Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Wisconsin Dams

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out
    Quote Originally Posted by red
    Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007
    I feel so bad for the farmers. I had to do some traveling through Iowa today for work.....ran into a couple bad storms . There are just miles and miles of fields sitting full of water.
    i heard that yesterday on the radio that all the farmers in iowa are in big trouble

not good
    The price of corn and soybeans has already jumped...the farmers have crop insurance which we pay....and we also have to pay for higher priced goods because of the damage. Double wammy time.
    I think we will be looking at some tough times ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by red
    I feel so bad for the farmers. I had to do some traveling through Iowa today for work.....ran into a couple bad storms . There are just miles and miles of fields sitting full of water.
    i heard that yesterday on the radio that all the farmers in iowa are in big trouble

not good
    The price of corn and soybeans has already jumped...the farmers have crop insurance which we pay....and we also have to pay for higher priced goods because of the damage. Double wammy time.
    I think we will be looking at some tough times ahead.
    No doubt about it...I hear the weather is still bad in your neck of the woods. Not being a midwestern farmer I'm ignorant how fast corn grows so I'm curious if they can recover if a crop is planted in lets say...three weeks?
    C.H.U.D.

Looking at some of the pictures of Cedar Rapids online it looks pretty bad over there. The entire town is under water. It’s going to take a while to clean up that mess.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    What the fuck did Iowa do to piss off God? Tornados and now floods. All you Iowians better get on your knees and do some praying.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    double post? What the Fuck?

No doubt about it...I hear the weather is still bad in your neck of the woods. Not being a midwestern farmer I'm ignorant how fast corn grows so I'm curious if they can recover if a crop is planted in lets say...three weeks?
    I was curious about that too and asked. I was told the only way they would have a crop this year would be if they could plant again in the next week. I'm positive that won't be happening as the fields are sitting in water. Ever hear the old farmers saying....."knee high by the 4th of July"? That's how tall the corn is supposed to be by then. Right now what I saw was about 2-3 inches high and I'm sure rotting as it sits in water.

Heard some more bad news today for many people....lots of trees...even large old trees are falling because the ground is so saturated the roots have nothing to cling to. weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz
    What the fuck did Iowa do to piss off God? Tornados and now floods. All you Iowians better get on your knees and do some praying.
    More storms predicted Sun and Mon....but dang it was nice to see the sun today for a change.....I even left work early today in honor!

Quote Originally Posted by LL2
    Looking at some of the pictures of Cedar Rapids online it looks pretty bad over there. The entire town is under water. It’s going to take a while to clean up that mess.
    i saw those too on yahoo

wow thats bad. the whole city is underwater