View Poll Results: when is it ok to shoot somebody dead?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • In self defense of myself and family's safety

11 37.93%
  • I see somebody commiting a violent & dangerous crime like armed robbery or rape

6 20.69%
  • My own property has been trespassed and I fear my property is threatened

4 13.79%
  • I see a large crime against property, such as insider trading

0 0%
  • I see a small crime against property underway - my neighbor's car being burglarized

0 0%
  • I see any crime underway

8 27.59%
Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Shoot um up

Shoot um up

I'm interested in the threshold where people think it's ok to take a shotgun and blow somebody's head off.

I've tried to arrange the situations in order of increasing seriousness, so that if you vote for one situation, you'd also vote for the crimes about it. I know its not perfect. So shoot me.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    There are a couple of them where I wouldn't hesitate to shoot somebody. If you can kill a deer, you can kill a person and eat them.

Ridiculous. When is it OK for anything 100% of the time? I know you think you're funny, but you're the only one laughing, and you're no Andy Kauffman.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You forgot "The person is wearing different colors then your gangs".

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker
    How many gangs can one person belong to?

Quote Originally Posted by Zool
    Ridiculous. When is it OK for anything 100% of the time? I know you think you're funny, but you're the only one laughing, and you're no Andy Kauffman.
    I'm not being funny. Alright, fine, it is hard to sign-on 100% for some of the categories. Then pick a category and explain what criteria the shotgun holder should use in deciding when to fire.

You are just a Sears MExican and the closest you ever came to a gang was watching Spanky & Our Gang on TV. I can't believe anybody still believes your bullshit. You are no vato loco, girlfriend. ( i learned that word at the same place you learn all your slang talk.)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz
    How many gangs can one person belong to?
    You can have your neighborhood set, followed by the the city affiliations.

But you know I actually meant "gang's" you sorry bitch.

Blood in Blood out was a good flick.

Mad's a pachuco though, not a cholo.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby
    You are just a Sears MExican and the closest you ever came to a gang was watching Spanky & Our Gang on TV. I can't believe anybody still believes your bullshit. You are no vato loco, girlfriend. ( i learned that word at the same place you learn all your slang talk.)
    Shut yer trap your screamin ninny (how do you like my cracka slang you stupid hoe?). A gay ass joto like youself just needs to stay where you are safely able to hunger for young boys without consequence.

Im gonna stop by your boarding house room when I go to GB this year and take your TV in front of you since you said you wont do shit about it anyways, fucking panocha.

Im gonna stop by your boarding house room when I go to GB this year and take your TV in front of you since you said you wont do shit about it anyways, fucking panocha.
    Can we start a gang for this? The thought of a mob of packerrats assaulting Harlan's hovel and taking everything that's not nailed down seems like a good idea. It would be cathartic and should only take a minute or two. Maybe we could burn it all in his front yard while chanting "yes we can!"
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket
    Can we start a gang for this?
    YES WE CAN!

The thought of a mob of packerrats assaulting Harlan's hovel and taking everything that's not nailed down seems like a good idea.

I can't imagine what would be worth taking.

Skin's prolly running low on Astro Glide and naked pictures of Danny Terrio

Can some legal eagle weigh in here. Is insider trading considering a property crime as Harlan suggests?

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby
    when is it ok to shoot somebody dead?

It ought to be ok anytime Harlan starts a stupid poll.

If someone is in my home threatening my family I'll kill them...if they are inside my home they better surrender fast or they are dead. If they run I'll let them go as long as nobody was hurt....although I'd be tempted to shoot them just on principles but many have gone to jail here for intruders shot outside the home. I'm not going to shoot someone because they broke into my fucking car..property is replaceable.
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out
    If someone is in my home threatening my family I'll kill them...if they are inside my home they better surrender fast or they are dead. If they run I'll let them go as long as nobody was hurt....although I'd be tempted to shoot them just on principles but many have gone to jail here for intruders shot outside the home. I'm not going to shoot someone because they broke into my fucking car..property is replaceable.
    I agree. Although if you do shoot them on the way out make sure they are dead. I think the judicial system is screwed up if someone goes to jail for shooting an intruder. I'd also vote to shoot someone for rape, child molestation, and wife or child beating.

In the Joe Horn story, there were no intruders. Just a couple of Columbians in the neighbor's yard running away with some loot. Still, many people thought it was ok to shoot um in the back.

I think most of it comes down to how pissed-off you are. People get pissed-off by burglars, the thought of burglary hits close to home, so they don't mind Joe wasting the columbians. But lets say the bank manager catches an employee sneaking off with some money, most people wouldn't agree with the bank manager getting a shotgun out of his closet and wasting the thief.

Can we start a gang for this? The thought of a mob of packerrats assaulting Harlan's hovel and taking everything that's not nailed down seems like a good idea. It would be cathartic and should only take a minute or two. Maybe we could burn it all in his front yard while chanting "yes we can!"
    I'm gonna fill a squirt gun with ejaculate, and don't think I'll be afraid to use it. Nobody messes with my stuff.