View Poll Results: when is it ok to shoot somebody dead?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • In self defense of myself and family's safety

11 37.93%
  • I see somebody commiting a violent & dangerous crime like armed robbery or rape

6 20.69%
  • My own property has been trespassed and I fear my property is threatened

4 13.79%
  • I see a large crime against property, such as insider trading

0 0%
  • I see a small crime against property underway - my neighbor's car being burglarized

0 0%
  • I see any crime underway

8 27.59%
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Shoot um up

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Bigguns
    Hi God...it's me tyrone.

If it isn't too much trouble..can you have tex trespass on my lawn. I promise to put him down mercifully.

Your humble servant..tyrone.

Better ask God to grant you a clean shot from the safety of your closet.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker
    You don't draw a distinction between INNOCENT victims and CRIMINALS?
    everyone is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law in America.

And that should include Joe Horn, who you called a cold blooded murderer.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by twoseven
    We are coming at this from different sides. I agree 100% with you and him about the idea of killing to protect your family from imminenet danger or threat. I have been talking about more than just that. Don't look down on me for looking at all the angles and considering how I personally would handle a situation that was not such a threat, especially when the wrong decision made by me IN THAT SITUATION could ALSO fuck my family over because daddy is now in jail. Harlan started this whole string to try and get a measure of what and how much it would take to feel you needed to kill someone, I gave my answer.
    It's all good man. Im not downing on you just trying to make my point that in a perfect world you might be able to stop them but if someone has the balls to break into a house there is no way to tell what else they will be down to do. Things are going to happen and they will happen fast. Giving someone who has invaded my pad any advantage is not an option. Maybe you are right, a kill first mindset may not be needed but a attack first one is.

I saw the pics you posted and I bet you would provide a good beating to some scumbag (even worse if he is mexican ).

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz
    In all honestly I think Joe Horn might have overreacted.

Agreed. The key word being "might". That's why there was an investigation, and it went before a grand jury to decide if he "did" overreact. The grand jury decided the case did not have enough merit to even warrant a trial. They, like you, decided not to presume that Joe just went a huntin, did it out of anger, and because of his prejudice against Columbian illegals. I doubt any of them called Joe a cold blooded murderer, compared him to OJ, or make lame attempts to equate what Joe did to killing teens for stealing beer.

I don't think anyone here claimed to know for certain what Joe was thinking, beyond making educated guesses. Well, anyone besides our usual resident "exception".

Mr. Horn could have justifiably felt that he was a target by these criminals, I don't know how he felt, and neither does Harlan, or Tyrone, or Tex, or Scott, or Skin.
    His comments that he was gonna kill 'um when he saw them coming out of his neighbor's house is a pretty good clue that Joe's intent was to prevent them from getting away with their crime, not to protect himself or his own property. It is harder to interpret the scene once he went outside.

What I can tell you, I am not going to wait and find out the intentions of bad people. If someone is attempting or committing a violent act of aggression, like breaking into your house, robbing you, threatening bodily harm, I am not going to sit back and hope everything is going to work out. So there is your answer Harlan.
    I don't disagree with this. I think most people would use weapons when they are threatened.

The interesting question is if it is OK to kill somebody when you see them committing a crime, like if you spot somebody breaking into a car.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell
    Joe a cold blooded murderer, compared him to OJ
    OJ is just as innocent as Joe, they were both cleared by a jury.

I think they are both murderers. They are innocent before the law, but that doesn't mean I have to see them that way.

Mr. Horn could have justifiably felt that he was a target by these criminals, I don't know how he felt, and neither does Harlan, or Tyrone, or Tex, or Scott, or Skin.
    His comments that he was gonna kill 'um when he saw them coming out of his neighbor's house is a pretty good clue that Joe's intent was to prevent them from getting away with their crime, not to protect himself or his own property. It is harder to interpret the scene once he went outside.

What I can tell you, I am not going to wait and find out the intentions of bad people. If someone is attempting or committing a violent act of aggression, like breaking into your house, robbing you, threatening bodily harm, I am not going to sit back and hope everything is going to work out. So there is your answer Harlan.
    I don't disagree with this. I think most people would use weapons when they are threatened.

The interesting question is if it is OK to kill somebody when you see them committing a crime, like if you spot somebody breaking into a car.
    No its not ok to kill someone for property damage outside of your home. Inside your home anything goes in my opinion. If the robber is crazy enough to break into my house who knows what else he is crazy enough to do while inside. I'm definately firing at his chest if he doesn't do what I say or makes a sudden move.
    To much of a good thing is an awesome thing

I agree with your take, GoPAck. But those guys with the itchy balls are startin to get on my nerves. I'm thinking of bringing charges against you for indecent exposure, a poll may be in the works.

