Thread: Anyone watching Daytona 500?

Anyone watching Daytona 500?

Kenseth was in the top 5 and is now is 36. Kenseth is one of the best racers to not get wins consistently, much like Jr. Jr. is trying to hold on to win.

One thing for sure is that watching Nascar in HD is sweet!

A good friend on my Sons is rear wheel changer for the Kurt Busch/Penske team. Nice to see them run 1 and 2
    The Bottom Line:
    Formally Numb, same person, same views of M3

Quote Originally Posted by Numb
    A good friend on my Sons is rear wheel changer for the Kurt Busch/Penske team. Nice to see them run 1 and 2
    Kurt had a great run today from last to 2nd. Nice shove to get Newman the win.

Kenseth ran great until his own friggin teammate, David Ragan, lost control in front of him and slammed him into the wall.

Great finish. Feel bad for Jeff Burton. Had the lead with less than 5 laps and just couldn't pull it off.
    -digital dean

No "TROLLS" allowed!

I really, really wanted to watch, but I had to do a load of socks in the laundry.

How did Ricky Bobby do?

Re: Anyone watching Daytona 500?

Quote Originally Posted by LL2
    Kenseth was in the top 5 and is now is 36. Kenseth is one of the best racers to not get wins consistently, much like Jr. Jr. is trying to hold on to win.

One thing for sure is that watching Nascar in HD is sweet!
    What a backhanded compliment that is. Kenseth is one of the top 5 drivers in NASCAR, and he's a NASCAR champion (2002).

He got a horrible break today. His own teammate got loose and slid up into him. Absolutely nothing he could do, and what a shame that it was his own teammate that did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell
    How did Ricky Bobby do?

I understand he ran across the track in his underwear......ermm....wait a minute...that's will farrel in every movies he's made. My bad.
    The Bottom Line:

No.
    C.H.U.D.

I know I'm bumping up last year's thread, but had to see if anyone's watching the race.

Home state boy #17 Matt Kenseth is in 1st at lap 150 of 200.

GO MATT!
    -digital dean

No "TROLLS" allowed!

Not totally thrilled with the red flag, but Kenseth wins the Daytona 500!!!

WAY TO GO MATT!!
    -digital dean

No "TROLLS" allowed!

It is good to see Kennseth win, and getting a Daytona 500 win is no easy feat. I sure wish it was after 200 laps, but a win is a win. That's how any other driver would look at it. Now he needs to finish first at the end of the season. A lot of people feel that he didn't totally earn the Sprint Cup (or whatever is was called a few years ago) that he won a few years back because he only had like 2 Nascar wins that season. He won the cup with a lot of 2nd and 3rd place finishes to pad his points.

Redneck Rat HOFer Little Whiskey's Avatar
    It is good to see Kennseth win, and getting a Daytona 500 win is no easy feat. I sure wish it was after 200 laps, but a win is a win. That's how any other driver would look at it. Now he needs to finish first at the end of the season. A lot of people feel that he didn't totally earn the Sprint Cup (or whatever is was called a few years ago) that he won a few years back because he only had like 2 Nascar wins that season. He won the cup with a lot of 2nd and 3rd place finishes to pad his points.
    He won his championship because he was the most consistant driver.

Reading through some of the msg boards on Foxsports.com and other sites.....

A lot of dissing on Kenseth because of the win. Maybe NASCAR could've waited, but there was more rain on the way. Tough decision to call the race and not a popular one to boot.

That being said, there have been other Daytona 500s called due to rain also. One of them won by Richard Petty. Doubtful anyone else would be screaming for him to give up his victory because of that. So Kenseth should be happy for his.

Now let's hope this is something he can build on for the season.
    -digital dean

No "TROLLS" allowed!

Watched "wind tunnel" on Speed Network. Waltrip that as of 9:30pm it was still raining. Hate to see any race called for rain, but it happens and is part of racing.

if you want to talk about conspiracy they should be talking about the Jr. wreck. it was plain as day that he turned into vickers after vickers blocked him. His piss poor excuse......was just that. what i don't understand is why he didn't get the same 5 lap penalty the 38 got yesterday in the Nationwide race. well i do know why he didn't ...... the way he spells his last name.

That's what I don't like about Fox. They at least come across as apologists for Jr.

Even Rusty Wallace on ESPN did the same thing saying "they're both at fault".

Kyle Busch ripped Jr., though not calling him by name:
    One guy that had problems all day long on pit road, made his problems our problems and our problem was a big problem," Busch said. "Just unfortunate with that. Just really uncalled for for two lapped cars to be racing each other and bumping each other like that

Jr. should have gotten a 5 lap penalty. Topped off the 1 lap penalty he p'd and moaned about too. It's in the rules for everybody, so he deserved the 1 lap penalty. Since winning the 500, Jr. has been underwhelming to say the least.
    -digital dean

No "TROLLS" allowed!

I'm just glad that the simpsons wasn't delayed
    The Bottom Line:

Rusty is a horrible commentator. he adds nothing!!

at first all the fox broadcasters were pointing at Jr. then after the replay and jr's comments they all took his side. I especially love DW comment. J"r tells it like it is. if he says it wasn't on purpose then you have to believe him." come on DW are you kidding me!! is he really gonna say that he wrecked the guy on purpose? last time he did that was when he spun intentionally at bristol to get his lap back. that got him a penalty. do you think he is that stupid?

the only reason jr has a racing career is because sr died in a crash, otherwise he'd be another kyle petty.

DW's initial comment was that it was wrong. He then wussed out and treated Jr. with the velvet gloves.

I wish these clowns wouldn't worship at the altar of Earnhardt. Just call it like it is and let the chips fall where they may.

Jr. just let his frustrations for his pit road f-ups boil over to impatience on the track. Yes, he was trying to get the lucky dog with Vickers, but he proceeded to blatantly alter the landscape of the race.

If I was Kyle Busch, I'd want to knock Jr.'s block off. At least 4-5 contenders were knocked out because of Jr's lack of common sense.

If he blocked like Vickers, he'd say that's just racin'. But now, he whines and complains about it. Well if he wouldn't have muffed up his pit stops, he wouldn't have been in that mess in the first place!
    -digital dean

No "TROLLS" allowed!

Here's a good article.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/stor...build-momentum

I sure hope Kenseth can build on the Daytona 500 win. I've thought about going to a Nascar race for years. Has any PR been to one? Are they a lot of fun? They stop in Joliet every year for the Chicagoland race.

Here's a good article.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/stor...build-momentum

I sure hope Kenseth can build on the Daytona 500 win. I've thought about going to a Nascar race for years. Has any PR been to one? Are they a lot of fun? They stop in Joliet every year for the Chicagoland race.
    LL2, its a tailgate party that lasts a week! Its a great time! I've only been to Michigan which is out in the middle of nowhere. its a two lane road that leads to the track that is in the middle of farm fields. if you don't plan to spend the night, plan on sitting for 3 hours after the race before traffic clears up. Joliet is a similar track. I've driven past it a few times. not much around it either, but at least there are major roads to get you in and out. problem is, I believe you need to buy the a full season at the track in order to get the cup race. Michigan lets you buy just the cup race.