Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Thread: Recession coming

? HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Bigguns
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell
    I hire people all the time, including people with engineering degrees. I'd never look down my nose at an English major, or any other Liberal Arts degrees.
    Well, that is certainly stupid. Ask partial..it is a powderpuff degree.

You most likely do that because just like you assess the engineer..you want people who are bright, can communicate, and most importantly think and analyze...which aren't solely the province of engineers.
    No no, thats not what I said. It's a powderpuff major in college. Requires no skills. Getting ahead with in anything requires skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Partial
    Glad you know what benefits they offered me. I get full benefits if I want.

I guess I can't write either now. I guess how I type on the forum says everything... Right...

Skin hasn't gotten anywhere but to the couch to watch his kids.

Again, you're making assumptions and you have no idea what you're talking about.
    What assumptions am i making? I've read your posts..you are a poor speller to say the least. Your sentence composition is poor as well.

Benefits..you can get them if you want. Oh, is that how real companies operate when you are FTE? No. If you want, means that they will ask you to pay...ahhh...so your salary is decreased.

Or are you saying that you declined the bennies. this outta be good.

And, we all note how you dropped your foolish and stupid English as a powderpuff major.

And failed to answer how those of us with no job skills like you managed to get ahead. Tick, tock...the clock is ticking.
    Have you heard of contract labor? I am paid hourly. I can work as many hours as I want up to 40, and get the same benefits regardless of how many hours I work. Being in IT I think you'd be smarter than that. I take 401k and use my parents health care, etc since I am in college.

Who said anything about anyone not having job skills? That was probably you if anyone.
    Ah, contract labor..and you don't think they pay more for a contractor then a normal employee. You think they just double your contract wage when you start. Oh, lord.

Why do you use your parents health...BECAUSE YOU WOULD HAVE TO PAY FOR YOUR BENEFITS.

I hire people all the time, including people with engineering degrees. I'd never look down my nose at an English major, or any other Liberal Arts degrees.

You most likely do that because just like you assess the engineer..you want people who are bright, can communicate, and most importantly think and analyze...which aren't solely the province of engineers.
    No no, thats not what I said. It's a powderpuff major in college. Requires no skills. Getting ahead with in anything requires skills.
    Wrong, idiot. Writing is a skill. Analyzing is a skill. Comprehension is a skill..one that can be refined.

If it was a powderpuff major..do you think law school's would accept so many of them? It is just too easy.

Sure wish you wouldn't make these comments.
    To me it means either you are terribly jaded by your youth...or maybe you discriminate based on gender. I don't think you would ever make these comments toward a woman that is staying home with her children while they are small. Having a parent (either gender)at home to take care of children before they get in school is priceless!!

? HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007

To me it means either you are terribly jaded by your youth...or maybe you discriminate based on gender. I don't think you would ever make these comments toward a woman that is staying home with her children while they are small. Having a parent (either gender)at home to take care of children before they get in school is priceless!!
    I really don't care what Skin does nor do I have any prejudice against anyone who chooses this path. I like to give him crap.

I wish I could have stayed home with mine.

Partial hasn't figured out that life isn't a destination to be "gotten anywhere" it is a journey.

? HOFer

I guess I can't write either now. I guess how I type on the forum says everything... Right...

Again, you're making assumptions and you have no idea what you're talking about.
    What assumptions am i making? I've read your posts..you are a poor speller to say the least. Your sentence composition is poor as well.

Benefits..you can get them if you want. Oh, is that how real companies operate when you are FTE? No. If you want, means that they will ask you to pay...ahhh...so your salary is decreased.

And, we all note how you dropped your foolish and stupid English as a powderpuff major.

And failed to answer how those of us with no job skills like you managed to get ahead. Tick, tock...the clock is ticking.
    Have you heard of contract labor? I am paid hourly. I can work as many hours as I want up to 40, and get the same benefits regardless of how many hours I work. Being in IT I think you'd be smarter than that. I take 401k and use my parents health care, etc since I am in college.

Who said anything about anyone not having job skills? That was probably you if anyone.
    Ah, contract labor..and you don't think they pay more for a contractor then a normal employee. You think they just double your contract wage when you start. Oh, lord.

Why do you use your parents health...BECAUSE YOU WOULD HAVE TO PAY FOR YOUR BENEFITS.
    Yeah, my contract will get increased. Who says anything about double? Again, another implication and assumption on your part. I will be expecting a 10 grand raise after college to 50+, and will be shooting to get a 60+ job.

Are you implying that you don't have to pay for health care within your company? Most people in block plans still have to pay. It's a benefit in that my company covers a significant portion of the cost.

I wish I could have stayed home with mine.
    Me too!!
    Well, in a way I did but it was by us working opposite shifts...that's a whole other story.

? HOFer

Wrong, idiot. Writing is a skill. Analyzing is a skill. Comprehension is a skill..one that can be refined.

If it was a powderpuff major..do you think law school's would accept so many of them? It is just too easy.
    High GPA. Amazing how most law schools won't touch you if you're a history or english major and have close to a 4.0 yet 3.4-3.6 in enginering and you're golden.

Writing is a skill, but with grade inflation it is very easy I would imagine to pull off a B for writing any paper that has an opinion and is written half-way well. If you don't nail your math exams, you fail the class.

Yeah, my contract will get increased. Who says anything about double? Again, another implication and assumption on your part. I will be expecting a 10 grand raise after college to 50+, and will be shooting to get a 60+ job.

Are you implying that you don't have to pay for health care within your company? Most people in block plans still have to pay. It's a benefit in that my company covers a significant portion of the cost.
    Assumption...you said it yourself. LOL

You think because you graduate this company is going to give you a 10 grand raise. Oh, lord.

BTW, you aren't an employee if you are a contractor. You are not a contract laborer..you have a contract, but you are an hourly employee. If you are a contractor..who is your employer?

Health care. Wow, you are rocket scientist. No, i dont' pay for health care. Not one single penny.

High GPA. Amazing how most law schools won't touch you if you're a history or english major and have close to a 4.0 yet 3.4-3.6 in enginering and you're golden.

Writing is a skill, but with grade inflation it is very easy I would imagine to pull off a B for writing any paper that has an opinion and is written half-way well. If you don't nail your math exams, you fail the class.
    Oh, lord..you are talking out of your ass again. BTW,you sentence doesn't make a sense.

You are completely wrong about majors and gpa. What else is new.

Grade inflation. Wow, another strawman. As if grade inflation only effects liberal arts. But, the key word in your sentence is "imagine." That is something you are very good at..imagining you know something.

Don't nail your math exams. LOL. Math is a subject where you are graded on a curve. I've seen many classes where a 60 out of 100 was an A.

Keep it up, you just keep inserting your foot in your mouth.

There is some truth to what you say. I pretty much got A's in math and physics, and when I took eletrical engineering classes I got B's. They grade very hard in engineering. Engineering tends to be a tad robotic, they emphasize repetition in problem solving, you have to become so proficient that you can complete exams very quickly. That's painful.

You'd be surprised at how hard English majors work, though. They are expected to read & digest for one class a long Shakespeare play in one week. Ridiculous. Or a long novel in two weeks. They do a horrendous amount of reading and writing. I expect you would be a C student if you attempted a semester of English classes. It is not easy to wrap your brain around poetry written hundreds of years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby
    There is some truth to what you say. I pretty much got A's in math and physics, and when I took eletrical engineering classes I got B's. They grade very hard in engineering. Engineering tends to be a tad robotic, they emphasize repetition in problem solving, you have to become so proficient that you can complete exams very quickly. That's painful.

You'd be surprised at how hard English majors work, though. They are expected to read & digest for one class a long Shakespeare play in one week. Ridiculous. Or a long novel in two weeks. They do a horrendous amount of reading and writing. I expect you would be a C student if you attempted a semester of English classes. It is not easy to wrap your brain around poetry written hundreds of years ago.
    I highly doubt Partial makes it out of the weedout class that has you reading Milton, Spenser, Chaucer, etc.

Shakespeare play..that is light reading. Try reading Tom Jones in a week.

I really don't care what Skin does nor do I have any prejudice against anyone who chooses this path. I like to give him crap.
    No. You like to be ignorant in everything you say and do. You're one of those guys who high-fives himself in the mirror as self-affirmation. In short, you are a douchebag. And a pussy to boot, since you always back off your original statements, claiming you were only "stirring the pot" or "giving someone crap."

Partial, you sure seem to know a lot about majoring in English, law school admission, being a parent, not living with your mom, and attending a real university for not having any experience in any of those fields. Where does all of this wisdom come from? Is it the same mega-server that holds all of the college football film that guides your vast and omnipotent football knowledge? You still haven't told me where I can find this infinite well of wisdom. It would be very much appreciated. I long to be as smart as you.

What do you call those religious freaks who like to flog themselves? I'm starting to think this thread is Partial's flog.

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket
    What do you call those religious freaks who like to flog themselves? I'm starting to think this thread is Partial's flog.
    You mean flagellation? Or the "English vice"?
    http://www.corpun.com/books2.htm

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket
    You mean flagellation? Or the "English vice"?
    http://www.corpun.com/books2.htm
    Those freaks are called catholics.

Well, really, devout subsection. You are most likely referring to Opus Dei.

They use the doctine of mortification..the voluntary offering of discomfort of pain.

Tyrone isn't a member, but he enjoys wearing a cilice.

Tyrone is like a black Silas?
    "I've got one word for you- Dallas, Texas, Super Bowl"- Jermichael Finley

Quote Originally Posted by BallHawk
    Tyrone is like a black Silas?
    How do you know Silas wasn't black.

I guarantee jesus isn't like those pics hanging in churches..no blue eyed, blond haired jews hanging aroung galilee.

I guarantee jesus isn't like those pics hanging in churches..no blue eyed, blond haired jews hanging aroung galilee.
    I've always imagined that Jesus looked like Gary Glitter.
    "I've got one word for you- Dallas, Texas, Super Bowl"- Jermichael Finley