View Poll Results: Who are you supporting in Wisconsin Primary?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Voting for Clinton

7 15.22%
  • Leaning to Clinton

0 0%
  • Voting For Obama

13 28.26%
  • Leaning to Obama

3 6.52%
  • Voting for McCain

12 26.09%
  • Leaning to McCain

1 2.17%
  • Voting for Huckabee

2 4.35%
  • Leaning to Huckabee

2 4.35%
  • Voting for Paul

3 6.52%
  • Leaning to Paul

1 2.17%
  • Other

2 4.35%
Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Wisconsin Primary

I'm not denouncing experience. Hell, myself I think Obama is a little raw. Experience, however, is not the be all and end all of a campaign. Hillary says she has 35 years of experience. 35 years of what? I'd take somebody doing 5 years of real-solid work than 35 years of fluff any day. I'm not denouncing Hillary, for she has done great work in her years as a politician, but how much time has she spent really working for the people? How much time has any politician really spent working for others and not themselves?

I would of been fine with Richardson to be honest, I would of been fine with Dodd or Biden. Actually, I want Biden to be the VP on either ticket to the White House. But experience is becoming less and less important and the emphasis is turning to likability and how good a person's smile is. Experience is great, but it's to applied when you have it and when you don't you BS.
    "I've got one word for you- Dallas, Texas, Super Bowl"- Jermichael Finley

? HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by BallHawk
    Quote Originally Posted by Partial
    Our two party system sucks. I'm not a big Romney supporter since I don't agree with the way he views some social situatinos, but the cat has had success whereever he is gone. He and Richardson were the only two serious candidates with any experience in a leadership role. Governors come in with more experience typically than Senators.
    Sure, they come in with more experience, but that doesn't make them better suited for the job. GW Bush came in as a governor and that turned out great didn't it? On the other hand, JFK was a Senator.

What the person has done in the past matters little, nowadays. It's what they can do and what they will do.
    Anyone can say they will do something. Hell, I declare right now that I will change this country. See? It's that simple. The question is will he actually do anything?

The scary thing is he probably will. Universal health care, aka make anyone who makes 50k or more pay for it twice, will probably get implemented. Businesses will continue to be taxed to hell and jobs will continue to move to developing countries.

On the plus side, the budget will probably get balanced. But, it will be at the expense of extreme taxation.

? HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby
    Sure, they come in with more experience, but that doesn't make them better suited for the job. GW Bush came in as a governor and that turned out great didn't it? On the other hand, JFK was a Senator.

What the person has done in the past matters little, nowadays. It's what they can do and what they will do.
    I don't believe this at all. I think George Bush has created a distortion in our thinking. I think he is a once in a millenium disaster and should just be ignored, rather than using him to lower bars.

JFK was in Congress several terms before he became a Senator. He also was a war hero, and a commander of a naval vessel.

Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton ran as outside insurgents. But they had significant executive experience as Governors, Bill Clinton for 12 years?

Experience is good.
    Correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman
    By the way, Obama is the projected winner in Maine.http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23098411/
    Clinton has won only a single caucus, Nevada, and that was just because of large hispanic support. The Obama people obviously are aces at ginning-up caucus turn-out, I thought Clinton might have a shot in Maine.

It's amazing how different the followers of these two candidates are. Clinton people are better about voting, but they aren't the zealots who will spend half a day at a caucus.

Its interesting, in California where there was a primary, Hillary even won the majority of the youth vote.

I want Biden to be the VP on either ticket to the White House.
    I would love to see Biden as VP. I'm not sure he has the personality for it. He likes to be in charge. I hope he at least becomes Secretary of State.

