View Poll Results: Are you for or against interracial relationship/marriage?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have no problem with interracial relationship/marriage

25 71.43%
  • People should not mix race

1 2.86%
  • What? You still live in the 50's?

9 25.71%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Interracial Relationship/Marriage: Are you for or against it

Rat Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby

Man, you are the Reverand Wright of the conservative side. there's a conservative-basher behind every rock.
    That's funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead
    I have met several black people who think blacks are a superior race...Dennis Rodman comes to mind immediately.
    I could be wrong, but arent there groups of whites who think they are the superior race too? Ridiculous.
    Lets take my quote in context. I was responding to tyrone who said something like I don't think/know any blacks who think they are a superior race.

Yes, indeed there are groups of whites who are worse than rodman, I actually like the guy, but if you ever sat and drank with him for an hour you would not walk away thinking he doesn't think blacks are superior.

Quote Originally Posted by PackFan#1

I have met several black people who think blacks are a superior race...Dennis Rodman comes to mind immediately.
    Wow, you met Dennis Rodman? Did you ask for his autograph?

WTF? Rodman is not racist. He likes white women and his favorite band is Pearl Jam! You probably--note, I wrote probably as in I am only guessing--think Rodman is racist because you think he sometimes act like a "punk."

Yeah, anyone who acts beyond the "norm" of a conservative's narrow-mind is a punk. Those punk ass hippies. Those punk ass homosexuals. Those punk ass anti-war anti-Americans. Punk ass liberals.
    No, I think rodman is thinks blacks are a superior race because of comments like....."you ain't had a real man til you had a black man." and "ain't no whiteboy who can defend a blackboy" or "the reason I love white women is they are comparing me to whitemen, so I always impress".

These are all close generalities to things I have personally heard him say. And I never said he was a rascist, he's not. He does think blacks are a superior race though which was the point.

WTF? Rodman is not racist. He likes white women and his favorite band is Pearl Jam! You probably--note, I wrote probably as in I am only guessing--think Rodman is racist because you think he sometimes act like a "punk."

Yeah, anyone who acts beyond the "norm" of a conservative's narrow-mind is a punk. Those punk ass hippies. Those punk ass homosexuals. Those punk ass anti-war anti-Americans. Punk ass liberals.
    No, I think rodman is thinks blacks are a superior race because of comments like....."you ain't had a real man til you had a black man." and "ain't no whiteboy who can defend a blackboy" or "the reason I love white women is they are comparing me to whitemen, so I always impress".

These are all close generalities to things I have personally heard him say. And I never said he was a rascist, he's not. He does think blacks are a superior race though which was the point.
    I think you're taking Rodman's banter just a LITTLE too seriously. Does it also bother you when he dresses like a woman?

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier

I think you're taking Rodman's banter just a LITTLE too seriously. Does it also bother you when he dresses like a woman?
    Did I ever say or imply that it bothered me?? I had a great time, he's a lot of fun. And as normal when liberals say things we are taking it too seriously, but when trent lott is nice to a man on his 100th birthday he needs to be driven from the senate.

And before you even get started, I agree, Rodman is joking around and having fun, but if a conservative did the same thing it would be proof of the evil in his heart. That is how strongly the left has ingrained that BS.

Did I ever say or imply that it bothered me?? I had a great time, he's a lot of fun. And as normal when liberals say things we are taking it too seriously, but when trent lott is nice to a man on his 100th birthday he needs to be driven from the senate.

And before you even get started, I agree, Rodman is joking around and having fun, but if a conservative did the same thing it would be proof of the evil in his heart. That is how strongly the left has ingrained that BS.
    Boo hoo hoo

Why do you keep bringing up racism? Me thinks you protest too much.

And finally here it is. After constantly insinuating that conservatives are the only ones who are rascist and forcing me to defend such crap (and denying you ever insinuated any such thing) this is your endgame.

Harlen...may I ask you...have you stopped beating your wife??

I never mentioned "racist" or "racism", let alone equated it to conservative.
    It is only you thinking in this simple-minded way.
    Silly me where would I get that idea.

Could it be because conservatives opposed civil rights back in the 1960's?

The Conservative wing of the Republican Party was against civil rights in the 60's. Do you dispute this?

Conservatives of both parties fought civil rights. Who cares if conseratives were in the DEm party in the 60's.
    You might not USE the word rascism, but your implication is pretty clear in equating conservatism with rascism, and you conveniantly call the democrats who opposed that very legislation conservatives. Again, you are identifying them as conservative based on their stance on this issue.....You really don't see it?

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers
    I think it's important to discuss this--because Democrats have done a great job of branding Republicans racists for the better part of three decades--mainly because their lack of support for entitlement programs. I've said it before, but it's intellectually dishonest. You know as well as I do that when somebody basically states Conservatives are racists, they are trying to implicitly say Republicans are racists.
    Amen Harvey, this is what it all boils down to and has for years. Conservatives are against big gov't programs, handouts, transferring wealth, and the only way the libs could push the legislation thru is by saying if you are against these things...which benefit minorities...you must be a rascist....there it is, republicans are rascists. and all the history of voting as a party to end civil rights was abolished and we are left with this crap today.

Boo hoo hoo
    Yet another good strong intellectual response.

Wow....someone cares what Dennis Rodman said?
    C.H.U.D.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out
    Wow....someone cares what Dennis Rodman said?
    I care, the guy was a great rebounder.

Why do you keep bringing up racism? Me thinks you protest too much.
    And finally here it is. After constantly insinuating that conservatives are the only ones who are rascist and forcing me to defend such crap (and denying you ever insinuated any such thing) this is your endgame.
    I am not insinuating that you are racist. I am saying you are gripped by a Jermiah Wright-like fixation on racism. I can see how you thought I was saying more, but I was not, and I apologize for the impression i created.

I don't make any connection between conservative IDEOLOGY and racism. But any honest person acknowledges that racists have been a key part of the political coalition that the Republican Party and Conservatives built in the aftermath of the 60's. Do you dispute this historical fact?

The world we live in today is chaotic. I oppose race-based affirmative action, so I am a racist in many peoples view. And I find the most dramatic racism to be in minority communities. My own personal view is that EVERYONE is afflicted with racism, we evolved that way. And racism is overcome only gradually by mixing with different types of people.

Could it be because conservatives opposed civil rights back in the 1960's?
    The Conservative wing of the Republican Party was against civil rights in the 60's. Do you dispute this?

Conservatives of both parties fought civil rights. Who cares if conseratives were in the DEm party in the 60's.
    You might not USE the word rascism, but your implication is pretty clear in equating conservatism with rascism, and you conveniantly call the democrats who opposed that very legislation conservatives. Again, you are identifying them as conservative based on their stance on this issue.....You really don't see it?
    OK, I re-read the remarks above, and I see your point.

Your notion that the word "Conservative" can not include people who are "racist" is just whacked-out.

In the past, I believe racists were much more likely to self-identify as being conservative. I don't see that being true in 2008, certainly to a much smaller degree.

There is a reason why Conservatives do not include blacks in their ranks. It's historical, and it's not pretty. There is nothing in Conservative ideology that should prevent blacks from joining your ranks, but suspicians understandably run deep. It will be a better country when blacks move past the old wounds.

JC Watts, Colin Powell, Condi Rice, Clarence Thomas. We include blacks in our ranks just fine. Again, I reject that statement out of hand.

I am not saying conservatives can't be rascist, I'm merely pointing out that all rascists are NOT conservative and I would actually argue it is equally spread throughout the political spectrum.

The most boisterous rascists call themselves conservative..true, but I don't, and they shouldn't. Those individuals attach themselves to the conservative movement because conservatives stand against things like affirmative action, and entitlement programs.

Their arguements go like "that *epithet* should get a job"

Mine have been slightly more eloquent and intelligent to say the least. Those people are not conservatives and they, nor anyone else should label them as such.

Whackos like the unabomber attach themselves to liberals because of things like the green movement, but I don't run around saying true extremist nutjobs that spraypaint fur coats are liberals (although some do, and I think that is equally wrong).

Just to take it further, people call Hitler a "right wing extremist"....NO, he was a mass murderer. Attaching him to a political movement is simply wrong, I can't say it any clearer. Was Joseph Stalin a "left wing extremist"?? No, he was a murderer.

Finally, I will end this thread (my part in it) with where we agree. We move past this stuff by integrating, and coming together. I think some (not necessarily you) who constantly try to equate the conservatives with rascism are not helping this cause. We are gonna share this world for a long time, and when someone is truly exercising rascist tendencies they should be called out on it and ostracized no matter ideology. But again, when someone hollars "rascist" because they can't compete in the intellectual debate, or to further their political cause, it hurts everyone involved, black, white, latino, orange and green.

I would also like to add that I do respect people like Harlen, hoosier, tyrone (and others I'm not thinking of immediately) who step up and defend their positions. I hope you all realize I never feel animosity in our discussions. I save that for certain twits who take little jabs that are completely unfounded then backpedal or don't even respond.

I'm still waiting to hear the supposed difference between "racism" and "prejudice". I get the impression that some are calling racism hate of other races, while prejudice is feeling superior to other races. Going with those definitions, liberals lose out on both counts.

Pretty much the only real HATERS left are liberals--your Jeremiah Wright types. Granted, they are probably a minority even among blacks, and they probably don't have many followers among whites (although that Father Pflaggert certainly was one). However, the only remnant of that on the white side is the all out real thing KKK types--which would probably be much fewer in number than the Wright type black racists. And of course, the biggest name Klansman on the scene is in fact, a liberal Democrat--Robert Byrd.

As for "prejudice", THIS is the area where the blatant hypocrisy of Democrats/liberals/either or both comes into play. WHAT COULD BE A MORE SICK MANIFESTATION OF RACIAL PREJUDICE/IMPLIED FEELING OF SUPERIORITY, etc. THAN PICTURING MINORITIES--BLACK AND OTHERWISE--AS BEING INCAPABLE OF COMPETING IN THE SYSTEM WITHOUT THEIR LIBERAL DEMOCRAT PROGRAMS--AFFIRMATIVE ACTION, SOCIAL WELFARE, etc.? That is indeed what liberals are all about. I'd be interested to hear any of them deny it--or to claim their attitude is somehow NOT blatant racial prejudice.

