On his radio show, former Green Bay Packers tight end Mark Chmura criticized Packers quarterback Brett Favre for failing to make up his mind about retirement, suggesting that Favre is selfish and hypocritical.

Chmura also said his estranged friend did not call him once during the 10-month period from when Chmura was accused of sexual assault (April 2000) to the end of the trial (Feb. 2001). Chmura was tried for sexual assault and acquitted.

Chmura made his comments Sunday morning on WAUK-AM (1510), the "Miller Lite Football Show," which he co-hosted with Craig Karmazin.

"People who don't think that it's all about him are fooling themselves," said Chmura, referring to Favre not yet making known his plans to return next season or retire. "With a quote like, 'What are they going to do, cut me?' It's all about him."

Chmura played for the Packers between 1993-'99. Chmura, Favre and center Frank Winters were referred to as the "Three Amigos" because they spent much time off the field together.

Chmura said Favre is hurting the Packers' organization by not letting them know what he is going to do.

"Where it's hypocritical, is he's very critical of Javon Walker and he's not a team player, you know he (Walker) doesn't care about the team," Chmura said. "Well, what is he (Favre) doing now? I mean does he think this is the best thing possible for the team? I mean, they have one quarterback on the roster who they like, who hasn't even started one NFL game. They have to know."

Chmura said Favre is stringing the Packers along by not making up his mind.

"These quotes are 'I am better than the game,'" Chmura said. 'I will make my decision when I want, and Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy aren't going to tell me what to do,'" Chmura said, referring to the Packers' general manager and head coach.

Chmura said if Favre returns it will be for the money.

"He had the other quote in the newspaper saying if he comes back this is 'definitely his last year,'" Chmura said. "Well, the Packers aren't going to the Super Bowl. They aren't close to the Super Bowl. I think if they keep going in the direction they are they can go 8-8, 9-7. Why come back? Why, if not for the money?"

Chmura said Favre did not support him during his trial.

"He's a selfish guy," Chmura said. "He's a very selfish guy. And what people don't know, I'm not going to say this to throw the guy under the bus, but this is a guy from my arrest to my acquittal never called me one time."

Chmura said he received more calls of support from Packers old timers, like Fuzzy Thurston, Jerry Kramer and Ron Kramer.

Interesting comments. Not a lot of love lost between these two.