Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Youngest Self Made Billionairre?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Youngest Self Made Billionairre?

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I was reading an article last week (cant find it right now) about this guy and several other young millionaries. Very impressive. Makes me feel like a total loser. Did you see the hot chick this geek is with?

Partial - These guys are who you should want to be.

? HOFer
    Hopefully someday. I've got a few ideas up my sleeve. If I were Mark Z, I'd have sold the site by now and gotten out. Seems like a pain in the rear and you've already got more money than you'll ever need.

Maybe he likes it.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Partial
    Seems like a pain in the rear and you've already got more money than you'll ever need.
    With that attitude you will never make it. Thats like as drug dealer saying he wants to stop selling because too many people want his product.

I agree with P. Sites generally tend to come and go. If he can find someone to pay 1.5B for that site, sell it and start something else.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Guys like this are wired differently. I'm not surprised he didn't sell. He's a super genius who is proud of his creation and wants it done his way.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool
    I agree with P. Sites generally tend to come and go. If he can find someone to pay 1.5B for that site, sell it and start something else.
    I agree with this. You have to evaluate if the site has reached it's potential. Mark Cuban got out at the right time, I think he sold Broadcast.com, and is now a billionaire for life. Zuckerman can still invest that 1.5 billion and make himeself infinitely wealthier. Say he invested that $1.5 B and average a 20% return a year his wealth would grow to $3,732,480,000 in 5 years. He would only be 28 years old. He could pass up Bill Gates and Warren Buffet before he's even 40 years old. Of course all of this is hypothetical, but still possible.

Blog Entries
    I agree with P.
    Think carefully about what you are saying.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LL2
    I agree with this. You have to evaluate if the site has reached it's potential. Mark Cuban got out at the right time, I think he sold Broadcast.com, and is now a billionaire for life. Zuckerman can still invest that 1.5 billion and make himeself infinitely wealthier. Say he invested that $1.5 B and average a 20% return a year his wealth would grow to $3,732,480,000 in 5 years. He would only be 28 years old. He could pass up Bill Gates and Warren Buffet before he's even 40 years old. Of course all of this is hypothetical, but still possible.
    He could then buy the Bucks, and we'd at least have a rich owner who has some passion and is still alive. I believe Herb died years ago and he is kept moving by a complex system of pullies and levers.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

? HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1
    Guys like this are wired differently. I'm not surprised he didn't sell. He's a super genius who is proud of his creation and wants it done his way.
    He won't feel that way in a year or two when its no longer the big thing and people are on the next FB. You gotta play the dollar when its hot. Get in, get off, get out. That my theory.

[quote="Partial"]
    Get in, get off, get out. That my theory.
    Strangely, that works for women as well.

He won't feel that way in a year or two when its no longer the big thing and people are on the next FB. You gotta play the dollar when its hot. Get in, get off, get out. That my theory.
    Yeah but the guy has giraffe money. When I say that I mean he has enough money to inquire about the price of a giraffe. When you have virtually unlimited money, it might not be worth it to unload your baby for more.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Bigguns
    Get in, get off, get out. That my theory.
    Strangely, that works for women as well.
    fixed

? HOFer
    Yeah but the guy has giraffe money. When I say that I mean he has enough money to inquire about the price of a giraffe. When you have virtually unlimited money, it might not be worth it to unload your baby for more.
    giraffe money. I like that.

I'd sell just to get some cash. The vast bulk of his worth is tied up in his business. Until he banks that coin, it ain't liquid. That is why he started selling off chunks to Microsoft.

$1B for a simple idea is crazy. Don't be like the greedy SOBs on Weakest Link. Bank that coin!
    My signature has NUDITY in it...whatcha gonna do?

I'm sure as a young dork, he's probably afraid that once he sells his hot commodity, he'll become irrelevant, like he was not too long ago, and poof, there goes all his attention. He is literally and figuratively at the center of one of the largest social networks on earth. For a geek that's been ignored his whole life (judging from his pallid complexion and computer guy hair), that's got to be hard to give up, even if it is for obscene GP. All the GP in the world won't be able to buy him back the Charisma Points his website's earning him right now.

? HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket
    I'm sure as a young dork, he's probably afraid that once he sells his hot commodity, he'll become irrelevant, like he was not too long ago, and poof, there goes all his attention. He is literally and figuratively at the center of one of the largest social networks on earth. For a geek that's been ignored his whole life (judging from his pallid complexion and computer guy hair), that's got to be hard to give up, even if it is for obscene GP. All the GP in the world won't be able to buy him back the Charisma Points his website's earning him right now.
    I bet that dude boned far more chicks than you before you were married. That is crazy talk to imply someone is a dork based off how you look. You have the stereotypical nerd look down to a T and you're calling somebody else out on it?

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket
    I bet that dude boned far more chicks than you before you were married. That is crazy talk to imply someone is a dork based off how you look. You have the stereotypical nerd look down to a T and you're calling somebody else out on it?
    Lol. Wouldn't that make him more qualified to call him out on it?