Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Unlikely Pimp

They were talking impeachment. I'm thinking the vitriol has to do with the amazing hypocrisy of the situation. Had he not been parading himself as a pillar of virtue, the banging of the whore wouldn't have been taken as such an insult by the constituency.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy
    They were talking impeachment. I'm thinking the vitriol has to do with the amazing hypocrisy of the situation. Had he not been parading himself as a pillar of virtue, the banging of the whore wouldn't have been taken as such an insult by the constituency.
    ya, I agree.

I don't think politicians should be driven from office in the emotional days following a scandal. I place a really high bar for impeaching politicians. Serious criminal activity, or corruption using their office.

Re: impeaching Bush, I just figure by the time they get it done, he'll be a lame duck anyway, so why bother. There are bumper stickers all over town announcing his last day in office.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

I just deleted my Bush impeachment remarks because it is too boring to talk about. but I will be boring, nothing new there.

Uh, ya, the lame duck point is a practical consideration.

But my original point was that the case is ambiguous, so don't go down that path.

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy
    Re: impeaching Bush, I just figure by the time they get it done, he'll be a lame duck anyway, so why bother. There are bumper stickers all over town announcing his last day in office.
    Bumper stickers are the best litmus test of educated America after all.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

MY OTHER CAR IS A PIECE OF SHIT TOO