Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: No more 'white lies'.....

As the parent of three daughters, I very much look forward to the day when the United States will have our first woman president.
    When that happens, I want that woman to be one of integrity and honesty, one that willl be the role model for furture generations of women leaders.

Sen. Clinton, today, is not that woman.

Quote Originally Posted by gex
    As the parent of a little girl I am voting for Hillary all the way. If she does not get the nod then I am voting for McCain.
    I most likely will be voting for McCain too. I am doing so because I think McCain will be an excellent president, at least until he dies.

Barack Obama is probably about #274 on my list of people who I would vote for president. But if the Dems miraculously are able to put together a Obama-Clinton ticket, I'm sticking with them. In my mind, the Obama camp accepting Clinton will show a willingness to compromise, and I suspect she will have an important role if she does take the job.

Quote Originally Posted by packinpatland
    As the parent of three daughters, I very much look forward to the day when the United States will have our first woman president.
    When that happens, I want that woman to be one of integrity and honesty, one that willl be the role model for furture generations of women leaders.

Sen. Clinton, today, is not that woman.
    You really need to find a woman to support, not just criticize the field. I think you will find any person under a heavy spot light will have warts.

You don't like Clinton or McCain, can you accept Obama?

Most people will lie under pressure, and presidential candidates are under severe, constant pressure.

When Obama was faced with his wife's "Proud of America for the very first time" controversy, he said that Michelle meant she was proud of his new style of politics. This was not true.

When confronted with the Jeremiah Wright calamity , Obama said he was unaware that Wright was saying such things in church. This is a bald-faced lie, and a substantive one. The public is interviewing Obama for a job, and rightly or wrongly they consider the political activity in Obama's church to be relevant. Interviews with people in-the-know indicate that Wright's comments were typical of that flavor of black churches. Obama was there for 20 years, he's lying.

I am not criticizing the field. And when the right woman is on the ticket I will support her 100%

As for who tells lies about what............I don't condone either one, or anyone.

Hillary simply seems to have a harder time with 'remembering' things correctly and putting them in the right context.... ie.....NAFTA, Northern Ireland, Bosnia........

Another instance that doesn't really matter but proves a point is this: After 9/11 Hillary said she couldn't contact her daugher Chelsea, was worried because she was near ground zero, hated making that phone call to Bill who was in Australia at the time.......................turns out Chelsea was in Manhattan.....the other end of Manhattan, was not slightly in harm's way......and she called her Mom.

I see all politicians stretch , embellish, hide, or simply lie about what's true.
    Hillary has a propensity to do all of the above way too much.

Apparently I'm not alone in my thinking:
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/bloomberg/20...g/an1m3y9lbyd4

Like Mother like daughter:
    http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archi...27/829226.aspx

PIP, you are passionately opposed to some politicians, but I have never seen you support anyone. Even under extreme duress, you wouldn't endorse any particular female politican.

Is Obama worthy?

What's it gonna take to get you to crack? Complaining is easy, I dare you to like somebody.

You got it. I LIKE Obama.

Do you have a crush on Obama?

Yea.........that would be the reason.

I'm just referring to the new Obama Girl video. Don't get all feminist on me. And it's OK if you have an attraction, I think about Hillary every night.

"I think about Hillary every night."

You've just removed all doubt that I had left................you are a sick puppy.

Clinton is showing that side this week. At events in Pennsylvania, Washington and North Carolina, she touched on her courtship with husband Bill, loans she took out as a law school student, her late father's efforts to find cheap gasoline and a trip she made to the emergency room as a young child.

In a speech on Monday outlining her proposals to curb the U.S. housing crisis, Clinton told an audience in Philadelphia about the former president's purchase of their first house.

"I remember like it was yesterday when Bill bought our first home," she said.

"It was back in 1975 and we were living in Arkansas and teaching at the university there in the law school. We weren't yet married -- though not for lack of asking on Bill's part."

"Remember it like yesterday"............this from a woman who remembers corkscrew landings and sniper fire.............

I'm sorry for my contiunal 'harping' on Hillary......it's just too hard not to.

Clinton is showing that side this week. At events in Pennsylvania, Washington and North Carolina, she touched on her courtship with husband Bill, loans she took out as a law school student, her late father's efforts to find cheap gasoline and a trip she made to the emergency room as a young child.

In a speech on Monday outlining her proposals to curb the U.S. housing crisis, Clinton told an audience in Philadelphia about the former president's purchase of their first house.

"I remember like it was yesterday when Bill bought our first home," she said.

"It was back in 1975 and we were living in Arkansas and teaching at the university there in the law school. We weren't yet married -- though not for lack of asking on Bill's part."

"Remember it like yesterday"............this from a woman who remembers corkscrew landings and sniper fire.............

I'm sorry for my contiunal 'harping' on Hillary......it's just too hard not to.
    Give it a rest. Or should we start up with a 72 year old who can't differentiate tween sunnis and shites.

Or a former president who uttered I can't recall...i don't know..somewhere in the hundreds.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Bigguns
    Or a former president who uttered I can't recall...i don't know..somewhere in the hundreds.
    You leave Bill out of this!
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

As the parent of three daughters, I very much look forward to the day when the United States will ............

I thought you were going to say "find a cure for PMS".

Quote Originally Posted by gex
    As a little girl I am voting for Hillary all the way.
    Who Knows? The Shadow knows!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell
    As the parent of three daughters, I very much look forward to the day when the United States will ............

I thought you were going to say "find a cure for PMS".
    ............and that too.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    I am not criticizing the field. And when the right woman is on the ticket I will support her 100%

As for who tells lies about what............I don't condone either one, or anyone.

Hillary simply seems to have a harder time with 'remembering' things correctly and putting them in the right context.... ie.....NAFTA, Northern Ireland, Bosnia........

Another instance that doesn't really matter but proves a point is this: After 9/11 Hillary said she couldn't contact her daugher Chelsea, was worried because she was near ground zero, hated making that phone call to Bill who was in Australia at the time.......................turns out Chelsea was in Manhattan.....the other end of Manhattan, was not slightly in harm's way......and she called her Mom.

I see all politicians stretch , embellish, hide, or simply lie about what's true.

My mother is the same way as you, but she is a staunch republican who says very nasty, nasty things about Hilary.

I don't like H. Clinton, but if I was a woman, I think I couldn't resist voting for her, I guess you are not a feminist, go make you husband a Turkey Pot Pie!

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz

My mother is the same way as you, but she is a staunch republican who says very nasty, nasty things about Hilary.

I don't like H. Clinton, but if I was a woman, I think I couldn't resist voting for her, I guess you are not a feminist, go make you husband a Turkey Pot Pie!

I'm a staunch INDEPENDENT!

And when the right woman runs for president, she'll get my vote.
    I've never made a Turkey Pot Pie..........got a good recipe?

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Isn't any woman the right woman, considering there hasn't been one yet? I am no woman so I don't have to vote for her, but really, you might get a better wage if she takes second to McCain.

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz
    Isn't any woman the right woman, considering there hasn't been one yet? I am no woman so I don't have to vote for her, but really, you might get a better wage if she takes second to McCain.
    No, because if it's the wrong woman, she might be as stupid as George (though that's a stretch) and if she is, then the men will use that as a reason to justify not ever voting for a woman again even if the next female candidate IS the right one.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings