Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Chewy is out of the hottub, and slinging mud.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Chewy is out of the hottub, and slinging mud.

Has anyone heard the comments this jerk made on the espnmilwaukee station? Unbelievable.

I'm not in Milwaukee. Fill me in.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

cant wait to hear this...... a week or so ago he was saying how switching from machine weights to free weights is going to be a mistake because free weights put too much stress on joints.

This must be something even better than that.

What did he say?

I love Chmura - the entertainment value he provides, that is. If Chewy making a character attack on another player isn't funny, I don't know what is....after all, he was (is?) the embodiment of "selfish."

I'm not sure if he realizes it, but the only reason anyone listens to him is 'cause we are all waiting for him to slip up. Everybody knows he is not friends w/ Favre anymore and provides no real insight.

But keep talking, Chewy. Every time you do, I picture you in your orange jumpsuit and laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by FavreChild
    .....But keep talking, Chewy. Every time you do, I picture you in your orange jumpsuit and laugh.
    LMAO

On his radio show, former Green Bay Packers tight end Mark Chmura criticized Packers quarterback Brett Favre for failing to make up his mind about retirement, suggesting that Favre is selfish and hypocritical.

Chmura also said his estranged friend did not call him once during the 10-month period from when Chmura was accused of sexual assault (April 2000) to the end of the trial (Feb. 2001). Chmura was tried for sexual assault and acquitted.

Chmura made his comments Sunday morning on WAUK-AM (1510), the "Miller Lite Football Show," which he co-hosted with Craig Karmazin.

"People who don't think that it's all about him are fooling themselves," said Chmura, referring to Favre not yet making known his plans to return next season or retire. "With a quote like, 'What are they going to do, cut me?' It's all about him."

Chmura played for the Packers between 1993-'99. Chmura, Favre and center Frank Winters were referred to as the "Three Amigos" because they spent much time off the field together.

Chmura said Favre is hurting the Packers' organization by not letting them know what he is going to do.

"Where it's hypocritical, is he's very critical of Javon Walker and he's not a team player, you know he (Walker) doesn't care about the team," Chmura said. "Well, what is he (Favre) doing now? I mean does he think this is the best thing possible for the team? I mean, they have one quarterback on the roster who they like, who hasn't even started one NFL game. They have to know."

Chmura said Favre is stringing the Packers along by not making up his mind.

"These quotes are 'I am better than the game,'" Chmura said. 'I will make my decision when I want, and Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy aren't going to tell me what to do,'" Chmura said, referring to the Packers' general manager and head coach.

Chmura said if Favre returns it will be for the money.

"He had the other quote in the newspaper saying if he comes back this is 'definitely his last year,'" Chmura said. "Well, the Packers aren't going to the Super Bowl. They aren't close to the Super Bowl. I think if they keep going in the direction they are they can go 8-8, 9-7. Why come back? Why, if not for the money?"

Chmura said Favre did not support him during his trial.

"He's a selfish guy," Chmura said. "He's a very selfish guy. And what people don't know, I'm not going to say this to throw the guy under the bus, but this is a guy from my arrest to my acquittal never called me one time."

Chmura said he received more calls of support from Packers old timers, like Fuzzy Thurston, Jerry Kramer and Ron Kramer.

Interesting comments. Not a lot of love lost between these two.

Quote Originally Posted by packinator
    On his radio show, former Green Bay Packers tight end Mark Chmura criticized Packers quarterback Brett Favre for failing to make up his mind about retirement, suggesting that Favre is selfish and hypocritical.
    Hypocritical?? Oh, you mean like appearing in a United Way commercial with your family and refusing to go to the While House with that "philanderer" Clinton in office - all while you're hottubbing it with a teenybopper (and more)?

Mark - we are all LAUGHING AT YOU.

I knew you'd take care of that for me and better than I could do it.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

I heard Chmura last summer. He was spot-on in most of his analysis of the team.

I think Chmura is very fun to hear. Like Don Majkowski, he just tells you what he thinks, doesn't sugar coat. I respect the opinions of both those guys.

