View Poll Results: Should Tank/Anti-Polar Bear be banned from PackerRats for good?

Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

64 68.82%
  • No

29 31.18%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: YOU decide Tank/Anti-Polar Bear's fate at PackerRats

Quote Originally Posted by twoseven
    we all know that sorting through that smut is the highlight of your day.
    Quiet about that stuff!!! Mad might pull me off my job.

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers
    Cool. The newest registered user is Îïòèìèçàöèÿ ñàéòîâ Íåîáõî.

Kind of ironic how we've had a flood of new posters today, and they're all from foreign countries.

Code:
    Îïòèìèçàöèÿ ñàéòîâ Íåîáõî  	     	Îïòèìèçàöèÿ ñàéòîâ. Íåîáõîäèìîñòü  	21 May 2008  	0  	  
    jhghhjyrrr 	    	Poland 	21 May 2008 	0 	  
    Zloydadniak 	    	Sweden 	21 May 2008 	0 	  
    HORRURORP 	    	Belgium 	21 May 2008 	0 	  
    Angie 	    	USA 	21 May 2008 	0 	  
    befopoyda 	    	  	21 May 2008 	0 	  
    onereevor 	    	Brazil 	21 May 2008 	0 	  
    ThahtextTrusa 	    	Pakistan 	21 May 2008 	0 	  
    HutAstose 	 Portugal 	21 May 2008 	0 	  
    tierDaclert 	    	The Bahamas 	21 May 2008 	0 	  
    Silmincichmaxs 	    	Cape Verde 	21 May 2008 	0 	  
    anommopay 	    	Croatia 	21 May 2008 	0 	  
    jhghhjyrr 	    	Poland 	21 May 2008 	0 	  
    ElolaVinaplep 	    	Tanzania   21 May 2008 	0
    Yeah, the Packers are really big in Tanzania. I've been there a couple of times.

Hmm...ElolaVinaplep..... I think he was my tour guide.

Nice touch!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by twoseven
    Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007

Let's see. We had one poster sign up in the previous 6 days. Then, today we get 14 new users and they have weird names and are all from foreign countries. What do you think happened?
    Highly doubtful any of those are Tank. This site sometimes gets 30-40 spam accounts a day. We sort through and activate those we feel are legit. You should see some of the perverted spam accounts that try to get on the site...ick!
    you can wipe the drool from your mouth anytime...we all know that sorting through that smut is the highlight of your day..outside of the jello wrestling girl-on-girl daydreams while you count the days til' Prison Break resumes...

Don't forget about all her gal to gal body shots and the mud wrestling that leads to showers as well

I didn't realize mods worked that hard anyways; I just wait til I see somebody I recognize from another site and activate them Glad to see somebody is getting rid of the spam ones as well
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker
    Harvey, are you implying some or all of those are actually Tank?
    Let's see. We had one poster sign up in the previous 6 days. Then, today we get 14 new users and they have weird names and are all from foreign countries. What do you think happened?
    I see your point. However, he's only got ten no votes, and one of those was mine--along with several others who talked like they voted no.

If he wasn't gonna stuff the ballot box, why else do something so obviously inflammatory? I find myself acting like his defense attorney. REASONABLE DOUBT!
    Tank has been declared an enemy combantant. Therefore he holds no rights. We can hold him in detention for as long as we wish.

Can we risk going forward with tank? I say no. What is the loss of a civil liberty when compared with Madtown saving us from attacks?

Good grief here we go again.Same fella same deal. I like him too.

That aside.If a person ever rases enough Cain to get banned fr. a site? That person should be grateful to get the ban lifted and act in accordance wth proper manners. Go to school. In this case there has been more than one reprieve.

If that person doesn't respect his her privalege and respect of others and violates again. Then this process of the vote should be respected.This isn't about Mad Vs anyone but about the health and enjoyment of our forum.

I do think that any ban should be treated as a temporary action unless the privacy of any member here is compromsed. This isn't the case here but rather a case of repeated annoyances to members.

The vote will be the response of the forum not Mad.

Tell him to simply cut out the cursing and duplication of accounts . The rest of it is free speech.

I voted no.

woodbuck27
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

just shove him in the rat trap for a week or two... that will do...

