View Poll Results: Are you for or against interracial relationship/marriage?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have no problem with interracial relationship/marriage

25 71.43%
  • People should not mix race

1 2.86%
  • What? You still live in the 50's?

9 25.71%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Interracial Relationship/Marriage: Are you for or against it

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Bigguns

As usual, you conflate being liberal with being a democrat. Being democrat doesn't mean you are a liberal.

I freely admit that there are prejudiced people of all political persuasions, but racism is quite a bit different than being prejudiced.

I rarely have met a black person who thinks blacks are a superior race.
    Ok, I'll play your game.

As usual, you conflate being rascist with being a conservative. And just cuz David Duke runs as a republican does not make him a conservative...he is a bigot and any member of the party would say so. His assosciation with the party is a disgrace, but you can't push a guy out who wins a nomination fair and square.
    Please explain why he would win the nomination? Bush endorsed Treen. What position did he take that differentiated himself from the other republicans?

This oughta be good.

Quote Originally Posted by PackFan#1

I have met several black people who think blacks are a superior race...Dennis Rodman comes to mind immediately.
    Wow, you met Dennis Rodman? Did you ask for his autograph?

WTF? Rodman is not racist. He likes white women and his favorite band is Pearl Jam! You probably--note, I wrote probably as in I am only guessing--think Rodman is racist because you think he sometimes act like a "punk."

Yeah, anyone who acts beyond the "norm" of a conservative's narrow-mind is a punk. Those punk ass hippies. Those punk ass homosexuals. Those punk ass anti-war anti-Americans. Punk ass liberals.
    No, I think rodman is thinks blacks are a superior race because of comments like....."you ain't had a real man til you had a black man." and "ain't no whiteboy who can defend a blackboy" or "the reason I love white women is they are comparing me to whitemen, so I always impress".

These are all close generalities to things I have personally heard him say. And I never said he was a rascist, he's not. He does think blacks are a superior race though which was the point.
    No, he doesn't. He might think they are superior lovers and athletes..but, that is a far cry from superior race.

You make a huge leap in your logic. For shame.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker
    I'm still waiting to hear the supposed difference between "racism" and "prejudice". I get the impression that some are calling racism hate of other races, while prejudice is feeling superior to other races. Going with those definitions, liberals lose out on both counts.
    My god, how is it possible in this day and age to not know the difference...and to get it wrong.

I'm still waiting to hear the supposed difference between "racism" and "prejudice". I get the impression that some are calling racism hate of other races, while prejudice is feeling superior to other races. Going with those definitions, liberals lose out on both counts.

Pretty much the only real HATERS left are liberals--your Jeremiah Wright types. Granted, they are probably a minority even among blacks, and they probably don't have many followers among whites (although that Father Pflaggert certainly was one). However, the only remnant of that on the white side is the all out real thing KKK types--which would probably be much fewer in number than the Wright type black racists. And of course, the biggest name Klansman on the scene is in fact, a liberal Democrat--Robert Byrd.

As for "prejudice", THIS is the area where the blatant hypocrisy of Democrats/liberals/either or both comes into play. WHAT COULD BE A MORE SICK MANIFESTATION OF RACIAL PREJUDICE/IMPLIED FEELING OF SUPERIORITY, etc. THAN PICTURING MINORITIES--BLACK AND OTHERWISE--AS BEING INCAPABLE OF COMPETING IN THE SYSTEM WITHOUT THEIR LIBERAL DEMOCRAT PROGRAMS--AFFIRMATIVE ACTION, SOCIAL WELFARE, etc.? That is indeed what liberals are all about. I'd be interested to hear any of them deny it--or to claim their attitude is somehow NOT blatant racial prejudice.

Conservatives/Republicans, on the other hand, believe in what Martin Luther King preached--a level playing field, treating everyone equally, etc. Do black people somehow enjoy having the government reaching into their wallet and grabbing their money as taxes? Do black people somehow enjoy having intrusive government get in their business and make their lives more complicated? Are black people less patriotic/opposed to America being the dominant country in the world? Are black people more likely to favor the gay agenda and abortion and all the other sick liberal positions on moral issues? NOT THE BLACK PEOPLE I KNOW!

The black people I know are just like everybody else--good normal America-loving Americans who like hanging on to more of their own money, who for the most part, may even be a little bit MORE moral than many white people, and who really DON'T think they need government prgrams that assume they need to be carried along and given help. And you can say the same for Hispanics and pretty much any other minorities that liberals want to include in their elitist and PREJUDICIAL programs. .
    Tex, you sound like Derek Vinyard before he went to prison. There's a scene in American History X where Vinyard makes a rant similar to what you wrote above.

Please stop. You do a disservice to Vinyard. He was for more eloquent and rational then tex.

Duke won the nomination because like byrd he disavowed his rascist past (I for one don't believe either of them, they are both pigs), but more importantly he won because the populace was sick of politicians pushing affirmative action and entitlement crap down their throats and Duke gave them the only real alternative. I still wouldn't have voted for him, but he offered up what people wanted while disavowing his past.

I hope that was as good as you hoped.

As for this one:
    ====================================
    No, he doesn't. He might think they are superior lovers and athletes..but, that is a far cry from superior race.

You make a huge leap in your logic. For shame.
    ==================================

If he believes they are superior in those areas, but doesn't believe they are a superior race, he must think they are inferior in other areas(to bring it back to even)....what areas do you suppose this is?? I'm just asking. This aughta be good!!

As for huge leaps, how about praising a 100 year old man and having that be endorsing his segregationist past? Would liberals feel the same about anyone that praises byrd today?

Duke won the nomination because like byrd he disavowed his rascist past (I for one don't believe either of them, they are both pigs)
    Why do you say Byrd is a pig? I can't vouch for Byrd's racial feelings, but I suspect his conversion is legit.

It would have been very easy for him to leave the Democratic party and join the Republicans, as most southern racists did en masse after the 1960's. He at least stuck it out with the Dems at a time when they were the unpopular champions of Civil Rights in the South.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Bigguns

Pretty much the only real HATERS left are liberals--your Jeremiah Wright types. Granted, they are probably a minority even among blacks, and they probably don't have many followers among whites (although that Father Pflaggert certainly was one). However, the only remnant of that on the white side is the all out real thing KKK types--which would probably be much fewer in number than the Wright type black racists. And of course, the biggest name Klansman on the scene is in fact, a liberal Democrat--Robert Byrd.

As for "prejudice", THIS is the area where the blatant hypocrisy of Democrats/liberals/either or both comes into play. WHAT COULD BE A MORE SICK MANIFESTATION OF RACIAL PREJUDICE/IMPLIED FEELING OF SUPERIORITY, etc. THAN PICTURING MINORITIES--BLACK AND OTHERWISE--AS BEING INCAPABLE OF COMPETING IN THE SYSTEM WITHOUT THEIR LIBERAL DEMOCRAT PROGRAMS--AFFIRMATIVE ACTION, SOCIAL WELFARE, etc.? That is indeed what liberals are all about. I'd be interested to hear any of them deny it--or to claim their attitude is somehow NOT blatant racial prejudice.

Conservatives/Republicans, on the other hand, believe in what Martin Luther King preached--a level playing field, treating everyone equally, etc. Do black people somehow enjoy having the government reaching into their wallet and grabbing their money as taxes? Do black people somehow enjoy having intrusive government get in their business and make their lives more complicated? Are black people less patriotic/opposed to America being the dominant country in the world? Are black people more likely to favor the gay agenda and abortion and all the other sick liberal positions on moral issues? NOT THE BLACK PEOPLE I KNOW!

The black people I know are just like everybody else--good normal America-loving Americans who like hanging on to more of their own money, who for the most part, may even be a little bit MORE moral than many white people, and who really DON'T think they need government prgrams that assume they need to be carried along and given help. And you can say the same for Hispanics and pretty much any other minorities that liberals want to include in their elitist and PREJUDICIAL programs. .
    Tex, you sound like Derek Vinyard before he went to prison. There's a scene in American History X where Vinyard makes a rant similar to what you wrote above.