There's a lot of truth to what Chewy is saying about what Brett is doing this offseason. However, I don't understand why Brett gets all the negative pub when this has happened with other players when they retired in the past. Elway retired in May. When did Barry Sanders announce his retirement? How about Robert Smith? I can't blame a guy for making sure he is committed. However, Favre should keep his trap shut about some of these things because it makes the team look bad, and it doesn't give his teammates a lot of confidence in what the front office is doing.

Comparing him to Walker, though, was stupid. It's not the same thing IMO.

Either way, the rest of the team will be watching what the front office does with Walker more than Favre, I would think.

The only people who would bite on that garbage are the same people who love that garbage.

Lets take it to the Jerry Springer Show next .

By all means for that comment to " what are they going to do if I don't give my response, by whenever - cut me ? " Good gracious that was BAD, so, lets just start a petition to keep Favre out of the HOF for that . What a pile of garbage.

Mark Chumura or Brett Favre?
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

The fact that Chmura had to go off-topic to mention that Favre didn't call him during his trial situation is all the evidence I need to know that Chmura's feelings are merely sour grapes. He's holding a grudge. He's looking for ways to stick it to Favre's image. That's all this is. These are stupid comments from a guy who pissed away his life.

The difference between Favre and Chmura is that Favre stopped before he ended up in a hot-tub with some teenage girl. Chmura rode the highway to hell and didn't exit. Favre got off before it was too late. Now, people love Favre and hate Chmura. That's all this is about. Both guys did simlar things (drinking and partying) and now people hate Chmura while loving Favre and Chmura can't take it.

I can't even let this rest....

Chmura is accusing Favre of being egotistical and selfish?

This is the same guy who, according to the police reports, the morning in which the young girl accused him of rape the police went to his house to make their initial inquiry..... This is the same guy that sat on the couch without a shirt on, flexing and feeling his muscles as he waited for the cops to do their search.

But it's Favre that's the arrogant one? It's all about him?

He's getting his 15 minutes isn't he?

The fact that no other team picked him up after his 'unfortunate incident'
    says that just maybe he was good, but only because Favre made him look good.

Sour grapes, pure and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by packinpatland
    He's getting his 15 minutes isn't he?

The fact that no other team picked him up after his 'unfortunate incident'
    says that just maybe he was good, but only because Favre made him look good.

Sour grapes, pure and simple.
    I agree with you up to the point of saying he wasn't good. Chmura was great and I"m sure Favre had alot to do with that but he was a good player. I wont take that from him. He just turned out to be a piece of sleeze off the field.

Oh.......................ok. Guess I'm just pissed off.

I don't think Favre and Chewy have been good friends ever since the 96 season... Favre turned his life around - from the drinking, partying and pain killers, to go sober and marry Deanna, while Chewy well we all know the story... I believe Keith Jackson became more of a target than chewy in 96... although 97 chewy was back in the pro-bowl, although a little more seperation on that 4th and 6 play in SB32 he might of had a chance to catch it.....

Cliff Christl has it right that Favre owes nobody anything. He's obviously not pleased with Ted Thompson's player moves, either last year or this.

It's been mentioned that it would be easier to sign free agents if Favre said he'd return, well, name one.

Vinatieri? Why would he care? What other FA's did we lose out on? the DT who went to Jacksonville? I can't remember one where it would have been an issue.

So, other than the draft.. what does if affect? Should the Packers have signed a veteran backup for Rodgers? That's the only thing I can think of.

Just a slightly different slant on Favres returning. It seems pretty clear he would like to play again. If the team doesn't make the changes and he doesn't come back it will save the Packers 10+ million. If the changes aren't good enough and he feels we would have a losing season isn't he doing the Packers a favor by saving them money? If we can't win we may as well save the money.

Man I just read that back and I'm not even sure what the hell I meant for sure. It seemed good when I started, but now I'm not so sure. The jist of it was I don't want him to come back just to come back.
    Doughnuts, is there anything they can't do?

Formerly known as Pack4ever