41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Barack Obama

20 48.78%
  • John McCain

21 51.22%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Obama is the man!

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby
    I know you are being cynical, but there is nothing wrong with forming an alliance of Democratic countries for taking collective action. Makes good sense to me, NATO is increasingly obsolete. Not sure if they will be a security organization, at least inititally.

I don't know if it will be pulled off, but don't see why you sneer at idea. Do you have a specific objection?
    Umm....we tried to build a coalition amongst the EU and rest of the world to go into Iraq because we thought they had become too friendly with Iran and the result would be a nuclear armed Iran allied with Iraq.

I agree there is nothing wrong with forming an alliance, but the rest of the world to date has been content to let us spend our resources to stabilize the middle east all the while criticizing the imperical USA. Its sort of like that older brother you hate so much for teasing you, but you liked it when he beat up the bully who stole your lunch money.

Quote Originally Posted by BallHawk
    Quote Originally Posted by Partial
    Quote Originally Posted by BallHawk
    Quote Originally Posted by Partial
    Obama is a loser who refuses to stick to his convictions when time gets tough. Is that the kind of person you want in office?!? I sure don't.
    Obama is a loser?

Them fighting words.
    I can't help it that you support the worst presidental candidate probably ever.
    All hail Partial, Presidential historian and master of the English language.

Please, if you think Obama's the worst candidate ever you better hit the history books. McGovern and Mondale were both worse candidates for their respective parties than Obama will be.
    Nope, even JFK had more of a resume than this guy.
    Lombardi told Starr to "Run it, and let's get the hell out of here!" - 'Ice Bowl' December 31, 1967

Obama has a resume?
    "I've got one word for you- Dallas, Texas, Super Bowl"- Jermichael Finley

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby
    I know you are being cynical, but there is nothing wrong with forming an alliance of Democratic countries for taking collective action. Makes good sense to me, NATO is increasingly obsolete. Not sure if they will be a security organization, at least inititally.

I don't know if it will be pulled off, but don't see why you sneer at idea. Do you have a specific objection?
    Umm....we tried to build a coalition amongst the EU and rest of the world to go into Iraq because we thought they had become too friendly with Iran and the result would be a nuclear armed Iran allied with Iraq.

I agree there is nothing wrong with forming an alliance, but the rest of the world to date has been content to let us spend our resources to stabilize the middle east all the while criticizing the imperical USA. Its sort of like that older brother you hate so much for teasing you, but you liked it when he beat up the bully who stole your lunch money.
    Quaint, but ´so far off it deserves its own thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarlam!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker
    Tarlam, I'm curious. Are you voicing your own opinion? Or merely telling us which way the polls are running over there?

The reason I ask is that much of what I've seen you post is good sensible reasonable--some would say conservative stuff--completely the opposite of the positions of that America-hating loon, Obama.

For that matter, how certain are you that the solid citizens formerly known as Euro-wimps really ARE all that anti-American/anti-Bush in light of the fact that they elected Sarkozy and Angela Merkel--a couple of very decent relatively pro-American/friends of Bush?
    Tex. I am as conservative as they come, so, even though I don't have an opinion on McCain, he'd be my choise, personally.

So what you are getting in this thread from me is literally the world view - not only Europe. Fact is, President Bush does not enjoy a lot of respect from the man in the street outside the USA. The position of President most certainly does. I want to reitereate that I don't see a lot of people with intimate political knowledge, though, and you will have noticed, I don't throw too many stones if I am ignorant on something.
    Glad to hear you are as much on the good side of things as I surmised.

Would you agree with my continuing rant that the real arch-villains in all the negativity out there internationally, both toward Bush and toward America in general, are the America-hating assholes of our own mainstream media and entertainment community?

Would you agree with my continuing rant that the real arch-villains in all the negativity out there internationally, both toward Bush and toward America in general, are the America-hating assholes of our own mainstream media and entertainment community?
    I don't think any American is an America-hater. I think you all voice opinions and that's a right that was borne out of a rebellion, IIRC. That's the way the constitution was set up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarlam!
    I don't think any American is an America-hater. I think you all voice opinions and that's a right that was borne out of a rebellion, IIRC. That's the way the constitution was set up.
    OK, omit the labeling of the media as America-hating assholes. They can just as well be some other variety of assholes.

My question is: Do you agree that all the negativity and Bush-hate in our own media is responsible for foreigners having such a negative and IMO irrationally flawed opinion of America in general and Bush in particular? I blame our God damned media types even more than I blame leftist politicians in this countrey for that. I was just wondering if you--who is closer to the international side of that problem--would agree.

OK, omit the labeling of the media as America-hating assholes. They can just as well be some other variety of assholes.

My question is: Do you agree that all the negativity and Bush-hate in our own media is responsible for foreigners having such a negative and IMO irrationally flawed opinion of America in general and Bush in particular? I blame our God damned media types even more than I blame leftist politicians in this countrey for that. I was just wondering if you--who is closer to the international side of that problem--would agree.
    No, I think President Bush hasn't done himself any favours. I have been aware of US Presidents since Carter. Mr Bush is the least eloquent I have seen. Tex, I have the utmost respect for the President of the United States of America. I think Mr Bush isn't worthy of the position. He is lucky to have Ms. Rice at his side. Now that is a woman that could lead your great country.