Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Deputy Nutz - Jeremiah Wright connection

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby
    Quote Originally Posted by red
    she should have quit 2 months ago
    your arrogance, so characteristic of the whole Obama movement, may very well be the downfall of Obama next fall.
    the numbers showed two months ago that it was next to impossible for her to win. maybe it was a month ago, but for a long time the numbers just didn't show that she had any chance to win. she would have had to win like 70% of the rest of the delegates. and thats just not going to happen

the republicans win one primary, and the next one they lose, they quit. they figured it out. why can't she?

She really needs to step down now. Anything more, at this point, is bad for the party.
    "I've got one word for you- Dallas, Texas, Super Bowl"- Jermichael Finley

Obama's gonna take Indiana as well, I have a feeling. Yeah, Hillary's goose be cooked. Harlan, you speak of burning bridges now, but I predict you will feel somewhat differently come November. Maybe not, but a strong hunch.

the numbers showed two months ago that it was next to impossible for her to win. maybe it was a month ago, but for a long time the numbers just didn't show that she had any chance to win. she would have had to win like 70% of the rest of the delegates. and thats just not going to happen
    you have bought into the Obama spinners. They discount FL & MI, and promoted the misconception that the Super Delegates had to follow the pledge delegates. Both sleazy tactics, in my opinion.

She had a small but real chance at nomination. Had she won NC today, she would have been right in the thick of it.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier
    Obama's gonna take Indiana as well, I have a feeling. Yeah, Hillary's goose be cooked. Harlan, you speak of burning bridges now, but I predict you will feel somewhat differently come November. Maybe not, but a strong hunch.
    i think she'll win the state. looking at the hard numbers i'm not sure if obama can make up the whole difference of 40,000 votes

but he might be able to close the gap to 49-51 or even a split

Quote Originally Posted by BallHawk
    She really needs to step down now. Anything more, at this point, is bad for the party.
    nah, nothing wrong with continuing the campaign. But the atmosphere will be different, it really is more of a formality, a chance for remaining voters to be heard.

i think she'll win the state. looking at the hard numbers i'm not sure if obama can make up the whole difference of 40,000 votes

but he might be able to close the gap to 49-51 or even a split
    The counties that remain to be counted are going to go fairly heavily for Obama. I'm not saying he has it won, just that her lead in IN is far from insurmountable with a full quarter of the state's vote still to count.

They discount FL & MI, and promoted the misconception that the Super Delegates had to follow the pledge delegates. Both sleazy tactics, in my opinion.
    Ok, if you wanna use Florida, fine, but his name wasn't even on the ballot in Michigan. Explain how it is then fair to count those votes.

I truly don't know what I'm going to do. I really want to vote for McCain. But there are long term issues like health care that make it a tough moral choice.

I think Obama could actually be positive for the IRaq situation, I don't have a problem with a timetable for withdrawal as long as it is long enough. But I do worry about spoiling the progess we're making.

My main problem with Obama is Obamamania, and the narrow-minded people on the left promoting him.

nah, nothing wrong with continuing the campaign. But the atmosphere will be different, it really is more of a formality, a chance for remaining voters to be heard.
    Yes, there is something wrong, it continues to force Obama to focus on the nomination process and continues the badmouthing back and forth. Obama needs to get this nomination locked up and hide away for a week. Then he'll come back and be ready to go against McCain.

you have bought into the Obama spinners. They discount FL & MI, and promoted the misconception that the Super Delegates had to follow the pledge delegates. Both sleazy tactics, in my opinion.

She had a small but real chance at nomination. Had she won NC today, she would have been right in the thick of it.
    redo MI, and florida, those will both be very close races also. they won't give hillary enough either, if she even win them. obama might take michigan with detroit, ann arbor, lansing, east lansing, kalamazoo, and the flint area. theres the massive chunk of your population in michigan. and those are large black areas or college towns

clinton just wants the primaries that have already been done to count, where she won hands down in michigan, because she cheated. obama followed the party rules and was not on the ballot. if they fuck up and count what was already been done in those 2 states, then shes back in the race and can win. however, if they do the right thing and have a do over with both names on the ballot, she would have to win huge in both state. and thats not going to happen

They discount FL & MI, and promoted the misconception that the Super Delegates had to follow the pledge delegates. Both sleazy tactics, in my opinion.
    Ok, if you wanna use Florida, fine, but his name wasn't even on the ballot in Michigan. Explain how it is then fair to count those votes.
    there aren't any fair resolutions. a revote was least unfair. I agree counting vote is not right, need some compromise.

there aren't any fair resolutions. a revote was least unfair. I agree counting vote is not right, need some compromise.
    50/50 Split.

Yes, there is something wrong, it continues to force Obama to focus on the nomination process and continues the badmouthing back and forth. Obama needs to get this nomination locked up and hide away for a week. Then he'll come back and be ready to go against McCain.
    there is no harm in having a contest for the remaining primaries. The heat is off Obama. The problem would have been in continuing the fight up to the convention, and that possibility is over tonight.

they were talking that michigan has a vote coming up in august i think it is, and if the dems allow it, they could redo it then

that to me would be most fair, and give both camps enough time to properly campaign

50/50 Split.
    the battle-cry of the Obamatrons.

Obama's lawyerly effort to kill the Michigan Legislator's attempt paid off.

there is no harm in having a contest for the remaining primaries. The heat is off Obama. The problem would have been in continuing the fight up to the convention, and that possibility is over tonight.
    A fair point and Clinton does have the right to carry on but I think you could agree that the best thing for the party would be for Clinton to suspend her campaign.

50/50 Split.

that seems like the worst way, you mine as well not even count them then. it doesn't accomplish anything

50/50 Split.

Obama did the strategic move. Oh well, that's how it is. But, at this point, is there any other solution? They've shot down every other idea.

A fair point and Clinton does have the right to carry on but I think you could agree that the best thing for the party would be for Clinton to suspend her campaign.

No. How much attention is McCain getting right now? None. Now that Obama is the presumptive nominee, he ought to do pretty well in the votes, and the media attention is good publicity in the continuing competition, even if most of drama is out of it.