I want Biden to be the VP on either ticket to the White House.
    I would love to see Biden as VP. I'm not sure he has the personality for it. He likes to be in charge. I hope he at least becomes Secretary of State.
    If Hillary wins I would love to see her choose Wesley Clark as her VP. It wouldn't surprise me either. Both are Arkansas grown and I think Clark would compliment Clinton quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Bigguns

Having Huck ain't gonna bring the anti mccain conservatives on board. Ain't gonna change those dobson clones. And, those southern states are red..you don't add a vp who can't help you win blue/red states...minny, penn, etc.
    I think you're right. The governor of Florida that endorsed McCain probably is near top of list.
    Huckabee would be a decent choice for VP, but his appeal is in states where th GOP is already solid.

don't rule out condi or even mitt.
    I don't see Mitt in politics anymore. Guy became the punchline to too many jokes. And the support he did have had the whiff of desperation to it - conservative people sorta kinda counted him as the only old school conserative available. Condi is possibile.
    Charlie Crist would certainly appeal to you. Single, white unmarried male.

As dylan sang, you don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.

Mitt would be ok as vip, plus would shore up the conservative vote, help on econ which is mccain's weak point. Always better to take a strong conservative from a blue state than a weak conservative from a red state.

I think you're right. The governor of Florida that endorsed McCain probably is near top of list.
    I doubt Crist would be chosen. McCain needs somebody that will excel where McCain does not. Charlie Crist has, IMO, done a great job so far as our governor, and I like him as a person. However, he doesn't bring anything to the table that McCain already has. Crist isn't as conservative as Huckabee, nor many other candidates for the VP spot.
    All he has to do is help McCain win Florida, and he has done more than ANY VP has done for the ticket in 48 years.
    Bush won Florida pretty handedly in 2004. I think that stays Republican anyway. The danger zone for the Republicans are states like Iowa and Ohio which went Republican in 2004, but not by much. The Republican party in Ohio is in shambles largely due to corruption.
    Gonna be hard for florida to stay repub with the hardline immigration talk. More non cuban latinos in the state than cubans..that is a new factor.

McCain is a powerhouse of a candidate because he'll still get the republican votes yet steal some of the democrats.
    Really, Partial?

Well, he's going to have to steal a helluva lot of Democrats to make up for the number of conservatives that are going to be sitting at home on election day.
    Ballhawk, arent' you in High School? You show more intelligence than someone in college.

McCain is a powerhouse of a candidate because he'll still get the republican votes yet steal some of the democrats.
    Really, Partial?

Well, he's going to have to steal a helluva lot of Democrats to make up for the number of conservatives that are going to be sitting at home on election day.
    Ballhawk, arent' you in High School?
    Depends who you ask.

If you ask me I'm a 9th grader at Gulf Coast High School.

If you ask some other people I'm a confused 40-something.

Take your pick.

Really, Partial?

Depends who you ask.

Take your pick.
    Well, either way you show some ability to think, and admit when you've missed something.

BTW, there is little chance Clark will be VP. He brings no voters to the table.

I still think Hillary wins the nom and takes barack as vp. Or could be vice versa.

Either way, it makes the prez assination proof. Kill barack and they are left with hillary.

Potential candidates:

Richardson: solidifies the latino vote and adds geographic diversity. negs, to close to the bill clinton era.

Mark Warner or Evan Bayh to play it middle of the road.

Rahm emannuel.

I still think Hillary wins the nom and takes barack as vp. Or could be vice versa.
    I could see Hillary picking Obama as her VP. Helps her solidify the black vote and she picks up some of the younger crowd. However, I'm not sure how happy a lot of these first-time voters will be voting for their guy who ended up getting 2nd place.

If Obama gets the nomination he'd have no need for Hillary, IMO. She'd bring him the Hispanic vote, but the type of people she attracts will be at the polls, regardless of who the candidate is. Obama would be better picking a guy like Biden that makes up for the areas that he lacks in (foreign policy, namely).

Still, it remains to be seen whether any of the two are willing to accept 2nd.

Depends who you ask.

Take your pick.
    I'm a 3rd grader at Showme Yourcock Elementary, so you know which one I pick.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

I am not a republican or a democrat but I'd like to see Hillary win because it would be unbelievable for us to have a woman president. even though i'd hate for bill to be the first first man. Hilary yells alot and reminds me of my exwife so she would be good for me to watch at night while i fall asleep, hearing her yelling would make me feel at home. LOL. I'd vote for the black guy if he was REALLY black.

