Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Wisconsin Dams

Wisconsin Dams

Anybody near Lake Delton?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080610/...oH.vB3Q7AE1vAI

LAKE DELTON, Wis. - Engineers kept watch over this rain-deluged state's dams Tuesday after a major collapse nearly emptied Lake Delton in a torrent that washed away houses and a highway.

The Lake Delton breach was caused by violent, drenching weekend thunderstorms that threatened the survival of the tiny Wisconsin town of Gays Mills and displaced thousands of Indiana residents. The stormy weather was blamed for 15 deaths in the Midwest and elsewhere.

I have family nearby in Baraboo. Many places through the state of Wisconsin is getting flooded, plus towns in MN, IL, and IN.

That's a dam shame.
    Lombardi told Starr to "Run it, and let's get the hell out of here!" - 'Ice Bowl' December 31, 1967

? HOFer
    Someone that my dad just brought a commercial rental property lost evidently a 750k-1000k property that they didn't have flood insurance on. He says the guy is screwed.

I like your new avatar Partial! Who is she?

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Partial
    Someone that my dad just brought a commercial rental property lost evidently a 750k-1000k property that they didn't have flood insurance on. He says the guy is screwed.
    Those two sentences didn't make a damn bit of sense.

Quote Originally Posted by LL2
    I like your new avatar Partial! Who is she?
    ditto, hot as fuck

how close is this to the dells?

they had a sewer line break and dump raw sewage into the river. i bet the duck rides are a blast right now

I can't believe it took a mispelled thread from harvey for the posters here who actually live in Wisconson( :P ) to talk about this. I flew out of Milwaukee yesterday and so I saw alot of this first hand. My parents have water in their basement. I've been checking in on Jsonline all day just to see the pictures of the descruction.
    The people who lost their house at lake Delton and are crying to the governor right now should be embarrassed. They bought a house on a strip of land between a large river and a lake and didn't get flood insurance.
    To much of a good thing is an awesome thing

Actually, most of the traditional Wisconsin Dells attractions, including Noah's Ark, the Ducks, Family Land, Kalahari and Wilderness, are all located in Lake Delton and not Wisconsin Dells proper. Lake Delton is the lake that the Tommy Bartlett skiers perform their stunts on; the Ducks also go into Lake Delton on their tours. There are about 20 different resorts located on Lake Delton to provide a more secluded experience for visitors who do not want to stay on the strip.

I used to live right along Dell Creek, which is the channel that flows from Mirror Lake into Lake Delton.

If you're planning on visiting the Dells this summer, you might do well to stay in one of the hotels or resorts on Lake Delton. You won't be able to use the lake, of course, but the rates will probably be cheap and help some of these resorts from losing nearly their entire annual business.

If you have ever been on a Duck ride in the Dells, you have been in Lake Delton. Using this overhead photo from the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, you can see the Wisconsin River on the right. The Duck route crosses Highway A, which is the main road you see in the image, and then the Duck drivers give their riders a thrill by splashing into the lake.

[/url]

? HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz
    Those two sentences didn't make a damn bit of sense.
    My dad bought a commercial property. The guy he bought it from's house was on the lake. He didn't have flood insurance as my dad sells insurance and provides him with it. His home is destroyed and was valued at 750k+.

? HOFer
    Also, out of said buidling, the sewers were backed up in Milwaukee so his basement flooded with sewage. Do to this happening to many, many basements, it was damn near impossible to find someone to take care of it, so my dad and I spent many hours literally ankle deep in shit. It was disgusting.

I spent many hours literally ankle deep in shit. It was disgusting.
    Well, now you know how we feel reading your posts.

? HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Bigguns

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Bigguns
    IF that is your rating system..i'll take it. Solid B.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Also, out of said buidling, the sewers were backed up in Milwaukee so his basement flooded with sewage. Do to this happening to many, many basements, it was damn near impossible to find someone to take care of it, so my dad and I spent many hours literally ankle deep in shit. It was disgusting.
    A few years back this happened to my inlaws. My wife wanted to know if I wanted to go help clean their basement. I told her to go fuck herself, if she would go help I would go help. I remained shit free that day.

? HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz
    A few years back this happened to my inlaws. My wife wanted to know if I wanted to go help clean their basement. I told her to go fuck herself, if she would go help I would go help. I remained shit free that day.
    Thats kind of a dick move. That's your family, man.

Quote Originally Posted by GoPackGo
    I can't believe it took a mispelled thread from harvey for the posters here who actually live in Wisconson( :P )
    Oops. In my defense, I do know how to spell Wisconsin and the "i" and the "o" are close to each other on the keyboard.

they had a dirty jobs episode of that. these people had shit all the way up the walls and on the ceilings. everything in the basement was just soaked in someone elses shit

that that looked like shit bombs went off in it.

no way i'm handling that shit, no pun intended

if that happens to my house, its gas cans and lighter time

Quote Originally Posted by red

they had a sewer line break and dump raw sewage into the river. i bet the duck rides are a blast right now
    That's nothing compared to the millions of gallons that the city of Milwaukee dumps into Lake MI every time they get lots of rain. Which means the beaches up in Door County will be closed again. Why the hell are they not getting fined up the wazoo for that? Someone in city hall is sleeping with the DNR apparently.

I have been working near the Dells recently. It's an absolute mess, not only in Lake Delton, but near Beaver Dam and Reedsburg as well.