View Poll Results: Should Tank/Anti-Polar Bear be banned from PackerRats for good?

Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

64 68.82%
  • No

29 31.18%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: YOU decide Tank/Anti-Polar Bear's fate at PackerRats

Tank doesn't bother me anymore than some other posters do. If I don't like their topics or whatever, I simply ignore them. I don't get why people find that so hard to do with Tank. It's not like he is the only one in here who likes to stir the pot on things.

I didn't vote in this poll, but my thought is, if someone warrants something to get banned, then do it for good or don't do it at all.

I'm laissez faire in politics, socio/culturally, and with Anti Polar Bear, (although I think he could be called Bi-Polar Bear.)

Cant' some place be found for him? Like let him write a column?
    more freedom, less government. Go Sarah!

Harley FLHRC Rat Veteran AtlPackFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers
    So, who voted for Tank? Hoosier? Tank? Mazzin? Probably Harlan. Off with their heads too.

Actually, I'm kind of indifferent, but I did pile on with my "yes" vote.
    From Mad's original Post: "To date there have only been 2 members banned from PackerRats."

I thought Mazzin was the 2nd. Guess I was wrong. [/quote] Sorry Mazzin.
    My house is in Georgia but Wisconsin is my home.

Shutdown Rat All-Pro Charles Woodson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GBRulz
    Tank doesn't bother me anymore than some other posters do. If I don't like their topics or whatever, I simply ignore them. I don't get why people find that so hard to do with Tank. It's not like he is the only one in here who likes to stir the pot on things.

I didn't vote in this poll, but my thought is, if someone warrants something to get banned, then do it for good or don't do it at all.
    But its not as easy as simply ignoring, i mean its not just the topics he creates that he posts in, he also does it in other threads that actually were good until he got their

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    For the record Tank is technically banned already. This is just a way to decide if he should be gone for good like GBRulz said. His thread talking about mods had nothing to do with this. Maintain the quality of the forum is what it is about. Everyone has a right to their opinion.

For those that are newer or dont know, other than trying to change the revealing personal info rule other rules can be proposed at PackersRats but a poll has to be ran and the decision of the majority is what goes.

Cool. The newest registered user is Îïòèìèçàöèÿ ñàéòîâ Íåîáõî.

Kind of ironic how we've had a flood of new posters today, and they're all from foreign countries.

Code:
    Îïòèìèçàöèÿ ñàéòîâ Íåîáõî  	     	Îïòèìèçàöèÿ ñàéòîâ. Íåîáõîäèìîñòü  	21 May 2008  	0  	  
    jhghhjyrrr 	    	Poland 	21 May 2008 	0 	  
    Zloydadniak 	    	Sweden 	21 May 2008 	0 	  
    HORRURORP 	    	Belgium 	21 May 2008 	0 	  
    Angie 	    	USA 	21 May 2008 	0 	  
    befopoyda 	    	  	21 May 2008 	0 	  
    onereevor 	    	Brazil 	21 May 2008 	0 	  
    ThahtextTrusa 	    	Pakistan 	21 May 2008 	0 	  
    HutAstose 	 Portugal 	21 May 2008 	0 	  
    tierDaclert 	    	The Bahamas 	21 May 2008 	0 	  
    Silmincichmaxs 	    	Cape Verde 	21 May 2008 	0 	  
    anommopay 	    	Croatia 	21 May 2008 	0 	  
    jhghhjyrr 	    	Poland 	21 May 2008 	0 	  
    ElolaVinaplep 	    	Tanzania   21 May 2008  	0

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier
    Did he violate some explicit rule that would justify banning him? If not and you ban him anyway, you're setting a dangerous precedent by banning someone for being unpopular. By the way, letting the majority have their way with APB isn't democracy, it's vigilante justice. Democracy is defending the rights of the minority, no matter how irritating, dumb, beligerent or wrong they might be.
    VERY very seldom I agree with Hoosier, but in this case, yes. There's a legalese word for this that I can't remember that is specifically unConstitutional.

Harvey, are you implying some or all of those are actually Tank?

