Thread: Iraq has a budget surplus?

Iraq has a budget surplus?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23578542

Why is U.S. taxpayers dollars being spent to rebuild Iraq when Iraq is sitting on a pile of oil money? They should spend their own billions to fix the country, and send us some cheap oil!

Do you honestly believe the oil people in the White House want cheap oil? The price of oil has tripled since the invasion of Iraq. Mission Accomplished!
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman
    Do you honestly believe the oil people in the White House want cheap oil? The price of oil has tripled since the invasion of Iraq. Mission Accomplished!
    ..and America has accepted it. I'd be interested to see how much car-pooling and use of public transportation has increased during the last year.
    C.H.U.D.

Interesting photos from one journalist over the last few years.

http://www.nytimes.com/slideshow/200...BER_index.html
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out
    ..and America has accepted it. I'd be interested to see how much car-pooling and use of public transportation has increased during the last year.
    ZipCar baby. Jump on board.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Bigguns
    There's a zip car spot near my metro station but it just doesn't make sense to drive it the 5 blocks and 8 stoplights to work. Now if there were some at Dupont Circle...
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Bigguns
    There's a zip car spot near my metro station but it just doesn't make sense to drive it the 5 blocks and 8 stoplights to work. Now if there were some at Dupont Circle...
    They are growing. IPO is coming.

Short article in Fast Company on them.

its absolute bull shit that we're still spending billions on iraq, and they're sitting on as much as 60 billion?

get our money back and invest it in our own fucking country

I'd like to see it invested back into our country by giving it back to the taxpayers that are getting bilked out of it in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell
    I'd like to see it invested back into our country by giving it back to the taxpayers that are getting bilked out of it in the first place.
    Yeppers.
    C.H.U.D.

Maybe we should send the money back to China where it came from...
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Maybe we should send the money back to China where it came from...
    we send them enough money, i think

No, they've been loaning it to us for years to finance the Bush Wars. If they were to call in those debts, they could collapse our economy.

No, they've been loaning it to us for years to finance the Bush Wars. If they were to call in those debts, they could collapse our economy.
    we owe just about every country in the world a ton of money, we're really screwed someday

as to china, i ment we give them enough money already from all the products we buy from there. and by giving them all our jobs and whatnot

We owe about every country in the world a ton of money? Too funny.

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers
    Too funny and sad. Our politicians will never get the finances of this country fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by LL2
    Too funny and sad. Our politicians will never get the finances of this country fixed.
    Of course not. There is no incentive for them to do so.
    My signature has NUDITY in it...whatcha gonna do?

Quote Originally Posted by LL2
    Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers
    Buck up, that's what they said when Bush the first was in office.