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    I voted no. Not because I like what he says, but because it's a free country and we have free speech. I say if you don't like what he says, just ignore his comments. When posters have an adverse reaction to what he says, I think it encourages/emboldens him more. Ignoring him would probably piss him off, but he'd still be allowed to post and we'd still have free speech.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer
    I voted no. Not because I like what he says, but because it's a free country and we have free speech. I say if you don't like what he says, just ignore his comments. When posters have an adverse reaction to what he says, I think it encourages/emboldens him more. Ignoring him would probably piss him off, but he'd still be allowed to post and we'd still have free speech.

Free country? Free speech? Ha ha ha ha. That's a good one. Our government makes laws everyday that restrict our freedoms. Freedom of speech is a nice slogan, but it isn't a reality. Yeah, we have more freedoms then most, but we still have a lot of restrictions. Whether that's good or bad, I'll leave you to your own opinion. I'm not trying to start a debate here, I am just pointing out the reality of the situation. Next time your in a crowded theater, yell "fire!" See how the cops react to your freedom of speech.

As for this situation, freedom of speech means nothing. This is a private website. Mad has the freedom to ban anyone he wants. If you don't like it, move on and make your own website.

Who is fighting for our "rights?" Why can't packerrats be free of moronic posters? Why do we all have to suffer in order to protect one person's right to "freedom of speech?"

Can we stop the free speech and free country BS, please? This is an internet forum, not a courthouse. Mad can do whatever the hell he want. He could run this place like a monarchy but he doesn't. Oh well, it's his place he can do whatever.
    "I've got one word for you- Dallas, Texas, Super Bowl"- Jermichael Finley

Highly doubtful any of those are Tank. This site sometimes gets 30-40 spam accounts a day. We sort through and activate those that are legit. You should see some of the perverted spam accounts that try to get on the site...ick!

Think B has anything to do with those?

RIP APB.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell

Highly doubtful any of those are Tank. This site sometimes gets 30-40 spam accounts a day. We sort through and activate those that are legit. You should see some of the perverted spam accounts that try to get on the site...ick!

Think B has anything to do with those?

I resemble that remark......although........if Mad would set me up with a packerrat email account.........more spam might come
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

What Carolina said is true. Madtown can do whatever he pleases--no freedom of speech, no due process about it--the Golden Rule--Mad has the Gold, Mad makes the rules--not democracy. He can carry out the will of the majority or choose to ignore it.

The question I would ask is, what harm did Tank really do? That's mostly not just a rhetorical question, as there apparently was a lot of history before I was here. I've heard bits and pieces, but nothing substantial.

Unless there is a lot more to his bad deeds than I've heard of, I hope restraint is used in dealing with the guy.

Eric Von Zipper Rat All-Pro CaliforniaCheez's Avatar
    He's on the way.

If gone for a month or two of this off season is no big deal as there is nothing going on and he won't be tempted.

He will be distracted once training camp is started. Hopefully.

Meh, I voted no...for now. I do think he needs to tone it down and use at least some resemblance of etiquette. Everyone in here has blown their wad a time or two before. Anyone who voted "yes" only because they disagree with his opinions doesn't get it and shouldn't be allowed to vote for anything, ever.

I guess I find it rather shocking that we are talking about banning someone because they use strong language yet those who use hate speech because they feel threatened by or disagree with someone on a message board get a free pass. I would rather put up with a few f-bombs here and there then I would anyone who speaks out of pure hatred, yet that is allowed.

Now, if the guy is being a total tool and creating bullshit accounts, newk em, fry em, hang em out to dry. Nothing is harder on a database then having it full of shitty, useless data.
    "Once the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the Republic.”
    – Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky
    I resemble that remark
    Congrats on 10,000.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky
    I resemble that remark
    Congrats on 10,000.
    Yep, congrats B. ...and so much quality info.

You are next Harv!!

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    This has nothing to do with Tank's language. He is already banned. He got banned because he was making multiple accounts and given repeated warnings about it. This is his last shot at staying because

A: He aint suppose to be here in the first place. Already banned.

B: When given the chance to hang around, AGAIN, he intentionally violates rules that everyone agreed upon. The mods here do what they do because they want whats best for the forum. I can tell you right now they dont get and dont ask for anything in return.

Well thats not 100% true. Mad gives us all shiatsu massages. Sometimes with a happy ending.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

I haven't had a Tank sighting in quite a while. Maybe this was simply too much attention. He finally got the fact, that at least 75% of "his" audience hates his posts so much, that they can do without.

Boy, I hope you never run a poll over me!

(P.S. For you newbs, I ran a poll once.... )