Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: (Ray) Edwards Targets Strahan's Sack Record

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers
    The guy must be pretty high on himself.

This should be the official Ray Edwards Countdown to the Single Season Sack Record thread.

I'll start it off.

22.5 sacks to go
    '' The best laid plans of mice and men. ''
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Mike
    You know what they say about "If you can't stand the heat?"

You get a beer from the kitchen? Something like that, anyway.

Or you start a big flame war which degenerates into a mindless mass of pure ignorance and stupidity on all sides.

I'll go get a brew I guess.

Who cares......let the guy set his goals high!! More power to him. At least he's not out there shooting people or involved in dog fighting

Good luck to him.......as long as he doesn't sack Rodgers!! :P

Blog Entries
    Yeah.

Lighten up, Ras.

It was funny, Dude.

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack
    Yeah.

Lighten up, Ras.

It was funny, Dude.
    I have to agree. Let's take our partisan glasses off, here's what happened:

"A fairly obscure player who's not one of the elite players in the NFL at his position (most likely not the best player at that position on his own team) and hasn't really accomplished much of note so far in his career claims he is determined this year to break an all time record that was set by one of the elite players at that position."

No matter who that player is, what his position is, what team he plays on, what the record is, or who set that record that's a weird thing to say.

If James Jones came out and claimed he was determined to break Moss's record for TD receptions this year (even though that's out of character for James from what I know of him), I would certainly think that was a little laughable.
    </delurk>

Beer sounds good...
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker64
    Yeah.

Lighten up, Ras.

It was funny, Dude.

"A fairly obscure player who's not one of the elite players in the NFL at his position (most likely not the best player at that position on his own team) and hasn't really accomplished much of note so far in his career claims he is determined this year to break an all time record that was set by one of the elite players at that position."

No matter who that player is, what his position is, what team he plays on, what the record is, or who set that record that's a weird thing to say.

If James Jones came out and claimed he was determined to break Moss's record for TD receptions this year (even though that's out of character for James from what I know of him), I would certainly think that was a little laughable.
    Hey KY and Lurker, I think we are closer to agreeing than disagreeing. I like the fact he's got some lofty goals, I'm not sure I would have told the newspaper.....LOL.

As for Mailman's little piece, no problem. Like I said, I had a great one in mind for Rodgers and Favre and consective quarter streak but I held off!

Why?

a) It ain't that funny
    b) It has nothing to do with this.

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy
    Beer sounds good...

I took my own advice since it's a holiday......and it is good!

Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007
    Who cares......let the guy set his goals high!! More power to him. At least he's not out there shooting people or involved in dog fighting

Good luck to him.......as long as he doesn't sack Rodgers!! :P
    Nah, he's just using steroids--causing him to get banned for 4 games.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastak
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker64
    Yeah.

Lighten up, Ras.

It was funny, Dude.

Hey KY and Lurker, I think we are closer to agreeing than disagreeing. I like the fact he's got some lofty goals, I'm not sure I would have told the newspaper.....LOL.

As for Mailman's little piece, no problem. Like I said, I had a great one in mind for Rodgers and Favre and consective quarter streak but I held off!

Why?

a) It ain't that funny
    b) It has nothing to do with this.
    Cool by me, Ras.,

I've been on both sides of a flame war and know it's more fun to flame than burn.

I thought JM's bit was funny, but probably not to a Purple fan.

Happy Mem. Day (If that's proper to say).

You too KY.

Get some good chow and relax.

Beer sounds good...
    like, duh

when doesn't it sound good?

When I'm drinking wine...
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Senior Rat Veteran billy_oliver880's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by red
    Beer sounds good...
    like, duh

when doesn't it sound good?
    When its coors?