Conservatives/Republicans, on the other hand, believe in what Martin Luther King preached--a level playing field, treating everyone equally, etc. Do black people somehow enjoy having the government reaching into their wallet and grabbing their money as taxes? Do black people somehow enjoy having intrusive government get in their business and make their lives more complicated? Are black people less patriotic/opposed to America being the dominant country in the world? Are black people more likely to favor the gay agenda and abortion and all the other sick liberal positions on moral issues? NOT THE BLACK PEOPLE I KNOW!

The black people I know are just like everybody else--good normal America-loving Americans who like hanging on to more of their own money, who for the most part, may even be a little bit MORE moral than many white people, and who really DON'T think they need government prgrams that assume they need to be carried along and given help. And you can say the same for Hispanics and pretty much any other minorities that liberals want to include in their elitist and PREJUDICIAL programs. .

Rat Starter

...to further their political cause, it hurts everyone involved, black, white, latino, orange and green.
    I doubt orangutans (orange) and aliens (green) care much about human races. We all look the same to them.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    I would have sexual relations with a black woman. If it is good enough for Thomas Jefferson, by golly it is good enough for this guy.

Rat Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz
    I would have sexual relations with a black woman. If it is good enough for Thomas Jefferson, by golly it is good enough for this guy.
    I would love to have a sexual relation with Rihanna. She's super hot.

Rat Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker
    I'm still waiting to hear the supposed difference between "racism" and "prejudice". I get the impression that some are calling racism hate of other races, while prejudice is feeling superior to other races. Going with those definitions, liberals lose out on both counts.

Pretty much the only real HATERS left are liberals--your Jeremiah Wright types. Granted, they are probably a minority even among blacks, and they probably don't have many followers among whites (although that Father Pflaggert certainly was one). However, the only remnant of that on the white side is the all out real thing KKK types--which would probably be much fewer in number than the Wright type black racists. And of course, the biggest name Klansman on the scene is in fact, a liberal Democrat--Robert Byrd.

As for "prejudice", THIS is the area where the blatant hypocrisy of Democrats/liberals/either or both comes into play. WHAT COULD BE A MORE SICK MANIFESTATION OF RACIAL PREJUDICE/IMPLIED FEELING OF SUPERIORITY, etc. THAN PICTURING MINORITIES--BLACK AND OTHERWISE--AS BEING INCAPABLE OF COMPETING IN THE SYSTEM WITHOUT THEIR LIBERAL DEMOCRAT PROGRAMS--AFFIRMATIVE ACTION, SOCIAL WELFARE, etc.? That is indeed what liberals are all about. I'd be interested to hear any of them deny it--or to claim their attitude is somehow NOT blatant racial prejudice.

Conservatives/Republicans, on the other hand, believe in what Martin Luther King preached--a level playing field, treating everyone equally, etc. Do black people somehow enjoy having the government reaching into their wallet and grabbing their money as taxes? Do black people somehow enjoy having intrusive government get in their business and make their lives more complicated? Are black people less patriotic/opposed to America being the dominant country in the world? Are black people more likely to favor the gay agenda and abortion and all the other sick liberal positions on moral issues? NOT THE BLACK PEOPLE I KNOW!

The black people I know are just like everybody else--good normal America-loving Americans who like hanging on to more of their own money, who for the most part, may even be a little bit MORE moral than many white people, and who really DON'T think they need government prgrams that assume they need to be carried along and given help. And you can say the same for Hispanics and pretty much any other minorities that liberals want to include in their elitist and PREJUDICIAL programs. .
    Tex, you sound like Derek Vinyard before he went to prison. There's a scene in American History X where Vinyard makes a rant similar to what you wrote above.

JC Watts, Colin Powell, Condi Rice, Clarence Thomas. We include blacks in our ranks just fine. Again, I reject that statement out of hand.
    Right. And the Mayor of Philadelphia and Tavis Smiley supported Hillary.

I am not saying conservatives can't be rascist, I'm merely pointing out that all rascists are NOT conservative and I would actually argue it is equally spread throughout the political spectrum.
    I've been saying this all along. But 40 years ago it was a very different different story.

And BTW, back then there were many conservative Dems and liberal Republicans.

Tex, you sound like Derek Vinyard before he went to prison. There's a scene in American History X where Vinyard makes a rant similar to what you wrote above.

Actually, no he sounds nothing like derek, I have seen the movie twice, this is just another case of you dropping in for a potshot and making no real point. YOU are exactly the type of liberal I am talking about when I say you hurt the cause of healing past wounds. Its hard to come together as a culture when people like you will scream rascist at the drop of the hat because you have nothing better to add to the conversation....let me say it again for you.

I LOVE THE BLACK MAN (AND ASIAN, HISPANIC, INDIAN, ORANGE, BLUE OR GREEN).