Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: What to do about the gays?

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead

I agree that when you finally get care in canada it is close to here, but the waiting is a killer for me. I also would say if we never allowed canada to use the drugs and other technical advances we have discovered/created here their care would not be the same.
    If we never allowed Canada to use the drugs and other technical advances, we wouldn't have their money which helps PAY for developing said drugs and advances.

The government is in charge of the military and they seem to do ok developing new methods and tools for warfare...the capitalist system kicks in because you can do a lot of business selling technology to the government.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

This is always true of things where the market fails....like alternative energy until its too late. We should have been handing out benchmark rewards on alternative energy years ago.

In the military there is still a ton of waste, but the gov't does indeed create things they need, but I would say at a much higher cost than the market would do for about anything.

Regarding canada, I agree with your statement, them paying for our technologies helps fuel the innovation....OUR innovation, which comes about because there is a profit incentive.

Anyway, I started a healthcare thread, so its the only place I'm gonna get into this now.

[quote="Partial"]
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Bigguns
    Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007
    I didn't get to finish what I was going to write. Kids came in the house and told me how a dad up the street (a traditional family man):P was yelling at them...threw the F-bomb a few times over his kid's plastic lawn ornament squirrel that got broke when she was playing in our yard. Had my son pay him $10 for the ornament since he did play a part in it getting broke....and then told traditional family man if he has a problem with my son in the future I would appreciate him letting me know rather than swearing at my kid. Handed him a bag of wrappers his kids left in my yard and told him respect for property works both ways.

Anyway, I understand you were talking welfare in particular...just irked me a bit how you lumped certain things together.

Don't read into this in any way as me judging whether or not a traditional family is better or worse, I'm a libertarian as I have said many times, I don't care what people do. HOWEVER I think most women (and men) would rather have a traditional family with steady income and independence, which most public assistance programs in their current form make difficult.
    I may not have a traditional family...as you call it but you made reference to having an actual family as well. I'm a single mom, have steady income and major independence and am quite proud of my family.
    You'll never be whole and satisfied till you have a man around the house. Tyrone is available...though, he doesn't fulfill the term "man" in the traditional sense.
    anyone wanna take this one [/quote

Why don't you just ask me out. Your obsession with me is flattering, but ultimately unhealthy.

I have to say I was surprised to see all the hate thrown at the two old ladies that tied the knot yesterday in California. I know the anti gay crowd can be a violent hateful bunch but going after the old gals was pretty low.
    C.H.U.D.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out
    I have to say I was surprised to see all the hate thrown at the two old ladies that tied the knot yesterday in California. I know the anti gay crowd can be a violent hateful bunch but going after the old gals was pretty low.
    Yet another reason why the L.A. Vikings makes sense.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Shutdown Rat All-Pro Charles Woodson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Partial
    I didn't get to finish what I was going to write. Kids came in the house and told me how a dad up the street (a traditional family man):P was yelling at them...threw the F-bomb a few times over his kid's plastic lawn ornament squirrel that got broke when she was playing in our yard. Had my son pay him $10 for the ornament since he did play a part in it getting broke....and then told traditional family man if he has a problem with my son in the future I would appreciate him letting me know rather than swearing at my kid. Handed him a bag of wrappers his kids left in my yard and told him respect for property works both ways.

Anyway, I understand you were talking welfare in particular...just irked me a bit how you lumped certain things together.

Don't read into this in any way as me judging whether or not a traditional family is better or worse, I'm a libertarian as I have said many times, I don't care what people do. HOWEVER I think most women (and men) would rather have a traditional family with steady income and independence, which most public assistance programs in their current form make difficult.
    I may not have a traditional family...as you call it but you made reference to having an actual family as well. I'm a single mom, have steady income and major independence and am quite proud of my family.
    You'll never be whole and satisfied till you have a man around the house. Tyrone is available...though, he doesn't fulfill the term "man" in the traditional sense.
    anyone wanna take this one
    Why don't you just ask me out. Your obsession with me is flattering, but ultimately unhealthy.
    how appropriate for this thread

? HOFer
    [quote="Tyrone Bigguns"]

You can catch.

[quote="Partial"]

You can catch.
    That is the first step...admitting you are interested in other men. Congrats.

No doubt, the religious right is damaging to the conservative movement when they act like this. I can think of no reason gays shouldn't have similar legal rights to heteros, but I can understand people not wanting to redifine a word to satisfy the gay lobby. Man, just grant civil unions and be done with it.

No doubt, the religious right is damaging to the conservative movement when they act like this. I can think of no reason gays shouldn't have similar legal rights to heteros, but I can understand people not wanting to redifine a word to satisfy the gay lobby. Man, just grant civil unions and be done with it.
    Tex, notably silent today...wonder if he was in Cali pelting the gays with rotten fruit.

Tex, notably silent today...wonder if he was in Cali pelting the gays with rotten fruit.
    Maybe some of ya'all haven't noticed, but Fantasy Football has started up on Yahoo. Drafting has cut into my forum posting time. Also, when I checked into things early this morning, there wasn't much of interest that needed commenting on.

That's the way I would characterize this gay marriage thing. Obviously I'm not in favor of it, but it's hardly a life and death matter--way down the list of issues when it comes to importance.