (in this case 2,025) Super Delegates were supposed to wait until after all the votes were cast and then throw their support behind the leading candidate, thus avoiding a brokered convention.

It makes sense on the surface, I guess, but somewhere along the line it went horribly wrong.

? HOFer
    Bush won Florida pretty handedly in 2004. I think that stays Republican anyway. The danger zone for the Republicans are states like Iowa and Ohio
    Florida looks in play this year. The Democrats had more people turn out for their primary, and that was for an election that didn't count! The Republican primary was hotly contested.
    The lady folk says she has met very few if any democrats down there. She is pretty convinced the republicans have it on lock down.

Quote Originally Posted by Partial
    The lady folk says she has met very few if any democrats down there. She is pretty convinced the republicans have it on lock down.
    Well, if that isn't a convincing statistic than I don't know what is.

? HOFer
    You can say its not but I would bet you 1,000 USD that the republican candidate takes the state. Pony up.

You can say its not but I would bet you 1,000 USD that the republican candidate takes the state.
    You also said that Obama had no chance of being elected because he was black.

So you've already been wrong on one and if Obama gets the nomination you very well could be wrong again.

? HOFer
    Obama hasn't been elected yet. And I still don't think he has a chance in hell. Don't go countin' your chickens just yet. Hillary is still winning after all.

Obama hasn't been elected yet. And I still don't think he has a chance in hell. Don't go countin' your chickens just yet. Hillary is still winning after all.
    He's neck-and-neck with Hillary. If that doesn't qualify as a chance then what does? You didn't say he wouldn't get elected, you said he didn't stand a chance at being elected. He's proven he's got a chance.

He will win the Potomac Primaries on Tuesday and that will bring him, super delegates and all, right there with Hillary. Then he will win Wisconsin and the other states and he will take the lead. Then it will all come down to states like OH, PA, and TX.

I am voting for Huckabee. I have liked him more than any of the other candidates. That being said, there don't appear to be any JFK's or Reagan's in this bunch.

I know Huck's chances are virtually nonexistent for the nomination, but I am casting my choice as if the score was 0-0.

If Obama sweeps the Potomac primaries (Md, VA and DC) plus gets OH or TX, he's going to win the nomination.

WI's Republican contest is winner take all for delegates. Democratic delegates are rationed out on a percentage basis of the vote.

I do not want Hillary in the White House. This country has to get beyond the Bush-Clinton dynastical period we've been in.

If Obama wins in Nov., I may not be thrilled with it, but I could rally behind him more than I could another Pres. Clinton.
    -digital dean

No "TROLLS" allowed!

? HOFer
    He's neck-and-neck with Hillary. If that doesn't qualify as a chance then what does? You didn't say he wouldn't get elected, you said he didn't stand a chance at being elected. He's proven he's got a chance.

He will win the Potomac Primaries on Tuesday and that will bring him, super delegates and all, right there with Hillary. Then he will win Wisconsin and the other states and he will take the lead. Then it will all come down to states like OH, PA, and TX.
    The election is 9 months away. You have no idea if he has any chance to win anything yet. Not only is he in 2nd place for the nomination now, but there is ZERO evidence that even the front runner will beat the republicans. McCain is a powerhouse of a candidate because he'll still get the republican votes yet steal some of the democrats.

McCain is a powerhouse of a candidate because he'll still get the republican votes yet steal some of the democrats.
    Really, Partial?

Well, he's going to have to steal a helluva lot of Democrats to make up for the number of conservatives that are going to be sitting at home on election day.

Obama leads in delegates from primaries and caucuses 981-910. Any lead Hillary has, and it is very small, is due to verbal commitments from super delegates. If Obama continues to win most of the primaries and caucuses, they will be under a lot of pressure to support the choice of the voters.

Obama leads in delegates from primaries and caucuses 981-910. Any lead Hillary has, and it is very small, is due to verbal commitments from super delegates. If Obama continues to win most of the primaries and caucuses, they will be under a lot of pressure to support the choice of the voters.
    If the candidate that won the pledged delegates did not win the nomination the party would fall and the Republicans would take the WH in '08. If you snub Obama you turn away Blacks, blue-collar males, and the young vote. If you snub Hillary you turn away the older vote and the female vote.

The Dems cannot win in '08 with any one of these core demographics sitting out. While I think Howard Dean is foolish for thinking Obama and Hillary will come to an "agreement" to have the election come down to the "smoke-filled rooms" as they were called, would be pure chaos.

Most of the super delegates have not committed to either candidate. What Dean needs to do is get these uncommitted delegates not to commit to anyone now. Then once the primaries are over, these delegates should back the candidate that won the most delegates in the primaries and caucuses.

Something tells me they will be changing this system once the election is over.

What Dean needs to do is get these uncommitted delegates not to commit to anyone now. Then once the primaries are over, these delegates should back the candidate that won the most delegates in the primaries and caucuses.
    Huh? Why? The Super Delegates were created to act independently, not to rubber stamp the pledge delegates. They can decide whenever they want and for whoever they want. The idea is that they are extra wise people and can look out better for the party, act as a counterweight to popular passions.

If you are worried about democracy, throw out the caucus results and hold primaries to find out what the voters think.