I thought about putting this in the who's gonna start at QB thread, but decided to start a new thread about it.

Does anybody have any insight or inside info as to whether Tom Clements is anything special as a QB Coach? Having two supposedly high potential rookies behind a young first year starter at QB sort of makes that a significant matter.

Specifically, was Clements mainly just a sounding board and companion for Brett Favre? Or is he known to be a technician and teacher who can fine tune the form of the youngsters and acclimate them to the NFL?

I'd like to think positive about this, but I know Clements had little or no NFL career of his own.

I also know that McCarthy had a rep for doing a good job with young QBs, but I doubt he will be able to devote much time to that relatively narrow aspect of head coaching.

Having these three, particularly the two rookies learn and develop side by side would seem to be a golden opportunity. If nothing else, we have two excellent pieces of future trade bait--assuming their potential is as good as advertized and there is a decent QB Coach to oversee things.