Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby
Quote Originally Posted by Tarlam!
At the point where they followed him onto his property, they became intruders. According to the tapes on youtube and from what I can gather the ununiformed police officer had to say, he acted in self defense.

If these are the facts, then I agree he had a right to shoot the bastards.

But that doesn't sound likely. He shot both guys in the back as they were running away. Obviously a shot in the air would have accomplished his self-protection, if even that were needed. And the cops were already on the scene, and Joe Horn knew it, he shot them while he had the chance. The New York Times emphasised that it was "protection of property" that the jury used to let Smokin' Joe off.

That jury sounds a lot like the OJ jury.
It seems to me, (I listened to the tape you posted, did you?), that it is a fact that the intruders were at one time charging Joe Horn on his property. So, I think your point is mute.

Somebody posted that back in the day your country was becoming great, everyone had a gun and would have used it in a similar way to Joe horn, given the circumstances were similar.

Now, in 1776, I doubt there were too many illegal alien Colombians breaking into your neighbors house. But over the 232 year period since then, liberal law makers in my country as well as yours have basically put out a welcome mat for criminals.

That has got to stop. With the world economy going ape-shit, honest people can no longer afford the luxury of leniency.

Your example of kids stealing beer from my garage is pathetic. They shouldn't be stealing anything from my garage and they wouldn't be, if they knew I had a shotgun and was prepared to protect my beer with it.