Please stop. You do a disservice to Vinyard. He was for more eloquent and rational then tex.
    I've never heard of Derek Vinyard or whoever the hell that is.

It is absolutely unequivocally true that elitist assholes of the LEFT are the modern racists for the reasons I described.

And for a pathetic wannabe like Tyrone who gets off on PRETENDING to be black, is it just me, or is that more than a little bit racist too?

Rat Starter

Derek Vinyard: We're so hung up on this notion that we have some obligation to help the struggling black man, you know. Cut him some slack until he can overcome these historical injustices. It's crap. I mean, Christ, Lincoln freed the slaves, like, what? 130 years ago. How long does it take to get your act together?

Derek Vinyard: Alright listen up, we need to open our eyes. There's over two million illegal immigrants bending down in this state tonight. This state spend three billion dollars last year on services, on people who had no right to be here in the first place. Three billion dollars. 400 million just to lock up a bunch of illegal immigrant criminals who only got in this country because the fucking INS decided it's not worth the effort to screen for convicted felons.

Derek Vinyard: Well, this country is becoming a haven for criminals so what do you expect? You know, decent hard-working Americans like my dad are getting rubbed out by social parasites.

Derek Vinyard: Yeah it's race related! Every problem in this country is race related not just crime. It's like... immigration, AIDS, welfare those are problems in them. The Black community, the Hispanic community, the Asian community, they're not white problems.

Derek Vinyard: No. You know, no. They're not products of the environment either that's crap. Minorities don't give two shits about this country, they've come here to exploit it not to embrace it.

Derek Vinyard: Oh it doesn't? You don't think I see what you're trying to do here? You think I'm gonna sit here and smile while some fuckin' kike tries to fuck my mother? It's never gonna happen Murray, fuckin' forget it, not on my watch, not while I'm in this family. I will fuckin' cut your Shylock nose off and stick it up your ass before I let that happen. Coming in here and poisoning my family's dinner with your Jewish, nigger-loving, hippie bullshit. Fuck you! Fuck you! Yeah, walk out, asshole, fuckin' Kabbalah reading motherfucker. Get the fuck out of my house.

Derek Vinyard: We're so hung up on this notion that we have some obligation to help the struggling black man, you know. Cut him some slack until he can overcome these historical injustices. It's crap. I mean, Christ, Lincoln freed the slaves, like, what? 130 years ago. How long does it take to get your act together?

Derek Vinyard: Alright listen up, we need to open our eyes. There's over two million illegal immigrants bending down in this state tonight. This state spend three billion dollars last year on services, on people who had no right to be here in the first place. Three billion dollars. 400 million just to lock up a bunch of illegal immigrant criminals who only got in this country because the fucking INS decided it's not worth the effort to screen for convicted felons.

Derek Vinyard: Well, this country is becoming a haven for criminals so what do you expect? You know, decent hard-working Americans like my dad are getting rubbed out by social parasites.

Derek Vinyard: Yeah it's race related! Every problem in this country is race related not just crime. It's like... immigration, AIDS, welfare those are problems in them. The Black community, the Hispanic community, the Asian community, they're not white problems.

Derek Vinyard: No. You know, no. They're not products of the environment either that's crap. Minorities don't give two shits about this country, they've come here to exploit it not to embrace it.

Derek Vinyard: Oh it doesn't? You don't think I see what you're trying to do here? You think I'm gonna sit here and smile while some fuckin' kike tries to fuck my mother? It's never gonna happen Murray, fuckin' forget it, not on my watch, not while I'm in this family. I will fuckin' cut your Shylock nose off and stick it up your ass before I let that happen. Coming in here and poisoning my family's dinner with your Jewish, nigger-loving, hippie bullshit. Fuck you! Fuck you! Yeah, walk out, asshole, fuckin' Kabbalah reading motherfucker. Get the fuck out of my house.
    And you don't see how comparing tex to this is inflamatory bullshit....honestly??

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby
    Duke won the nomination because like byrd he disavowed his rascist past (I for one don't believe either of them, they are both pigs)
    Why do you say Byrd is a pig? I can't vouch for Byrd's racial feelings, but I suspect his conversion is legit.

It would have been very easy for him to leave the Democratic party and join the Republicans, as most southern racists did en masse after the 1960's. He at least stuck it out with the Dems at a time when they were the unpopular champions of Civil Rights in the South.
    yes, we went over the voting records and saw what champions the dems were.

And I say he is a pig because everything derek vinyard said, byrd said worse in his day. And can't you see how saying he could have left the democrats and joined the republicans is inflamatory bullshit....honestly??

Rat Starter

And you don't see how comparing tex to this is inflammatory bullshit....honestly??
    Well, they are right-wing inflammatory bs, so yes, they compare to tex's right-wing inflammatory bs (but Vinyard's are more eloquent, as Tyrone said).

And you don't see how comparing tex to this is inflammatory bullshit....honestly??
    Well, they are right-wing inflammatory bs, so yes, they compare to tex's right-wing inflammatory bs (but Vinyard's are more eloquent, as Tyrone said).
    Not sure how many times I have to say this....derek vinyard is not rightwing any more than stalin is leftwing, anymore than the unabomber is leftwing, anymore than pot pol was leftwing. Rascist is not a political position, obviously I can't convince you of this, so I might as well quit trying.

Rat Starter

Not sure how many times I have to say this....derek vinyard is not rightwing any more than stalin is leftwing, anymore than the unabomber is leftwing, anymore than pot pol was leftwing. Rascist is not a political position, obviously I can't convince you of this, so I might as well quit trying.
    Actually, Vinyard falls into the category of ultra rightwing. Stalin, ultra leftwing. Extremists exist at both ends of the political spectrum. The difference is that those at the far left seek a utopia. Those at the far right seek...well, what Hitler sought.

Actually, Vinyard falls into the category of ultra rightwing. Stalin, ultra leftwing. There are extremes in the political spectrum.
    Ok, so "rightys" are rascist who kill a few, "lefties" are despots who kill millions...got ya...I still reject it outta hand. These people are pigs, and defining a political position to them isn't fair to anyone. Just cuz the media and others have tried to do it for years doesn't make it so.

Rat Starter

Ok, so "rightys" are rascist who kill a few, "lefties" are despots who kill millions...got ya...I still reject it outta hand. These people are pigs, and defining a political position to them isn't fair to anyone. Just cuz the media and others have tried to do it for years doesn't make it so.
    Actually modern ultra lefties, such as the hippies, are for peace, love and happiness. Ultra righties base their agendas on terrorism (examples: Al Qaeda, kkk).

? HOFer

Actually modern ultra lefties, such as the hippies, are for peace, love and happiness. Ultra righties base their agendas on terrorism (examples: Al Qaeda, kkk).
    That is such stereotypical bullshit.

And I say he is a pig because everything derek vinyard said, byrd said worse in his day. And can't you see how saying he could have left the democrats and joined the republicans is inflamatory bullshit....honestly??
    You say he is a pig because it makes you feel good. There is no evidence that he stands by his KKK days, why assume the worst?

And it is not bullshit to say that Southern racists left the Democratic Party in droves and were welcomed into the Republican Party in the 1970's. This is historical FACT. What is bullshit is your inability to face uncomfortable realities. Honest conservatives such as Newt Gingrich speak openly about the wrong judgement of many conservatives from this period.

Byrd's decision to stay with the Democrats in that era, in the south, shows character.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Partial

Yeah that's really dumb.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Rat Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Partial

Not stereotypes. Truth. Those at the far left seek a utopia, a Marxist society (nothing like the totalitarian communism of Lenin and Stalin). Those at the far right seek a society composed of a sole race or religion. The kkk committed acts of terror in the past. Al qaeda is committing terror today.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    How did this thread take such a direction? The answer is simple. Most of you guys, if Halle Berry walked through the door, would favor interracial marriage/relationships. For me, if Diane Lane walks through my door, I'm not complaining.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck