Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: (Ray) Edwards Targets Strahan's Sack Record

Blog Entries

(Ray) Edwards Targets Strahan's Sack Record

From PFT.

I just love this kind of talk - especially when it comes from a no-name Viking who posted a whopping 5 sacks last season...

EDWARDS TARGETS STRAHAN’S RECORD

Posted by Mike Florio on May 25, 2008, 12:16 p.m.

Ray Edwards says that he plans to breaking the single-season sack record, currently held by Giants defensive end Michael Strahan.

All together now: “Who in the hell is Ray Edwards?”

Edwards is a defensive end with the Vikings, the fourth member of a neo-Purple People Eaters line featuring Pro Bowlers Jared Allen, Pat Williams, and Kevin Williams.

After being suspended four games in 2007 for violation of the league’s policy against anabolic steroids and related substances, Edwards has dedicated himself to becoming the best he can be.

“I look up to Strahan,” Edwards recently told KSTP-TV in Minnesota. ”I learned a lot from him watching and studying his film.

“This year I definitely plan on going out here and breaking Strahan’s record of 22 and 1/2 sacks this year.”

On the surface, Edwards’ claim is ludicrous. But given that he’s certain to face favorable matchups as offensive lines obsess over stopping Allen and the Williamses, Edwards will have more than a fair opportunity to make an impact.

To get there, he has taken up boxing, and he worked out nearly every day during the offseason. He’ll move to the left side of the defensive line, where he’ll face right tackles — just as Strahan has done.

Hey, Edwards probably won’t reach his goal. But at least he’s aiming high.

yeah

good luck with that buddy

i watch a lot of football too, does that mean i could break the td record for running backs?

Did you take up boxing because you're serious about it?
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy
    Did you take up boxing because you're serious about it?
    no

but i have started drinking more

and to quote the great philosopher, homer

"When you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose. It's how drunk you get."

Re: (Ray) Edwards Targets Strahan's Sack Record

Quote Originally Posted by vince
    From PFT.

I just love this kind of talk - especially when it comes from a no-name Viking who posted a whopping 5 sacks last season...

EDWARDS TARGETS STRAHAN’S RECORD

Posted by Mike Florio on May 25, 2008, 12:16 p.m.

Ray Edwards says that he plans to breaking the single-season sack record, currently held by Giants defensive end Michael Strahan.

All together now: “Who in the hell is Ray Edwards?”

Edwards is a defensive end with the Vikings, the fourth member of a neo-Purple People Eaters line featuring Pro Bowlers Jared Allen, Pat Williams, and Kevin Williams.

After being suspended four games in 2007 for violation of the league’s policy against anabolic steroids and related substances, Edwards has dedicated himself to becoming the best he can be.

“I look up to Strahan,” Edwards recently told KSTP-TV in Minnesota. ”I learned a lot from him watching and studying his film.

“This year I definitely plan on going out here and breaking Strahan’s record of 22 and 1/2 sacks this year.”

On the surface, Edwards’ claim is ludicrous. But given that he’s certain to face favorable matchups as offensive lines obsess over stopping Allen and the Williamses, Edwards will have more than a fair opportunity to make an impact.

To get there, he has taken up boxing, and he worked out nearly every day during the offseason. He’ll move to the left side of the defensive line, where he’ll face right tackles — just as Strahan has done.

Hey, Edwards probably won’t reach his goal. But at least he’s aiming high.

Yea, I'd be more impressed if he said he was shooting for being average.

The dude will see no doubleteams this year and he's shown flashes. I have no problem with a guy setting his goals high. Will he get it? Ummm, no. But why not shoot high? Plus, with Favre gone there won't be anyone available to give out the final one as a freebie......

The guy must be pretty high on himself.

This should be the official Ray Edwards Countdown to the Single Season Sack Record thread.

I'll start it off.

22.5 sacks to go

First Jon Kitna's "We're gonna win at least 10 games", now this.

Maybe the rest of the NFC North should worry about actually producing on the field instead of making foolish predictions.
    "I've got one word for you- Dallas, Texas, Super Bowl"- Jermichael Finley

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers
    The guy must be pretty high on himself.

This should be the official Ray Edwards Countdown to the Single Season Sack Record thread.

I'll start it off.

