Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: What to do about the gays?

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell
    Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz
    ...........so please do tell all of your lovely stereotypes of gays.

Well, they're snappy dressers.
    True so at least their kids would be outfitted with extremely nice clothes and footwear.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead
    Quote Originally Posted by LL2
    Gays shouldn't be allowed to marry or adopt kids, but if they want to live together that is their business.
    Why, do they have some kind of disease?

I think gays raising children in this country is the least of our worries, but go on concerning yourself about gays raising children above all the fatherless children out there, and all the children that are sexually and physically abused by fathers. Gee, I don't know what is worse.
    I've always been right in line with gays shouldn't get to raise children or adopt simply because it exposes children to ridicule at school, things too big for young children to understand, and an unnatural environment. I don't think pointing out bigger problems in other areas is an arguement FOR exposing children to this.

That being said, I am all for civil unions, if John and Bob want to build a life together they should be afforded all the rights of a married couple. To allow them to MARRY is to change the definition of the word, and marriage is founded in church, so I respect that side of it.
    I guess my wife and I are not "married" because we were wed outside of any religious ceremony. Great! I guess you should be the one to tell her that, I am not.

So you are against giving a child a loving home because he will be made fun of? Maybe they should only allow gay couples to wed and raise children in New England States where making fun of someone is illegal.
    Now its quite a stretch to say I said or even implied that. I said marriage as an institution HISTORICALLY was founded in and by church. I do not discount any marriage that was performed by a judge (or even your brother, in your eyes you and your wife are married and my opinion matters very little).

What I said is, that gays deserve all the rights of a married couple but to change the definition of marriage I can understand being against (i personally don't care) given the origin and history of the institution of marriage.

As far as being against giving them a loving home....I didn't say that either, a child molester could argue he loves a child therefore deserves to adopt one, but I doubt you would even consider that for a second. I am saying that homosexual unions are not the norm, either societally or by nature and to allow them to adopt is unfair to the child. Said child is being exposed to something not the norm and being forced to deal with it at far too early of an age. Many studies show that children growing up in a normal household end up better adjusted/happier/more successful ect.

My general view of marriage in general is pretty out their anyway, it was an institution designed to basically give women security. It is a very outdated concept and the idea of state/church backed marriage to me is kinda silly. If you love your wife and are committed to spending your life with her a piece of paper isn't going to mean a hill of beans to either of you. My opinion on whether it should be considered "marriage" because of who performed the ceremony should matter even less.

The main reason gays are fighting for gay marriage is to further public acceptance, and I think they are going about it the wrong way. It is simply aggravating some people who think they have rights and should be treated fairly, into actually being combative again. (i'm not one of those people, again, I don't care) I only care about children being raised in as good an environment as possible to make them well adjusted adults.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    So Because gay marriage and child raising isn't the norm it shouldn't be allowed? There was a time and still many think this way that marriage and child raising should be done between a man and woman of the same race, and anything outside of that wasn't considered the norm. Times change, what is considered normal in society changes.

"Said child is being exposed to something not the norm and being forced to deal with it at far too early of an age."

I totally agree. We should also ban interfaith marriage as well. Not the norm. And, not black/white marriage either...not the norm.

As for children being exposed to ridicule...all children get teased. That is part of being a child. If they aren't teasing you because you have two dads, they'll find another...the clothes you wear, your looks, your last name, etc.

Part of growing up is learning to deal with teasing...at least it was before all you conservative PC types started trying to make wimps outta children.

To allow them to MARRY is to change the definition of the word, and marriage is founded in church, so I respect that side of it.
    I agree that marriage is founded in religion. So why is the state conferring marriages?

I think people should have the option of being married according to the rules of their church or wiccan coven, or having a CIVIL union performed by our CIVIL government.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Bigguns
    "Said child is being exposed to something not the norm and being forced to deal with it at far too early of an age."

I totally agree. We should also ban interfaith marriage as well. Not the norm. And, not black/white marriage either...not the norm.

As for children being exposed to ridicule...all children get teased. That is part of being a child. If they aren't teasing you because you have two dads, they'll find another...the clothes you wear, your looks, your last name, etc.

Part of growing up is learning to deal with teasing...at least it was before all you conservative PC types started trying to make wimps outta children.
    There was a kid in my kid's school being raised by a lesbian couple and I gotta tell you, not only was that a very well adjusted child, the rest of the kids really didn't give a flying f*ck about it. And both of the parents helped with the PTA, activities and all that kind of stuff. They did a far better job with their kid than the parents of the kid who thought it was ok to choke another child with a jump rope when she didn't get her way...
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

? HOFer
    Gays shouldn't be allowed to marry or adopt kids, but if they want to live together that is their business.

I think gays raising children in this country is the least of our worries, but go on concerning yourself about gays raising children above all the fatherless children out there, and all the children that are sexually and physically abused by fathers. Gee, I don't know what is worse.
    I've always been right in line with gays shouldn't get to raise children or adopt simply because it exposes children to ridicule at school, things too big for young children to understand, and an unnatural environment. I don't think pointing out bigger problems in other areas is an arguement FOR exposing children to this.

That being said, I am all for civil unions, if John and Bob want to build a life together they should be afforded all the rights of a married couple. To allow them to MARRY is to change the definition of the word, and marriage is founded in church, so I respect that side of it.
    I guess my wife and I are not "married" because we were wed outside of any religious ceremony. Great! I guess you should be the one to tell her that, I am not.

So you are against giving a child a loving home because he will be made fun of? Maybe they should only allow gay couples to wed and raise children in New England States where making fun of someone is illegal.
    How loving can a home be if the child resents the hell out of his two parents for the choices that they made?

Homosexual is not natural. I don't have a problem with it, but to think marriage should be allowed is ridiculous. Marriage started out as a religious ceremony.

a Homosexual couple should not be able to raise children because it teaches them the wrong message. Then again, with 50+% of families divorced I guess the right message has been blown out of the water long ago.

Why didn't you get married in a church?

? HOFer

Whoa whoa whoa... back up.. beep beep beep...

Make wimps out of children?

You're telling me two homos are going to produce more manly and less wimpy children than a heterosexual couple?

The libs and their accept everyone and teasing attitude is what makes kids whimpy. Note that all the emo pussies who go around touting their barack obama flags.

? HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy

There was a kid in my kid's school being raised by a lesbian couple and I gotta tell you, not only was that a very well adjusted child, the rest of the kids really didn't give a flying f*ck about it. And both of the parents helped with the PTA, activities and all that kind of stuff. They did a far better job with their kid than the parents of the kid who thought it was ok to choke another child with a jump rope when she didn't get her way...
    One of my good friends was raised by 4 lesbians. Odd situation, but he turned out to be a good guy, but isn't very driven and is not going to college or anything like that. Anyway, he was a good kid, but he missed out on a lot of stuff in his childhood because he wasn't an active participant in school activities because his parents didn't want to make their business everyone elses and make the life harder on the kid.

He missed out.

That's far less likely to happen today, because the kids really just don't give a shit. The people I knew were very active in school and their kid didn't miss out on a thing.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

? HOFer
    That's far less likely to happen today, because the kids really just don't give a shit. The people I knew were very active in school and their kid didn't miss out on a thing.
    I think you are very wrong about that. Sure, by like 8th grade. But a kid can handle it by 8th grade. Any kid is going to mortified in elementary school, and c'mon, who doesn't remember the loser that was always picked on?!? That always starts at a young age, like 1st or 2nd grade and just continues on.

I have no doubt about your story. I think many of us conflate our childhood with what is going on now. Kids today are much different..they grew up with gay being part of society...be it on TV or just knowing that certain people are gay. THey are also much more aware of things...especially sex. They are also much more advanced than..well, at least me. THe girls are much more aggressive and..well, i'm JUST PISSED THAT I MISSED OUT ON SEXUALLY PERMISSIVE 8TH GRADERS!!

Or, perhaps those kids at your kids school were like us...they wanted to visit that kid's home for some grailee action.

Quote Originally Posted by Partial

How loving can a home be if the child resents the hell out of his two parents for the choices that they made?

Homosexual is not natural. I don't have a problem with it, but to think marriage should be allowed is ridiculous. Marriage started out as a religious ceremony.

a Homosexual couple should not be able to raise children because it teaches them the wrong message. Then again, with 50+% of families divorced I guess the right message has been blown out of the water long ago.

