Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Thread: Recession coming

? HOFer
    The point is Skin, that you're wrong. You think you know more about the way things are then the people who actually live them. You're telling me how much money I will make when statistics from my school tell me otherwise. Who am I to believe? I would think the people who dedicate their live to placing students and getting them good jobs are a little more accurate that mr. mommy.

Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007
    What areas would be good to "gently" guide her toward looking ahead to college and a career?

We often get so caught up in academic achievement that not enough emphasis is placed on developing fully functioning social skills.

Exhibit A

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby
    I went to school in physics & grad school in computer science, worked in companies making software for scientific instruments.

Quote Originally Posted by Partial
    The point is Skin, that you're wrong. You think you know more about the way things are then the people who actually live them. You're telling me how much money I will make when statistics from my school tell me otherwise. Who am I to believe? I would think the people who dedicate their live to placing students and getting them good jobs are a little more accurate that mr. mommy.
    The point is Partial, that you're wrong - a lot. You think you know more about the way things are than the people who actually live them. And whenever someone challenges you, you go berzerko and tell them their idiots, insult them, and attempt to belittle them in any way you can and usually without the assistance of logic in your arguments. I don't give a shit how much you make and I'm not the one telling you how much you will make. A published study on placement of your degree is.

Of course the career center wants to put up the best numbers they can. They want prospective and current students to believe they'll be successful, otherwise the students go somewhere else. That's why they typically publish self-reported numbers from graduates. Funny thing is, the unsuccessful grads typically don't feel like reporting back that they're failures or that they're making 15k below the reported grad median in their first job as a restaurant host. Of course, this doesn't really bother the career center.

It's become comical how your attacks and criticisms of other posters have been amazingly stark reflections of yourself more than anyone else. At first I thought you were trying to play some grand ironic joke, but the punchline never came. Who knows, April fools is just around the bend.

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket
    You're only saying that because we're both oppressed by Partial's silent majority that lives in his head. We're more like war buddies fighting an army of doped-up poop-slinging monkeys in party hats.
    You know just what to say to me. You silver tongued devil!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell
    Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007
    What areas would be good to "gently" guide her toward looking ahead to college and a career?

We often get so caught up in academic achievement that not enough emphasis is placed on developing fully functioning social skills.

Exhibit A

I went to school in physics & grad school in computer science, worked in companies making software for scientific instruments.

you think that's funny!? I'll kill him, I'll fucking kill him. I'll sneak into his gated community and set his house on fire. Then its back home through iowa. You don't think I can find you, after all those pictures you posted? I'll fucking kill you too.

There's gonna be a lot of orphaned kids next week who are better off . No video games in orphanages. No neurotic moms raising hissy fits over a B+ in math.

Exhibit B

you think that's funny!? I'll kill him, I'll fucking kill him. I'll sneak into his gated community and set his house on fire. Then its back home through iowa. You don't think I can find you, after all those pictures you posted? I'll fucking kill you too.

There's gonna be a lot of orphaned kids next week who are better off . No video games in orphanages. No neurotic moms raising hissy fits over a B+ in math.

Exhibit B

? HOFer
    The point is Partial, that you're wrong - a lot. You think you know more about the way things are than the people who actually live them. And whenever someone challenges you, you go berzerko and tell them their idiots, insult them, and attempt to belittle them in any way you can and usually without the assistance of logic in your arguments. I don't give a shit how much you make and I'm not the one telling you how much you will make. A published study on placement of your degree is.

Of course the career center wants to put up the best numbers they can. They want prospective and current students to believe they'll be successful, otherwise the students go somewhere else. That's why they typically publish self-reported numbers from graduates. Funny thing is, the unsuccessful grads typically don't feel like reporting back that they're failures or that they're making 15k below the reported grad median in their first job as a restaurant host. Of course, this doesn't really bother the career center.

It's become comical how your attacks and criticisms of other posters have been amazingly stark reflections of yourself more than anyone else. At first I thought you were trying to play some grand ironic joke, but the punchline never came. Who knows, April fools is just around the bend.
    OK Skin whatever you say. You've told me I'll make 35k and likely 42k or something to that effect, when I already make more than that if I worked 40 hours a week full time.

