Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: "A tradition unlike any other...."

SHUT THE FUCK UP TIRICO, AND SHOW THE GOLFING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they've been live for 10 minutes and we've seen 3 shots

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Golf on TV? Well isn't that just zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Tiger is failing. He put too much pressure on himself with talk of the Grand Slam. He is taking it way to serious, he needs to relax, he might not get the chance

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz
    Tiger is failing. He put too much pressure on himself with talk of the Grand Slam. He is taking it way to serious, he needs to relax, he might not get the chance
    The media is sad. I'm soon expecting Tirico to blow a foghorn during every other player's shot to give Tiger a boost.
    "I've got one word for you- Dallas, Texas, Super Bowl"- Jermichael Finley

I enjoy how quiet and still everything is at Augusta.

I enjoy how quiet and still everything is at Augusta.
    it allows for lots of nap time in the chair

golf has been on for almost 2 hours, and i've gotten almost an hour and a half of sleep

I love to root against Tiger. Will he make his run today??

Some rain predicted for Augusta. Maybe that's good - the azaleas need to be watered.

Quote Originally Posted by FavreChild
    I love to root against Tiger. Will he make his run today??

Some rain predicted for Augusta. Maybe that's good - the azaleas need to be watered.
    tiger really hasn't showed me anything yet to make me think he can make a run

well, looks like tiger is making a bit of a move

he needs to get to maybe 5 under i think today. then let the winds later wreak havoc on the leaders still out there

then he would have a chance

these guys need to be tearing it up right now

how's a tiger-phil sunday pairing sound?

You have to hand it to Immelman - he pretty much led the tourney from wire to wire. Quite impressive.

But I guess that makes for a boring tournament for most viewers. (Lack of drama.)

Tiger couldn't putt. He was really good off the tee and he hit what I would call good second shots, but he was missing 5 footers for birdies and pars, when does he ever do that? He putted this way in the last tournament that he played as well.

Quote Originally Posted by FavreChild
    You have to hand it to Immelman - he pretty much led the tourney from wire to wire. Quite impressive.

But I guess that makes for a boring tournament for most viewers. (Lack of drama.)
    i would say immelman choked less then everyone else yesterday, thats why he one

seriously, that was some bad golf all around

Tiger was just off. I wouldn't say he played as well as he thinks he did. He did get great fortune hitting into the trees at least three times, and luckily being able to have a shot out of the woods all three of those times. His driver was wild at times. He was good with the irons, but even that failed him at times on Sunday. His putting was bad. Mickelson had a similar tournament. I saw him miss a half dozen putts on Saturday and Sunday by inches. He also had one really unlucky hole where he hit a beautiful shot that hopped, hit the flagstick, and rolled off the green. Instead of getting a birdie, he ended up with a bogey. That's the way golf at the Masters goes--especially when there are 30 MPH winds. Immelman wasn't gifted the tournament. He played great golf, and a bad shot on 16 on Sunday masked his true dominance. I was happy for the guy after hearing his story. He seems like a solid guy. It was pretty funny when his kid was having his meltdown while Immelman was signing his scorecard on Sunday. Anybody with kids has seen that before.

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers
    Tiger was just off. I wouldn't say he played as well as he thinks he did. He did get great fortune hitting into the trees at least three times, and luckily being able to have a shot out of the woods all three of those times. His driver was wild at times. He was good with the irons, but even that failed him at times on Sunday. His putting was bad. Mickelson had a similar tournament. I saw him miss a half dozen putts on Saturday and Sunday by inches. He also had one really unlucky hole where he hit a beautiful shot that hopped, hit the flagstick, and rolled off the green. Instead of getting a birdie, he ended up with a bogey. That's the way golf at the Masters goes--especially when there are 30 MPH winds. Immelman wasn't gifted the tournament. He played great golf, and a bad shot on 16 on Sunday masked his true dominance. I was happy for the guy after hearing his story. He seems like a solid guy. It was pretty funny when his kid was having his meltdown while Immelman was signing his scorecard on Sunday. Anybody with kids has seen that before.
    What hurt Tiger the most was his putting, plain and simple. Tiger scrambles with the best of them because he is money from 6 feet and in. That wasn't the case this whole week. He couldn't buy a putt. I don't think he made a putt from 12 feet or further. It just wasn't Tiger-like on the greens.

What hurt Tiger the most was his putting, plain and simple. Tiger scrambles with the best of them because he is money from 6 feet and in. That wasn't the case this whole week. He couldn't buy a putt. I don't think he made a putt from 12 feet or further. It just wasn't Tiger-like on the greens.
    His putter did stink. I think I remember him making one long bomb and he also chipped one in, but normally he has a few bombs--usually at key times.