View Poll Results: when is it ok to shoot somebody dead?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • In self defense of myself and family's safety

11 37.93%
  • I see somebody commiting a violent & dangerous crime like armed robbery or rape

6 20.69%
  • My own property has been trespassed and I fear my property is threatened

4 13.79%
  • I see a large crime against property, such as insider trading

0 0%
  • I see a small crime against property underway - my neighbor's car being burglarized

0 0%
  • I see any crime underway

8 27.59%
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Shoot um up

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby
    I'm gonna fill a squirt gun with ejaculate, and don't think I'll be afraid to use it. Nobody messes with my stuff.

I always wondered why you watch the View every day - you sick fuck.

In the Joe Horn story, there were no intruders.
    What the fuck are you calling them? Propertial interlopers? Borrowers of other people's shit?

Or is this like, "there is no spoon."
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket
    What the fuck are you calling them? Propertial interlopers? Borrowers of other people's shit?

They weren't intruders of Mr. Horn's home.

I think a lot of people (including Mr. Basket) didn't listen to the youtube audio of the 911 call. It really tells a story, Joe is pretty open about why he is gonna waste those two.

John Horn is every bit as much of a cold-blooded murderer as OJ. Our imperfect legal system excused both of them, but that doesn't mean we should approve of what they did.

Some people in our country are appalled that Islamic Law allows a thief's hand to be cut-off. The kooks in the Christian World, mostly concentrated in the U.S., go far more extreme: it's ok to murder an apparent thief, even if they aren't on your property and pose no threat.

Recently, tough-guy, gang-banger-pretend Madtown made a passionate speech about how it is wrong to prevent convicted felons from voting. Now he turns around and says it is right to prevent unconvicted felons from breathing or walking.

speeding....if someone is speeding down the road and could cause an accident that kills someone I put a 9mm drill bit in their forehead...I have no tolerance for law breakers.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Senior Rat HOFer the_idle_threat's Avatar
    I think you should only wing somebody for jaywalking. No need to get all crazy vigilante here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Bigguns

That doesn't make them not-intruders. Or is it only a crime if it affects you personally?
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

That doesn't make them not-intruders. Or is it only a crime if it affects you personally?
    At the point where they followed him onto his property, they became intruders. According to the tapes on youtube and from what I can gather the ununiformed police officer had to say, he acted in self defense.

I think a lot of people (including Mr. Basket) didn't listen to the youtube audio of the 911 call. It really tells a story, Joe is pretty open about why he is gonna waste those two.

Hmmmm. Did you listen to the youtube audio of the 911 call Harlan? Because many of the user comments there mirrored the comments on this site. It appears there are lots and lots of Americans that believe Joe is a hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell
    It appears there are lots and lots of Americans that believe Joe is a hero.
    Damn it, SC. *footstomp* *tantrum*

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead
    speeding....if someone is speeding down the road and could cause an accident that kills someone I put a 9mm drill bit in their forehead...I have no tolerance for law breakers.
    HAAAAAAAAAAA
    Lombardi told Starr to "Run it, and let's get the hell out of here!" - 'Ice Bowl' December 31, 1967

Now he (Madtown) turns around and says it is right to prevent unconvicted felons from breathing or walking.

Hmmmm. I don't remember Madtown saying that.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Recently, tough-guy, gang-banger-pretend Madtown made a passionate speech about how it is wrong to prevent convicted felons from voting. Now he turns around and says it is right to prevent unconvicted felons from breathing or walking.
    If Im such a pussy why didnt you accept my free ticket invite to the bears/Packers game last year? Cuz you aint nothing but a big, scary bitch. Real man, yeah right, you aint nothign but a real wimp.

As for you ignorant comment, I said convicted felons who have done their time and have gotten their shit together and are now contributing members of society should be allowed to vote again. These guys that got blasted dont fit that description so dont try to spin things cuz you really aint very good at it despite your belief that you are highly intelligent you fucking balls licker.

The proper response was.....YET....and now they won't be ever.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thats what makes Mr Horn a hero IMO. He did something that is badly lacking Im America today, not turning a blind eye to something bad going down right in front of him.

If we thought a little more like Mr Horn the world would be a much better place.

Can we start a gang for this? The thought of a mob of packerrats assaulting Harlan's hovel and taking everything that's not nailed down seems like a good idea. It would be cathartic and should only take a minute or two. Maybe we could burn it all in his front yard while chanting "yes we can!"
    I'm gonna fill a squirt gun with ejaculate, and don't think I'll be afraid to use it. Nobody messes with my stuff.
    Go ahead. I'm wearing a condom!

And I voted for the first one only.

Joe Horn murdered those two guys and he was wrong.

But I can't get excited about the injustice of not prosecuting him.

I'll bet crime goes down on his block anyway.
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

Senior Rat Veteran CyclonePackFan's Avatar

John Horn is every bit as much of a cold-blooded murderer as OJ. Our imperfect legal system excused both of them, but that doesn't mean we should approve of what they did.

Some people in our country are appalled that Islamic Law allows a thief's hand to be cut-off. The kooks in the Christian World, mostly concentrated in the U.S., go far more extreme: it's ok to murder an apparent thief, even if they aren't on your property and pose no threat.

1.) First of all, the term "cold-blooded murderer" implies to me someone killed a person with no remorse. Joe Horn has since expressed regret for what he did, and has stated that if he could relive the scenario, he wouldn't go outside. That doesn't sound "cold-blooded" to me.

2.) They were on his property, and they were posing a threat.

Public opinion of Joe Horn in the Houston area (which, by the way, is a lot more diverse than you'd like to portray. You want to see old "shoot-em-up Texas", head out towards El Paso). is 2-to-1 in support of Horn. I still say we pin a medal on the man, and no, I'm not a neo-con conservative. I've never owned, held, or shot a gun. I still wouldn't mind one bit if he moved next door to me.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead
    ok, then they crank-open the crashed car and there in the back seat is the driver's dead, pregnant wife, about to give birth.

That doesn't make them not-intruders. Or is it only a crime if it affects you personally?[/quote]

Are you saying that it is ok to shoot anyone you see committing a crime? Where do YOU draw the line? You were opposed to shooting teenagers spotted stealing beer from the neighbors garage. But you are cool with shooting fleeing columbians. Why the differentiation? (I suspect it is just a difference in anger, but speak for yourself.)

In my opinion, it is only a crime worthy of a shooting if someone's safety is at stake.

The handful of people who gave serious thought to this questions gave answers that I think most people will reach if they start thinking about the consequences. Firearms should only be used as a last resort, in self defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarlam!
    At the point where they followed him onto his property, they became intruders. According to the tapes on youtube and from what I can gather the ununiformed police officer had to say, he acted in self defense.

If these are the facts, then I agree he had a right to shoot the bastards.

But that doesn't sound likely. He shot both guys in the back as they were running away. Obviously a shot in the air would have accomplished his self-protection, if even that were needed. And the cops were already on the scene, and Joe Horn knew it, he shot them while he had the chance. The New York Times emphasised that it was "protection of property" that the jury used to let Smokin' Joe off.

That jury sounds a lot like the OJ jury.