View Poll Results: Are you for or against interracial relationship/marriage?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have no problem with interracial relationship/marriage

25 71.43%
  • People should not mix race

1 2.86%
  • What? You still live in the 50's?

9 25.71%
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Interracial Relationship/Marriage: Are you for or against it

Rat Starter

Interracial Relationship/Marriage: Are you for or against it

Watched American History X on Dvd last night and there is a deleted scene where the fat racist dude and the white supremacist boss are sitting in a burger joint and a black dude who looks like a jock walks in with his hot white girlfriend and the racists are like, "yo, black man, why can't you stay true to your own race?"

Just wondering what people think about this matter...

My conservative upbringing gave me an instinct to frown upon interracial relationships. Then I grew up and decided its not for me to judge.
    To much of a good thing is an awesome thing

I'm against stupid people breeding regardless of race. And you won't get any votes cuz no one will go on the record saying they are a bigot.

I'm very conservative. Dated a black chick for a bit. (her dad played in the NFL too!)

I have no problem who does what with whom. I just think people should vote on laws, not let judges dictate and interpret them.
    Lombardi told Starr to "Run it, and let's get the hell out of here!" - 'Ice Bowl' December 31, 1967

My dad's real conservative too and he humped a black hooker in mexico 40 years ago.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

Sheep, conservatism gets unfairly assosciated with rascism....don't fall into even addressing that myth.

Whereas a young black man in an overairshocked car blaring misogynist lyrics and flashing gang symbols might inspire negative feelings, the color of his skin doesn't make you a rascist. Now if a well dressed respectful decent young man acting responsibly who happens to be black inspires negative feelings....one might be a rascist.

I don't mean to call you out, but I hate seeing things like...I'm a conservative, but I have no problem with inter-racial marriage...as though its normal to think a conservative would have such a problem. That unfair assosciation has been so well ingrained by the left and it just pisses me right the fuck off.

Conservatism of today is not the same as conservatism of yesterday. Conservatism of yesterday gets that label for a reason.

Rat Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead

Whereas a young black man in an overairshocked car blaring misogynist lyrics and flashing gang symbols might inspire negative feelings, the color of his skin doesn't make you a rascist. Now if a well dressed respectful decent young man acting responsibly who happens to be black inspires negative feelings....one might be a rascist.
    Are you saying that it is ok to be racist toward blacks who are influenced by the hip-hop culture?

No wonder liberals like to associate conservatives with racism.

Rat Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepshead

I just think people should vote on laws, not let judges dictate and interpret them.
    Popular votes created Jim Crow laws. Without liberal judges, those laws would still exist today.

Quote Originally Posted by PackFan#1
    Are you saying that it is ok to be racist toward blacks who are influenced by the hip-hop culture?
    Try as you might, but I didn't read what he wrote that way. I think you're pushing shit uphill if you want to claim he's racist based on what he wrote.

Rat Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarlam!
    Try as you might, but I didn't read what he wrote that way. I think you're pushing shit uphill if you want to claim he's racist based on what he wrote.
    Read again. No one is calling him a racist.

Quote Originally Posted by GoPackGo
    Conservatism of today is not the same as conservatism of yesterday. Conservatism of yesterday gets that label for a reason.
    you mean because republicans horsed through the civil rights movement despite Al Gore's daddy?

You called him a racist with your innuendo. I called you on it, now your backing away.

Quote Originally Posted by GoPackGo
    you mean because republicans horsed through the civil rights movement despite Al Gore's daddy?
    I don't know what you mean.
    The older generations of conservatives frown on interacial dating. I consider myself part of the new generation of conservatives that is more moderate socially

I married someone not of my race, take a guess what I think. College, I had experienced the whole damn melting pot by the time the smoke had cleared. Forget frowning on interracial hook ups, let's get serious and do something about letting stupid people hook up and reproduce.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by twoseven
    I married someone not of my race, take a guess what I think. College, I had experienced the whole damn melting pot by the time the smoke had cleared. Forget frowning on interracial hook ups, let's get serious and do something about letting stupid people hook up and reproduce.
    I think you are against it, you now know that regardless of race marriage is a stinker for any man.

Rat Starter
    You called him a racist with your innuendo. I called you on it, now your backing away.
    Wtf? I asked him a question. Did he meant to say that it is ok to have "Negative feelings" toward blacks who dress like gangsta rappers, but it is wrong to have "negative feelings" toward blacks who dress causally?

Nowhere did i call him a racist.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepshead
    I have no problem who does what with whom. I just think people should vote on laws, not let judges dictate and interpret them.
    Ironic!
    It was only judges interpreting the constitution that ended the miscegenation laws, finally, in the 1960's. If it was left to voters, it would have been illegal for blacks and whites to marry in many states for years to come. Might even still be illegal today. And I'm serious, I doubt the race problems would have been solved yet without our Bill of Rights and Constitution.

You can't always leave things to the popular will.

Well, you could, but then we would live in a very different country.

Quote Originally Posted by twoseven
    I married someone not of my race, take a guess what I think.
    You'll stick to your own kind like mom said next time?

Sheep, conservatism gets unfairly assosciated with rascism....don't fall into even addressing that myth.
    You might be right, but it does seem quite strange that most of the racists i've met seem to hold conservative values close to their heart.

Being conservative doesn't mean you are a racist, but about 99% of racists are conservative.

P.S. I'm talking about being racist, not prejudiced.