I agree with your take, GoPAck. But those guys with the itchy balls are startin to get on my nerves. I'm thinking of bringing charges against you for indecent exposure, a poll may be in the works.
    your little blue dog and viva france location info has been getting on my nerves for 2 years.

Joe a cold blooded murderer, compared him to OJ
    OJ is just as innocent as Joe.........

Wrong again Harlan:

On February 5, 1997 a civil jury in Santa Monica, California unanimously found Simpson liable for the wrongful death of Ronald Goldman, battery against Ronald Goldman, and battery against Nicole Brown.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    These comments could refer to the anger emotion that he was feeling, he felt his community was being invaded. Again do I make the same decision, most likely not, but just because he was intending to shoot them doesn't point to his reasoning, like I said he could have been feeling that his house was next, maybe not the same night, but to argue that these criminals didn't pose some danger at the moment or in the future to Mr. Horn is not accurate.

Dear God,

It's tyrone again. Please allow one of Tex's neighbors to sell their house. Please allow said neighbor to make a nice profit.

Please god, allow tex to welcome me to the neighborhood uninvited.

yours in eternal devotion,
    Tyrone
    Wow, a lot of action in this thread! Tyrone, check out Aynrand's picture on P. 12 of the pussy with the pop gun. When I read your post, that's what comes to mind.

Just the same, come on down, and bring your little pop gun. There's a for sale sign two doors down. You won't be uninvited, because I'm officially inviting you now. My old eyes aren't what they used to be, but with you there plugging any of those trespassers that get past me, I'll feel a helluva lot safer.

Harlan, you better not assume I'm the only one supporting people doing stuff like Horn did. There are several others right here in this forum, and trust me, a solid majority of us in the country in general.

BTW, God doesn't answer the prayers of liberals. You haven't figured that out by now?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker

BTW, God doesn't answer the prayers of liberals. You haven't figured that out by now?
    The problem is, he has a hard time figuring out what liberals are praying for...

"A liberal was praying in Oct. of 2004. S/he said 'Dear Supreme Being, please save the United States and make sure John Kerry is elected President.' God answered: 'Well, make up your mind, which one do you want?'

Jesus even tried w/the Liberals:

"Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing."
    After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardRoark

Then the liberals tapped their feet in public bathrooms. Err....which was that again?

Might want to shoot this line over to a couple priests too?
    Leviticus:18:22
    Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool
    Quote Originally Posted by HowardRoark

Then the liberals tapped their feet in public bathrooms. Err....which was that again?

Was it this guy?

skin, no sweat, and don't take my tone to be pissed either. i think about shit like this a lot because i am overly protective of my family and i am a little paranoid and am too often looking to make a fight where there should be none..so i can be a little testy when these matters come up.

Nutz, agreed.

Mad, if I caught a Mexican I'd throw my gun aside and we'g go toe-to-toe like those two guys in the Michael Jackson Beat It Video, tie our wrists and pull out the switchblades, Harlan would be to the side jumping up and down and clapping frantically in an excited manner.

mraynrand said it very well as did skin that we all have different levels of shit we would put up with before making a move. criteria that would effect it (gun in house, family to protect, insurance on personal items, time of day, how you react to stress of the moment, neighborhood you live in, visual of the perps) would alter all of our tolerance levels and we might get 20 different reactions to 20 perp confrontations.

True story...15 years ago two perps entered my parents' three level home, proceeded directly upstairs and into the master bedroom where they found and stole two very expensive pieces of jewelry and made their way out of the house, undetected. It was summertime and broad daylight, my father was at work, my mother was actually in the basement of the house and had no clue it happened (everything is carpeted in plush, easy to roam house in silence) until she made her way upstairs later on and noticed the jewelry box on her dresser sitting open and the two pieces missing. She about had a mental breakdown because of it and it took months before she could be in that home alone with the doors unlocked. They installed a security system immediately.

My question to anyone willing to answer..let's say you happened to be in that master bedroom of my parents' house when the perps walked in, what would you have done? I'll even say you had a pistol close by and got hold of it as they entered the room (it's a pretty good sized room)..so, are the two perps dead? What do you think you would have done?

I would have put up my dukes like 30's style boxing an shit.
    If a pistol was available I would have ordered them on the ground and if they didn't comply I'd start shooting

Quote Originally Posted by GoPackGo
    I would have put up my dukes like 30's style boxing an shit.
    If a pistol was available I would have ordered them on the ground and if they didn't comply I'd start shooting

Same. And they don't have 20 seconds to think about it either.

Hi God...it's me tyrone.

If it isn't too much trouble..can you have tex trespass on my lawn. I promise to put him down mercifully.

Your humble servant..tyrone.

Better ask God to grant you a clean shot from the safety of your closet.
    Won't be in closet...clearly, according to you...and texas law..all i need is trespasser and to feel frightened.

Tex on lawn is trespasser...read tex's posts...clearly i would be frightened.