Kind of ironic how we've had a flood of new posters today, and they're all from foreign countries.
    I guess there are just Packer fans everywhere!
    </delurk>

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker64

I guess there are just Packer fans everywhere!
    I think most of them come from Tanks house.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

BILL OF ATTAINDER, that's what it is. Article One Section 10 of the Constitution--but then, I guess the Packerrats Forum isn't Congress.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker
    Let's see. We had one poster sign up in the previous 6 days. Then, today we get 14 new users and they have weird names and are all from foreign countries. What do you think happened?

I'd voted "no" before I read the whole thread, based on my feeling that I'm willing to put up with his silliness in the name of letting people speak their minds...I'm sure most of us annoy someone here now and again...but reading about the efforts to scam the site with multiple account names to cover his tracks...that's not okay and would push me to the other side. If I could go back, I'd vote yes.
    Teamwork is what the Green Bay Packers were all about. They didn't do it for individual glory. They did it because they loved one another.
    Vince Lombardi

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Let's see. We had one poster sign up in the previous 6 days. Then, today we get 14 new users and they have weird names and are all from foreign countries. What do you think happened?
    Since I am not yet banned, I'll defend myself.

Check their ips, madtownpoker. It aint me. Is some1 setting me up? I dont care.

I actually think this thread is funny. Is there a better way to go out than with all this attention?

Well, if this is my last post, I just wanna thank all those who voted "no."

Good bye, Rataquille!!!
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

BILL OF ATTAINDER, that's what it is. Article One Section 10 of the Constitution--but then, I guess the Packerrats Forum isn't Congress.
    No, we're usually more civil than them.

I'm not sure Bills of Attainder is quite what you're looking for, Tex--those are where government prevents a trial by having the legislature just vote that someone's guilty of a crime. I think what you and Hoosier are looking for is closer to Ex Post Facto law, which is next door in Article I, Section IX, which is also banned by the US Constitution in government. This is where something that was legal when done is made retroactively illegal and punished. I thought Hoosier's argument was something like "Unless it was clear there was a rule he was breaking at the time he did things, it's not fair to nail it for him now".
    Teamwork is what the Green Bay Packers were all about. They didn't do it for individual glory. They did it because they loved one another.
    Vince Lombardi

I see your point. However, he's only got ten no votes, and one of those was mine--along with several others who talked like they voted no.

If he wasn't gonna stuff the ballot box, why else do something so obviously inflammatory? I find myself acting like his defense attorney. REASONABLE DOUBT!

Highly doubtful any of those are Tank. This site sometimes gets 30-40 spam accounts a day. We sort through and activate those that are legit. You should see some of the perverted spam accounts that try to get on the site...ick!

I am not voting in regards to APB, but I will echo Bretsky's post..

I left JSO to get away from juvenille bullshit, have never looked back. I love this place. I don't socialize with a ton of people outside of my workplaces, so this place really becomes an outlet of sorts for shooting the breeze with good people. I ignore what most are probably sick of concerning APB, but if the quality of this place drops because of anyone and it goes un-dealt with and a nice quasi-socialization hangout turns downward ala JSO..well, I vote NO on that scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007

Highly doubtful any of those are Tank. This site sometimes gets 30-40 spam accounts a day. We sort through and activate those we feel are legit. You should see some of the perverted spam accounts that try to get on the site...ick!
    you can wipe the drool from your mouth anytime...we all know that sorting through that smut is the highlight of your day..outside of the jello wrestling girl-on-girl daydreams while you count the days til' Prison Break resumes...

I voted no. He's opinionated, but so am I. I can think of others that are much more hate-filled and you have to wonder how in the world you have anything in common with such a moron. If tanks been warned several times and he hasnt changed his ways-well maybe it's time.
    Lombardi told Starr to "Run it, and let's get the hell out of here!" - 'Ice Bowl' December 31, 1967

Quote Originally Posted by sheepshead
    If tanks been warned several times and he hasnt changed his ways-well maybe it's time.
    several is putting it mildly.