22.5 sacks to go

I'd much prefer he thinks he sucks and is lucky to be on the team.....

Good idea on the countdown though. Here's to 18.5 left heading into week 2!

edit: By the way, although I fully support setting ones goals very high, I think in this case keeping this goal to himself might have been the route to go.

This guy already failed a steroids test and now he is gonna go and get himself tested for mindaltering drugs with this kinda talk.

Blog Entries
    Ras I understand your support for the guy, but this is a little over the top for someone who hasn't accomplished anything even in the ballpark of sniffing getting anywhere close to hoping to threaten average sack totals in the league - if you get my meaning.

To say this is just a joke. How about doing something on the field before opening one's mouth to look foolish...

Quote Originally Posted by vince
    Ras I understand your support for the guy, but this is a little over the top for someone who hasn't accomplished anything even in the ballpark of sniffing getting anywhere close to hoping to threaten average sack totals in the league - if you get my meaning.

To say this is just a joke. How about doing something on the field before opening one's mouth to look foolish...

Yup, I'm with you on the keeping it to yourself take.....

Yeah, it's one thing for Adrian Peterson to say his goal is 2000 rushing yards. He actually has a chance at it. This guy may not to get to 22.5 sacks in his next three seasons combined.

Yeah, it's one thing for Adrian Peterson to say his goal is 2000 rushing yards. He actually has a chance at it. This guy may not to get to 22.5 sacks in his next three seasons combined.

If he get's 22.5 sacks I'll also win the lottery......LOL.....

Like I said, I'm fine with a guy shooting high...I'm not sure I'd tell everybody else.....

? HOFer
    I honestly would not be surprised if he did it.. But it probably won't happen until they show a consistent passing threat.

JACKSON TARGETS BRADY'S RECORD

Tarvaris Jackson says that he plans to breaking the single-season TD pass record, currently held by Patriots quarterback Tom Brady.

All together now: “Who in the hell is Tarvaris Jackson?”

Jackson is a quarterback with the Vikings.

After throwing 11 TD passes and 16 INT's in his first two seasons, Jackson has dedicated himself to becoming the best he can be.

“I look up to Brady,” Jackson recently told KSTP-TV in Minnesota. ”I learned a lot from him watching and studying his film.

“This year I definitely plan on going out here and breaking Brady's record of 50 TD passes this year.”

On the surface, Edwards’ claim is ludicrous. But given that he’s certain to face favorable matchups as defenses obsess over stopping Adrian Peterson, Edwards will have more than a fair opportunity to make an impact.

To get there, he has taken up boxing, and he worked out nearly every day during the offseason.

Hey, Jackson probably won’t reach his goal. But at least he’s aiming high.

That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Were these in The Onion or something?
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman
    JACKSON TARGETS BRADY'S RECORD

Tarvaris Jackson says that he plans to breaking the single-season TD pass record, currently held by Patriots quarterback Tom Brady.

All together now: “Who in the hell is Tarvaris Jackson?”

Jackson is a quarterback with the Vikings.

After throwing 11 TD passes and 16 INT's in his first two seasons, Jackson has dedicated himself to becoming the best he can be.

“I look up to Brady,” Jackson recently told KSTP-TV in Minnesota. ”I learned a lot from him watching and studying his film.

“This year I definitely plan on going out here and breaking Brady's record of 50 TD passes this year.”

On the surface, Edwards’ claim is ludicrous. But given that he’s certain to face favorable matchups as defenses obsess over stopping Adrian Peterson, Edwards will have more than a fair opportunity to make an impact.

To get there, he has taken up boxing, and he worked out nearly every day during the offseason.

Hey, Jackson probably won’t reach his goal. But at least he’s aiming high.

Mailman shoots for smartass of the year....

and he nails it!

Lets make shit up instead of discuss what was actually said!

I have a shitload of material with Rodgers and Favre but what would be the point of that?

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak
    Mailman shoots for smartass of the year....

and he nails it!

Lets make shit up instead of discuss what was actually said!

I have a shitload of material with Rodgers and Favre but what would be the point of that?
    Damn Raz. This is a Packer board. You're gonna get shots like this. It was kinda funny, and about as likely.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

You know what they say about "If you can't stand the heat?"
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/icebowltickets.png