Why didn't you get married in a church?
    How is homosexuality not natural. Of course it is. It exists in nature..therefore it is natural.

It isn't the norm, but is completely natural.

Whoa whoa whoa... back up.. beep beep beep...

Make wimps out of children?

You're telling me two homos are going to produce more manly and less wimpy children than a heterosexual couple?

The libs and their accept everyone and teasing attitude is what makes kids whimpy. Note that all the emo pussies who go around touting their barack obama flags.
    My god, you are dense.

Bobble was against homo marriage because the kid would get teased...that sounds awfully PC to me. Teasing and being able to handle it makes you tough.

As for how kids turn out....more stupidity. They are plenty of tough gay guys..perhaps you've just never met them.

I guess all those gays and sensitive liberals sprang from nowhere..not the result of heterosexual unions.

Lastly, "more manly"...lol...perhaps you should determine what exactly is manly.

I think you are very wrong about that. Sure, by like 8th grade. But a kid can handle it by 8th grade. Any kid is going to mortified in elementary school, and c'mon, who doesn't remember the loser that was always picked on?!? That always starts at a young age, like 1st or 2nd grade and just continues on.
    P. I'm talking about people I knew (until one of them got a job in Pennsylvania last summer). I'm not talking about an opinion here. This family was in our school from kindergarten through 2nd grade--and NO ONE GAVE A SHIT. The kid didn't get picked on, the parents were active and it was NO BIG DEAL. Period. End of story.

Good point. The generation that's coming of age now is (with a few notable exceptions) remarkably tolerant and unflappable when it comes to social differences and non-traditional practices.

? HOFer
    P. I'm talking about people I knew (until one of them got a job in Pennsylvania last summer). I'm not talking about an opinion here. This family was in our school from kindergarten through 2nd grade--and NO ONE GAVE A SHIT. The kid didn't get picked on, the parents were active and it was NO BIG DEAL. Period. End of story.
    One instance does not equal fact, thats all I am saying.

Ty, I was joking about the manly thing. Just funny how you wrote it.

While many have made the bonobo argument, I just think bonobos are sluts. Its not natural as reproduction is supposed to be the biproduct of sex, and obviously two men cannot make a child.

My main beef with two men raising a child is the child doesn't have any say in the matter. Plus, with a man and women adopting the child it isn't immediately obvious to bystanders that the child was adopted.

While many have made the bonobo argument, I just think bonobos are sluts. Its not natural as reproduction is supposed to be the biproduct of sex, and obviously two men cannot make a child.

My main beef with two men raising a child is the child doesn't have any say in the matter. Plus, with a man and women adopting the child it isn't immediately obvious to bystanders that the child was adopted.
    It's not one instance, it's 500. Not one kid of the 500 in the school cared. And everything else I've read and heard lately says that the teens are curious as to what the hell the supposed adults are all up in arms about. As to adoption, a white couple adopts a black child, or an Asian child. So that should be outlawed too because it's pretty obvious, right? Those kids didn't have any say in the matter either. Great idea. Let's just keep all the Chinese girls from having loving families because people might notice they're adopted. (keep in mind that some Chinese couples choose selective abortion to make sure they have boys.)

My main beef with two men raising a child is the child doesn't have any say in the matter.
    I have very mixed feelings on the subject here, so not getting involved. Just wanted to point out something about the above statement. A child also has no say in the matter if the parents are alcoholics, drug addicts, abusers...... Lots of dysfunctional parents fly under the radar of authorities and the children learn that behavior from day one.

Blog Entries

It's not one instance, it's 500. Not one kid of the 500 in the school cared. And everything else I've read and heard lately says that the teens are curious as to what the hell the supposed adults are all up in arms about. As to adoption, a white couple adopts a black child, or an Asian child. So that should be outlawed too because it's pretty obvious, right? Those kids didn't have any say in the matter either. Great idea. Let's just keep all the Chinese girls from having loving families because people might notice they're adopted. (keep in mind that some Chinese couples choose selective abortion to make sure they have boys.)
    Now how would you know that not one kind in five hundred cared ? That would seem to be an impossible thing to support.

In general, I would agree with Partial here; I think these kids will get targeted. They certainly would in my area.

OK; I will bow out again.

There is a reason I don't get into the RR much; I don't want the drama, emotions, or controversy that goes with real life things.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?