Where is Ross Perot when you need him?
    "...one thing about me during the course of a game, I get emotional and say things my grandmother lets me know about later. But nobody wants to win on that field anymore than I do, no one." Brett Favre

Still, it remains to be seen whether any of the two are willing to accept 2nd.
    Huckabee said today that the VP is the job that everybody says they don't want but nobody turns it down. A lot of truth to that.
    Whether either nominee would ask the other is a big question. All in all, a long shot.

I'm afraid this close contest, with all the disputed delegates, is going to produce bad blood. I know I can already hardly stand to look at JoeMailman

What could be more undemocratic than the super delegates reversing the wishes of the voters? It sounds like maybe you want the super delegates to hand Hillary a victory she can't win with the voters.
    Well, first all, the "wishes of the voters" are not well indicated by all the caucus states that he won. I suspect Hillary would win the popular vote handily if full primary elections were held in all states.

I agree that superdelegates are undemocratic. Excluding the Florida voters was also undemocratic. Caucuses are undemocratic. All the chicanery is stupid.

The Super Delegates ARE voters. They should be able to vote any way they want, whenever they want, and by the rules they count as much as the pledge delegates.
    Hillary wins if she gets the most delegates, super + pledge combined, and I certainly would expect Barak supporters to respect that result.

You don't think the rules should be changed midstream, do you?
    Well, of course there are no rules regarding how super delegates vote. They certainly can vote any way they want. I think it would not be wise for them to hand the nomination to a candidate who received a clear minority of the delegates from the primaries and caucuses. The only way they should do that, in my opinion, would be if there were special circumstances, such as a scandal, which would make a candidate clearly unelectable.

Obama leads in delegates from primaries and caucuses 981-910.
    You would think that would be a solid number, but different news organizations have different totals. I saw two with Hillary ahead.
    I think the news organizations showing Clinton ahead are using estimates of super delegates who have verbally committed to one candidate or the other. She is ahead in that regard. After this past weekend, I think Obama is clearly ahead in delegates from primaries and caucuses.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

They certainly can vote any way they want. I think it would not be wise for them to hand the nomination to a candidate who received a clear minority of the delegates from the primaries and caucuses. The only way they should do that, in my opinion, would be if there were special circumstances, such as a scandal, which would make a candidate clearly unelectable.
    You contradict yourself. You say they are free to vote any way they want. Then you say just as long as they rubber stamp what the pledge delegates decide.

Reminds me of women: they don't care a bit about penis size just as long as it is large.

When it comes to Super Delegates, there is no "they". Each super delegate makes a judgement. If most of those individuals think Clinton is more qualified to be President, I think you should just respect their decisions.

I think Obama has made two crude moves in this campaign: 1) when he said that Clinton's comments about MArtin Luther King were troubling, 2) recently he said it will be problematic if the super delegates don't agree with the pledged delegates. Both comments are designed to stoke feelings of victimization and invite accusations.

Dear Obama Supporters:

Please list 3 people you would rather see become president than Obama.

I suggest if you find this difficult or impossible, you may be a member of a cult of personality.

(A good friend of mine, a kindly 85-year-old lady/next door neighbor, always says that Jesus Christ is the source of her hope. That has always been her word, hope.)

Dear Obama Supporters:

Please list 3 people you would rather see become president than Obama.

I suggest if you find this difficult or impossible, you may be a member of a cult of personality.

(A good friend of mine, a kindly 85-year-old lady/next door neighbor, always says that Jesus Christ is the source of her hope. That has always been her word, hope.)
    1. The head keebler elf. If he can run a company out of a tree, he can run a country.

2. Santa Claus. If anybody can unite the parties, it is Santa. Plus, who wouldn't love to see a man in a red suit meet foreign dignataries.

3. George Clinton. One nation under a groove. 'nuff said.

3 people

a) Ron Paul
    B Less Paul
    c)Barbara McCullsky