Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Band (s)

Lithiumm Fix. Interesting band.. I'm the guy with long hair...... The one hit wonders or the wonder If's.. There all my Fav's...

Quote Originally Posted by swede
    OMG Harv,

I always thought you were an old dude. You are such a knowledgeable and calm poster who only very occasionally gets pissed off or drawn into nonsense. A grown up's grown up. Now I discover you are just a knowledgeable and calm not-so-old dude.

Will wonders never cease.
    Too funny! Thanks! Are you old or young? I envisioned you as an older dude because of the name.

My wife is of Swedish descent. She studied in Sweden for 6 months while in college. She really likes the Swedish hockey players (Forsberg, Naslund). But not for their hockey skills.

In no particular order, these are my favorite bands.

Dropkick Murphys
    Rancid
    Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band
    Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
    Dream Theatre
    Metallica (pre-1991)
    Bad Company
    Rob Zombie
    Sheryl Crow
    Queensryche
    "What's one more torpedo in a sinking ship?"
    Lynn Dickey, 1984

"Never apologize, mister. It's a sign of weakness."
    John Wayne, "She Wore a Yellow Ribbon"

Senior Rat All-Pro jack's smirking revenge's Avatar
    K-Town, have you heard any stuff of of Mindcrime2? I'm a huge Q-ryche fan too, but I haven't been able to tolerate their last couple albums because of Geoff Tate's vocal decay. The couple songs I heard off Mindcrime2 sound bad. Interested if you've heard any stuff off of it.

tyler
    Receive thy new Possessor: One who brings
    A mind not to be chang'd by Place or Time.
    The mind is its own place, and in it self
    Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n.

"Paradise Lost"-John Milton

Senior Rat Veteran billy_oliver880's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by K-town
    Metallica (pre-1991)
    Word.

That goes for Green Day as well....what is this crap they are putting out these days...nothing like the stuff they were singing in the 90s.

Once Metallica chopped their hair, it was all over. Not simply because of the hair, but because they thought they could be cute and trendy. "Load" and "Re-load" are loads of crap. "Master of Puppets", "Ride The Lightning" and "And Justice For All...." (mainly Justice) is the Metallica that I know and love. (There were a couple decent songs on the black album, but few).

tyler

Not much of a metalhead. Bad Company is great. I do like Josh Groban, though. And I have to admit, the Shrek soundtrack is not mine, but it is GREAT cleaning music, as is some of the old club music. Brings back memories too. Like I just remembered New Order.

And Jack, would you please check your pm again. I think I'm going to need a total rewrite or maybe I was just tired and it's fine. I don't know. So tell me.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Redneck Rat HOFer Little Whiskey's Avatar
    kinda funny how successful bands are the ones putting out crap. i never understood that way of thinking. Its one thing to say you don't like it. but don't say all the stuff on the radio is crap. just like stuff that doesn't make it to the radio is not all crap. a lot of "nobodies" are just trying to get their break.
    nobody makes me buy a CD. I do it on my own. If i like their music enough, I buy. I don't think anyone would call Willie Nelson a conformist, yet he has had some hits.

How's rehab coming, Whiskey?
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

thanks for asking zig, i alway knew you cared.
    well, this morning was pretty rough. i haven't had "the juice" in over 24 hours. i almost fell asleep behind the wheel and tried to fight a Semi. I didn't think i'd win so i backed down and got back in my lane. the headaches are terrible and my coworker is currently working on removing his computer from his nether regions. he still couldn't leave kenseth alone. he also thru a jab at the packers and favre as well. but other than that i have been doing well. i'm trying to stay out of the cocaine thread since i know it will try to tempt me back to the dark side.

Fight on, Dude!

Quote Originally Posted by Little Whiskey
    i haven't had "the juice" in over 24 hours.
    Well, they say the first 24 hrs is the hardest...

At least your co-workers aren't throwing cans at you as you walk by (a la the Barry Bonds syringe treatment).

well since his lower orifice is currently housing his computer. I'd have to shove that can up his nose, if he tried that!

Quote Originally Posted by jacks smirking revenge
    K-Town, have you heard any stuff of of Mindcrime2? I'm a huge Q-ryche fan too, but I haven't been able to tolerate their last couple albums because of Geoff Tate's vocal decay. The couple songs I heard off Mindcrime2 sound bad. Interested if you've heard any stuff off of it.

tyler
    What little I've heard sounds BAD...rehashed and kind of lifeless. I stopped buying their stuff right around Queensryche2000. Actually, I got rid of everything after Empire. In their day, noone was better. Now it's mostly Dream Theatre. And oh, how could I forget Savatage? Dead Winter Dead - love it. Christmas Eve, Sarajevo - great tune.
    "What's one more torpedo in a sinking ship?"
    Lynn Dickey, 1984

"Never apologize, mister. It's a sign of weakness."
    John Wayne, "She Wore a Yellow Ribbon"

Which brings us right back to the TSO that I mentioned in the other thread. Awesome, complex music. And I remembered it was Daryl Pediford that did such spectacular vocals.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Here is my top ten in no specific order

Beatles, What cant you say about he Beatles, best song writing ever. The greatest band that has ever graced this Earth.

Johnny Cash, Made simple sound so wonderful. His late American Recordings were unbelievable, so good that you listen and cry at the same time.

Toby Keith, He has brought back outlaw country. He is cut out of the mold of Walyon and Nelson and Merle. He has a fuck you attitude to those that try to hold him back, and all he does is produce music that people beg to hear.

Dwight Yokam, You can't get no more hillbilly than Dwight. The funny thing is, everything he has produced has come out of California, and he has given a big finger to Nashville. He has been going for close to 25 years and he gives one hell of a performance, his voice and sound just draw you to his albums

Willie Nelson, I will be honest, I didn't grow up listening to Willie, instead I grew up listening to other greats like Kenny Rogers and Neil Diamond, but I got turned onto Willie in the 90s by a buddy of mine, and there is no better story teller in Country music. His soft sound just kinda makes you sway back and forth.

Neil Diamond, Hit after hit, and song after song whats not to like? Talk about a great performer. I am 27 years old and went to a Neil concert about 10 years ago and was just floored by the energy of this man. His song writting is damn near legendary.

Too Short, Short was rapping since the early 80's as he likes to remind us of in his lyrics. Some of his shit is just bust a gut funny like Blow Job Betty and Cocktails.

Tupac, revolutionized gansta rap and made all of us white kids shave our heads and get Thug tatooed on our abs. His music almost put you in the ghetto. Very few come around like Pac and it was a shame but also not suprising that he was taken at only 26 years old. It will be ten years this September.

NWA, talk about making an impact! Nobody had ever heard such crude and violent lyrics until NWA blew us a way in the late 80s with the original Gangsta shit. If Boyz in the Hood isn't the pledge for hip hop I don't know what is.

AC/DC, Last but not least, I have probably listened to AC/DC more times than my eardrums care to remember. But AC/DC LIVE album went through my Discman over close to 100 times before every football game that I played. No music probably has a stronger hold on my soul then AC/DC, because of its close connection to the sport I love. Hell even coaching I want to blast Highway to Hell, and Shoot to Thrill before the game.

Outside of Too Short, I like your list Nutz. I prefer Waylon over Willie. I'm a fan of Dwight Yoakam also--the Bakersfield sound.

Dwight Yokam was cool in "Sling Blade".

tyler

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    I'm new school. Heres my list for anyone who cares:

Coldplay
    Snow Patrol
    The Verve
    Athlete
    Keane
    Norah Jones
    Lindsey Lohan
    Eminem
    50 Cents
    Foo Fighters
    Rage Against the Machine/Audioslave
    Matchbox 20
    Everclear
    U2
    Ja Rule

Nutz, i like your list. Even the Too $hort (correct spelling) entry. I've been thinking that Too $hort's Cusswords should be the sites Theme song. "I bust a nut and killed the bitch" you can see the deeper side of Mr. Shaw. He shows serious remorse for his actions! Blowjob Betty is hilarious!!

I'd have to add GNR to you list as well. I think they changed the way people looked at "Hair Bands"

so jack is my color starting to fade a bit??