Its funny. You think you know more about my life and those with similiar attributes than I do when you went to school with a powderpuff major and are citing a figure that includes other powder puff majors into the same field as mine.

Funny.

Funny.
    No. It's not funny really. But by all means, continue to judge other people's degrees from schools you couldn't get into while at the same time telling them they know nothing about your major. Now that's funny.

OK Skin whatever you say. You've told me I'll make 35k and likely 42k or something to that effect, when I already make more than that if I worked 40 hours a week full time.

Its funny. You think you know more about my life and those with similiar attributes than I do when you went to school with a powderpuff major and are citing a figure that includes other powder puff majors into the same field as mine.

Funny.
    First, dope, they aren't giving you bennies...so to think that they just double your wage is dumb. Once again showing your ignorance of the real world.

Second, english is hardly a powderpuff major. You would have a hard time in it, since it regularly requires more than one hour of study per credit hour. Try reading 800 pages in a week..and writing papers. It requires the ability to read, comprehend, analyze and then put your own ideas down on paper...something you haven't shown the least ability to do. Plus, you actually have to be able to write..something you haven't shown either.

Do you ever wonder how those of us "powderpuff" majors got ahead in life..with no apparent job skills. Think.

? HOFer
    Glad you know what benefits they offered me. I get full benefits if I want.

I guess I can't write either now. I guess how I type on the forum says everything... Right...

Skin hasn't gotten anywhere but to the couch to watch his kids.

Again, you're making assumptions and you have no idea what you're talking about.

Elaborate, if you could. I want to hear how that works.
    "I've got one word for you- Dallas, Texas, Super Bowl"- Jermichael Finley

I guess I can't write either now. I guess how I type on the forum says everything... Right...

Again, you're making assumptions and you have no idea what you're talking about.
    What assumptions am i making? I've read your posts..you are a poor speller to say the least. Your sentence composition is poor as well.

Benefits..you can get them if you want. Oh, is that how real companies operate when you are FTE? No. If you want, means that they will ask you to pay...ahhh...so your salary is decreased.

Or are you saying that you declined the bennies. this outta be good.

And, we all note how you dropped your foolish and stupid English as a powderpuff major.

And failed to answer how those of us with no job skills like you managed to get ahead. Tick, tock...the clock is ticking.

Quote Originally Posted by BallHawk
    Sorry, missed your post....asked the same question..or rather posited the answer.

I hire people all the time, including people with engineering degrees. I'd never look down my nose at an English major, or any other Liberal Arts degrees.

I hire people all the time, including people with engineering degrees. I'd never look down my nose at an English major, or any other Liberal Arts degrees.
    Well, that is certainly stupid. Ask partial..it is a powderpuff degree.

You most likely do that because just like you assess the engineer..you want people who are bright, can communicate, and most importantly think and analyze...which aren't solely the province of engineers.

? HOFer
    How does it not work? I can get health insurance, 401k matching, etc. I match the 401k and thats it. What is there to "hear how it works". Get a job, then talk.

? HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Bigguns

What assumptions am i making? I've read your posts..you are a poor speller to say the least. Your sentence composition is poor as well.

Benefits..you can get them if you want. Oh, is that how real companies operate when you are FTE? No. If you want, means that they will ask you to pay...ahhh...so your salary is decreased.

Or are you saying that you declined the bennies. this outta be good.

And, we all note how you dropped your foolish and stupid English as a powderpuff major.

And failed to answer how those of us with no job skills like you managed to get ahead. Tick, tock...the clock is ticking.
    Have you heard of contract labor? I am paid hourly. I can work as many hours as I want up to 40, and get the same benefits regardless of how many hours I work. Being in IT I think you'd be smarter than that. I take 401k and use my parents health care, etc since I am in college.

Who said anything about anyone not having job skills? That was probably you if anyone.

How does it not work? I can get health insurance, 401k matching, etc. I match the 401k and thats it. What is there to "hear how it works". Get a job, then talk.
    Again, you "can" get health insurance.

That means you have to pay for it.