Thread: The moment of truth

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar

The moment of truth

I saw this show for the first time last night and I am shocked. Has anyone seen it? Its a controversial idea but I have to admit it does make for some awesome TV.

What do you guys think?
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

It's more of the same. Trotting out shamelessly empty souls to the delight of prime time audiences. It makes us all feel better about ourselves to see shitty human beings. Occasionally they throw in the "feel good" contestant who lives the honest life and loves his family and everyone says, "Awwwww. How nice. Now where's the next freak show!?"
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

It's programing like that that shows just how low we have sunk as a society.
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out
    It's programing like that that shows just how low we have sunk as a society.
    Isn't that more demonstrated by the availability of freak show contestants?
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

people that go on that show should just be dragged out into the street and shot for being too stupid to be part of society

Quote Originally Posted by red
    people that go on that show should just be dragged out into the street and shot for being too stupid to be part of society
    This is the real mystery. Unless you have absolutely nothing to lose, this show will damage your life and the thing is, the more you're willing to destroy your family/marriage/relationship then the more likely it is that you'll bomb one of the questions from the lie detector. There is still an element of luck as a lie detector isn't an exact thing.

yup. like the lady that ruined her marriage and life and then blew the question asking if she thought she was a good person

and i think they have to answer questions before hand anyways so that the people on the show know what to ask. so they know what questions are coming. they know their lives are over. but they still do it for money

these people are whores

These people looking for their " 15 minutes of fame" often end up with "15 minutes of shame," IMO.

? HOFer
    Anyone who would sacrifice their family for cash is sick. This shit should not be on tv.

I can't say theres been a show ever that has made America legitimately hate complete strangers before though.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The phony outrage on this thread makes me wanna puke!

First off, if you all are so damn offended you wouldn't have watched it. Second is that most of the crap they confess was likely known or suspected by the family member they are hurting. I actually think this all these lies being revealed to them is probably better for them anyways.

Good Points, Madtown.

I don't care for "reality" shows in general. All of them, indeed, are much more of a freak show than a cross section of American normalcy. All I've seen of this Moment of Truth thing are the ads and previews that were on. As you say, though, undoubtedly most of the "shocking revelations" are mostly old news to the relevant acquaintances.

The bottom line, though, is that the "damned fools" on the show are extremely well paid--laughing all the way to the bank.

the bottom line is the show sucks! the premise may be interesting and controversial, but its just not worth watching...
    Busting drunk drivers in Antarctica since 2006

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker
    First off, if you all are so damn offended you wouldn't have watched it.
    Don't tell me you don't watch Best Week Ever on VH1. It is required viewing and makes you smarter.

Fuck you Packerrats.com! I'll make a fucking post whenever I fucking want to! Tell me I can't make an edit so soon? Go fuck your mamma!

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket
    Fuck you Packerrats.com! I'll make a fucking post whenever I fucking want to! Tell me I can't make an edit so soon? Go fuck your mamma!
    The forum made you it's bitch for 15 seconds.

Fake
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

The show is fake...everything about it is fake.