Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: No more 'white lies'.....

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig
    The local party officials were wrong. They were told not to move it up or they wouldn't be counted. They ignored the DNC and now face the consequences. It's pretty damn simple.
    One thing for sure is that its not simple. I dare you to explain why its simple that New Hampshire was not punished.

There were other options to punish the party officials. Make them inelegible to attend conventions. Penalize a portion of delegates.

But we're discussing the option to reschedule the primary, nobody is challenging the rule that caused the problem.

Again, the voters in MI and FL can take it out on the local party officials come election time.
    That doesn't solve the current injustice, and its an important one. MI & FL could make a difference in who is president for the next 8 years.

Gotta follow the rules. Without rules we're just a bunch of fat, drunken, stupid, crap-flinging Bears fans.
    This is misleading. Rescheduling a voided primary is clearly within the rules. Common sense and fairness suggests the only way to fix the problem was to have a revote. And money wasn't an issue in MI, they already had enough donors.

Hillary responds to her 'misspeak' on Bosnia
    .....she claims she's only human...unlike what some people think.

Guess, I'm excempt there.......I've never considered her 'human'.

Quote Originally Posted by packinpatland
    Hillary's head is down........
    Trying to impress Bill by doing her best Monica impersonation?
    "I've got one word for you- Dallas, Texas, Super Bowl"- Jermichael Finley

Quote Originally Posted by BallHawk

No silly ......she's ducking bullets.

Quote Originally Posted by BallHawk

No silly ......she's ducking bullets.
    So was Monica.....
    "I've got one word for you- Dallas, Texas, Super Bowl"- Jermichael Finley

Hillary has a credibility issue. What a great story. Obama ought to just come out and call her a liar.

SNL should have a lot of fun with this one.

Redneck Rat HOFer Little Whiskey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell
    I think she even exaggerated in her response:

"I say a lot of things -- millions of words a day -- so if I misspoke, that was just a misstatement,"

So either she lied, or she talks way too much.
    Clinton is a female......which means she talks to much

Detroit has too large of a democratic following (ie UAW)......they will vote dem.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby
    The local party officials were wrong. They were told not to move it up or they wouldn't be counted. They ignored the DNC and now face the consequences. It's pretty damn simple.
    One thing for sure is that its not simple. I dare you to explain why its simple that New Hampshire was not punished.
    Fine, MI screwed everything up by voting that they would hold their primary on 1/15, thus forcing NH by their state law to have their primary on 1/8 (which their law states that they have to be 7 days prior to any other like primary, Iowa is excluded as that is a caucus). So the DNC is going to go after a state for following it's own laws? Given MI wouldn't budge, NH primary had to go on to follow it's own state laws. MI thought they found a loophole as they tried to bring NH down with them by using NH's own laws to force them to violate the DNC rules. The DNC recognized this and thus did not punish NH. There's no double standard here. MI willingly spat in the face of the DNC, refused to budge and now they paid the price.

Simple. Cause and effect.

Again, the voters in MI and FL can take it out on the local party officials come election time.
    That doesn't solve the current injustice, and its an important one. MI & FL could make a difference in who is president for the next 8 years.
    8 years? Last I heard there was an election 4 years from now. If they wanted to make a difference, their elected officials shouldn't have been so stupid as to go against the DNC when the penalties were laid out for them at the start. They voluntarily took themselves out of the game.
    Gotta follow the rules. Without rules we're just a bunch of fat, drunken, stupid, crap-flinging Bears fans.
    This is misleading. Rescheduling a voided primary is clearly within the rules. Common sense and fairness suggests the only way to fix the problem was to have a revote. And money wasn't an issue in MI, they already had enough donors.
    Sure they could have rescheduled, but the only option in FL was mail-ins and that's against their state law. In MI, it has to pass the legislature and they cannot come to an agreement on what to do. They sure as shit could come to one when they thought they were being cute with being an early "important" primary.

Like I said, I have no sympathy for them. Sure, the voters got hosed. But there were no surprises on what the penalties were going to be. The blame also falls on the voters that they knew the consequences and didn't force their officials to make the changes.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Little Whiskey
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell
    I think she even exaggerated in her response:

"I say a lot of things -- millions of words a day -- so if I misspoke, that was just a misstatement,"

So either she lied, or she talks way too much.
    Clinton is a female......which means she talks to much

Detroit has too large of a democratic following (ie UAW)......they will vote dem.
    Talk alot, talk too much.........just tell the truth.

The funny thing is Hillary said she made the trip because it was too dangerous for the President. So the President sends his wife and only child? ....."Hi Monica. Bill here. Come on over. I sent Hill and the little brat to Bosnia. Oh, and wear that blue dress I really like."
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman
    The funny thing is Hillary said she made the trip because it was too dangerous for the President. So the President sends his wife and only child? ....."Hi Monica. Bill here. Come on over. I sent Hill and the little brat to Bosnia. Oh, and wear that blue dress I really like."

Let's not forget that the helicopter had to make a corkscrew landing.

Let's not forget that the helicopter had to make a corkscrew landing.
    Do you women like the corkscrew landing?

It takes a village to elect an idiot.
    Who Knows? The Shadow knows!

Sleep deprivation? !

That 3 am call is starting to sound like a bit of a stretch.

When I first heard the story I thought that there had to be some explanation--some misunderstanding.

Then I saw the clip as she flat-out lied.

WTF?

Did she think we'd not have remembered if the First Lady had come under sniper fire? It would have been a huge, hairy stinking deal!

Next she'll be remembering Christmas in Cambodia.

The Democrats had the White House on a silver platter and they are steadily blowing it. Wow.

GWB never had this trouble with forgetfulness. He was pretty well drunk straight through to his thirties and simply doesn't remember a damn thing well enough to misremember it for dramatic effect. He's pretty sure he flew some jets in the Texas Air National Guard though.

Mmmmrrraaaoowwwww! Yee Haw!
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

Perhaps we've all been too fast to judge Hillary. New footage revealed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHVEDq6RVXc
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Perhaps we've all been too fast to judge Hillary. New footage revealed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHVEDq6RVXc
    That's funny!

Wasn't there a problem with a "banking institution" Hillary was involved with?
    My Two favorite teams are the Packers, and whoever plays the Vikings!

That's EXACTLY how she remembers it!

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker
    Did Harlan put you up to that?