Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Wisconsin Dams

? HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Zool
    Quote Originally Posted by red
    i'm with nutz

i think it was a dickish move by the in-laws to even ask for help in that situation

no fucking way

i have a hard enough time whiping my own ass, much less clean up the inlaws shit
    Not to mention the shit of everyone in the neighborhood. There's no fucking way I would be cleaning shit out of a basement in hip waders. Not even my own house. There's certain things you just have someone else do.
    Right... But the point is obvious to me that no one was available. Are you going to let all of your stuff get ruined and have potential structural damage to your house? Its not like there are a million waste clean up companies and when it happens to much of a county... Let me just say that I am glad you guys aren't in my family because you gentlemen don't seem very reliable when the shut literally hits the fan

I have a line I wont cross, and cleaning up the neighbors shit is at that line.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

The thing about storm sewers flooding the basement is you're never really sure whose shit you're cleaning up. :P

? HOFer
    Thats fine. But neighbors aren't family. And I'm just saying don't write anything off until you're in a position of need. I can't imagine a situation where I would not be pissed if a family member would rather sit home and jerk off than help me when the situation is dire like that.

BTW, unless your dad has a wood basement, I dont see any real issues with structural damage. Even then, the water would have to sit there for a ridiculous amount of time.

Not to mention the used tampons floating around from the lady down the street with a little fromage downtown.

Quote Originally Posted by Partial
    Thats fine. But neighbors aren't family. And I'm just saying don't write anything off until you're in a position of need. I can't imagine a situation where I would not be pissed if a family member would rather sit home and jerk off than help me when the situation is dire like that.
    I dont think you get it. The shit in the basement is not just from your dads place. Its from the whole area.

I dont think you get it. The shit in the basement is not just from your dads place. Its from the whole area.
    Come on Zool, that's a ridiculous assumption.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

I would posit that when roots clogged our sewer pipe and backed up into the basement, I handled the work myself. Since the backage was on our end, it was our own waste, but I wouldn't even ask my wife, let alone extended family, to help with that shit. Some things a man's just got to take care of himself.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't want, much less expect, other people mucking about in my dirty water. I would rather I be the only one who has to face the prospect of being covered in shit even if it takes four times longer to accomplish the clean-up.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

This has become one shitty thread! I think I will wait an hour before I eat lunch.

? HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket
    I would posit that when roots clogged our sewer pipe and backed up into the basement, I handled the work myself. Since the backage was on our end, it was our own waste, but I wouldn't even ask my wife, let alone extended family, to help with that shit. Some things a man's just got to take care of himself.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't want, much less expect, other people mucking about in my dirty water. I would rather I be the only one who has to face the prospect of being covered in shit even if it takes four times longer to accomplish the clean-up.
    Right, I wouldn't ask either, but if my partners parents (whom are likely older based on nutz age) asked, they obviously couldn't get someone to clean it up, and probably could have used the break.

The point is it seems really ungrateful. Thats not how family should be treated.

Two dogs are eating shit. One says "Hey, this is some great shit." The other dog says, "Ehhh, I've had better."

Two dogs are eating shit. One dog says "This shit can't be good for you." The other one says "Yeah, well, it's not gonna kill you either."

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar

Right, I wouldn't ask either, but if my partners parents (whom are likely older based on nutz age) asked, they obviously couldn't get someone to clean it up, and probably could have used the break.

The point is it seems really ungrateful. Thats not how family should be treated.
    They had a son they could have asked to help, maybe he did I can't remember. They were capable people at the time, and to go with Skin's post they didn't ask me, my wife did. I said as soon as she put on her hip waiters and climbed down those steps, I would be right behind her.

Again, because your daddy is a cheap bastard, and has you under his thumb you gotta hate.

? HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz

They had a son they could have asked to help, maybe he did I can't remember. They were capable people at the time, and to go with Skin's post they didn't ask me, my wife did. I said as soon as she put on her hip waiters and climbed down those steps, I would be right behind her.

Again, because your daddy is a cheap bastard, and has you under his thumb you gotta hate.
    It was not a matter of money, he had it professionally cleaned yesterday. It was a matter of availability.

I help out of kindness.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar

It was not a matter of money, he had it professionally cleaned yesterday. It was a matter of availability.

I help out of kindness.
    You didn't do it out of kindness, you did it for Longoria, it is everything that you work for.

Quote Originally Posted by LL2
    I have family nearby in Baraboo. Many places through the state of Wisconsin is getting flooded, plus towns in MN, IL, and IN.
    My brother and his family live in Baraboo. I used to live in Baraboo a 5 years ago. I hope everyone is alright.

I feel so bad for the farmers. I had to do some traveling through Iowa today for work.....ran into a couple bad storms . There are just miles and miles of fields sitting full of water.

Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007
    I feel so bad for the farmers. I had to do some traveling through Iowa today for work.....ran into a couple bad storms . There are just miles and miles of fields sitting full of water.
    i heard that yesterday on the radio that all the farmers in iowa are in big trouble

not good

Quote Originally Posted by red
    Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007
    i heard that yesterday on the radio that all the farmers in iowa are in big trouble

not good
    The price of corn and soybeans has already jumped...the farmers have crop insurance which we pay....and we also have to pay for higher priced goods because of the damage. Double wammy time.
    C.H.U.D.

I help out of kindness.
    Then what are you bitching about? If they had it cleaned professionally, then you have to know that there are companies out there whose livelihood is cleaning up these messes. Like I posted before, I only had stormwater in my basement and the company swept in, wouldn't even let me touch my own stuff. They had special wet vacs and special fans and stripped the whole basement down to the studs, removed the flooring and used special cleaning solutions on the slab and studs and wouldn't even let us down there until the thing was dry. The water department ended up paying for it and paying us for our belongings that were damaged. Nutz doesn't have to do this, nor do any of the rest of us. One phone call and they send people out to do it for you. Now quit being an ass.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings