View Poll Results: when is it ok to shoot somebody dead?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • In self defense of myself and family's safety

11 37.93%
  • I see somebody commiting a violent & dangerous crime like armed robbery or rape

6 20.69%
  • My own property has been trespassed and I fear my property is threatened

4 13.79%
  • I see a large crime against property, such as insider trading

0 0%
  • I see a small crime against property underway - my neighbor's car being burglarized

0 0%
  • I see any crime underway

8 27.59%
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22

Thread: Shoot um up

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Bigguns
    Quote Originally Posted by HowardRoark

You do seem a little whiny.
    Jews are whiny?

......told you he was a race baiter.
    Third post of this scott. Hasn't improved each post.

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy
    You guys are giving me carpal tunnel.
    BTW, I got carpal tunnel. Holy shit! I had NO idea how painful and debilitating it can be! Shit. It came on over about 4 months, it was just a minor irritation. And then BAMMM! Your whole hand is crippled, extremely painful.

I'm about over it now. Been working the mouse with my left hand, wearing a splint on my CT hand.

Just a cautionary note: CT is a major episode to happen to ya. IF you feel yourself getting a minor sprained wrist feeling, better take care of it.

But, if i have a problem..then it must come down to the same thing....conservatives don't like me.

I can live with that.

P.S. Of that list...i wouldn't exactly be happy about putting oneself in their camp...Tex, partial, Woody. LOL

right on, Tyrone.

I've found that the conservative posse here turns every discussion into an attack on individual posters or "dang liberals." It really is lame.

Have you noticed that Tyrone and myself are pretty much the only liberals or moderates who particapte in issue discussions? All the decent folk have given up - JoeMailman, Oregon, BallHawk, etc. I guess Ty & myself are the only liberals crusty and ornery enough to keep playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby
    All the decent folk have given up - JoeMailman, Oregon, BallHawk, etc. I guess Ty & myself are the only liberals crusty and ornery enough to keep playing.

Is that what happened? I just assumed they didn't want to be associated with you two anymore. Thanks for clarifying.

p.s. Glad your trigger finger feels better.

BTW, I got carpal tunnel. Holy shit! I had NO idea how painful and debilitating it can be! Shit. It came on over about 4 months, it was just a minor irritation. And then BAMMM! Your whole hand is crippled, extremely painful.

I'm about over it now.

I guess this means you can now get back to the important business of being Harlan.

I'm gonna fill a squirt gun with ejaculate, and don't think I'll be afraid to use it.

But, if i have a problem..then it must come down to the same thing....conservatives don't like me.

I can live with that.

P.S. Of that list...i wouldn't exactly be happy about putting oneself in their camp...Tex, partial, Woody. LOL

right on, Tyrone.

I've found that the conservative posse here turns every discussion into an attack on individual posters or "dang liberals." It really is lame.

Have you noticed that Tyrone and myself are pretty much the only liberals or moderates who particapte in issue discussions? All the decent folk have given up - JoeMailman, Oregon, BallHawk, etc. I guess Ty & myself are the only liberals crusty and ornery enough to keep playing.
    Just for the record, I never turn it personal, but it sure seems to get there plenty when someone is getting whooped.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead

I can live with that.

right on, Tyrone.

Just for the record, I never turn it personal, but it sure seems to get there plenty when someone is getting whooped.
    More from the Rove/Atwater school. You made spurrious accusations of race without EVER presenting evidence.

Whooped: If that is your view so be it.

I'll just leave you with this little Talking Heads' nugget:

Facts are simple and facts are straight
    Facts are lazy and facts are late
    Facts all come with points of view
    Facts don't do what I want them to
    Facts just twist the truth around
    Facts are living turned inside out
    Facts are getting the best of them
    Facts are nothing on the face of things
    Facts don't stain the furniture
    Facts go out and slam the door
    Facts are written all over your face
    Facts continue to change their shape

I'm still waiting...I'm still waiting...I'm still waiting...
    I'm still waiting...I'm still waiting...I'm still waiting...
    I'm still waiting...I'm still waiting...

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy
    You guys are giving me carpal tunnel.

I'm about over it now. Been working the mouse with my left hand, wearing a splint on my CT hand.

Just a cautionary note: CT is a major episode to happen to ya. IF you feel yourself getting a minor sprained wrist feeling, better take care of it.
    Put a crimp in your love life, did it?

ya, a bit of a dry spell

ya, a bit of a dry spell
    22 pages of "Shoot Um Up", and this is what it comes down to.

Harlan's shoot'n days are long gone. Rusty trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out
    Quote Originally Posted by Partial
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell
    Typical white guy response.......

Ya know, I'm starting to detect some racial undertones to your commentary.
    Dude smells of middle aged white male from an upper middle class family.
    I’m glad you mentioned this. As I am new here, I find it very difficult dealing with this fellow Tyrone. Do other people find him to be difficult too?

Sometimes he sounds like someone who could have been raised in Shorewood, gone to college in Madison, bounced around the country and now lives in some uppity white neighborhood somewhere.

Sure, he doesn’t have original thoughts, and tends to cut and past his arguments from Wiki and The History Channel, but overall, a harmless Jewish middle aged man.

Then, BANG!.....you gotta deal with this racist little character Tyrone. Quite insulting to blacks actually the way he brings out the worst stereotypes through little Ty.

Ironic I guess. A liberal who always has the answers on how everyone else is wrong daily insults black people through this character.
    Shorewood? A little bit low rent for Ty's taste.

Original thoughts: Pot meet kettle. BTW, your friend rand says there is nothing original..so, why pick on me for that.

Jewish: Interesting that you find it compelling to note someone's religion. Is that customary from white people? I can't understand why that would be an adjective necessary.

Please ascribe all the other poster's religions. We await with baited breath.

Racist: Really, i don't think you understand the meaning of racism. Please point out one post where i suggested that a race is superior to another.

Stereotypes: Please point them out. Which stereotypes am i bringing out?

Ty has come to the conclusion that you aren't like roark from rand..you are more like roark from fantasy island.

Whereas Roark comes off as just another suburban white guy from the burbs of minneapolis..perhaps educated...or should i say subjected to a liberal education at his high school..edina or some other burb, or maybe he attended the toney blake or breck. Then, because he didn't cut it...he had to go to a liberal public institution...but, he hated every minute of it.

That terrible liberal institution forced him into getting a good education where he was able to succeed thru much hardship...reprogramming himself..and found a career that he does fairly well at..enough to afford private school for his kids. Damn that hippy UW and its faculty.

Then, because he was so worldly...he returned home..back to a nice white state..right back to his comfy burbs....with the occasional misty remembrance of gleucks, the KK, and fucking sorority girls. Sigh.
    As soon as I typed the word racist, I realized I was breaking one of my pet peeves; misusing the words racist and prejudice. For that I apologize Ty. You are right. I was going to change it, but thought I could get it past you.

Little Ty certainly does play to our prejudices when thinking about black people. You can at least admit that.

Other than that, I grew up north of Milwaukee, so I never had the misfortune of dealing with Edina or Blake classmates.

Oh, by the way, I have a black neighbor. We were just out on the Lake the other day, so no, it’s not as white as you would like to imagine.
    Of course you thought that..typical white guy/karl rove/lee atwater technique. Repeat the lie until it is believed or just spew enough lies that can't be addressed.

Prejudices: care to point them out. Or, will it just be more baseless accusations.

BTW, my avatar is Ty Bigguns..not black man. I feel that is quite prejudice on your part to assume that one black man speaks for all. Ty is Ty and speaks for no one other than ty.

Milwaukee: My god, how did you survive that terrible liberal state and succeed? We need to change everything since it clearly has failed you and the rest of all the successful people in the state.

Change it from edina...to let's say Whitefolks bay...Ty feels that you may have attended dominican. Ty doubts you went to U school...the shame you woulda brought on your family by attending UW woulda been too much.

But, Ty commends you on you move northward....less dark skinned people up there.

But, as always interesting how you feel the need to bring up someone's religion or race. You have a black neighbor. SUPER.

Still waiting to hear how one's religion is a necessary adjective, my friend.

Lake: Awesome. Were you both wearing your topsiders?
    Who the hell ever brought up religion? I said you were Jewish. I thought that was ethnic.

I am not looking for an award for having a black neighbor, merely pointing out one more prejudice on your part.

No topsiders. Just water wings. Don't you know that blacks are not aquatic people?
    Really...so, again..why do you feel the need to bring up someone's ethnicity. I don't see you doing that for anyone else..or is just for the minorities that you feel the need to ascribe their ethnicity.

BTW, your cultural awareness is lacking...or are you going to tell me that all jews are the same? Ethnicity is expressed in language, music, values, art, styles, literature, family life, religion, ritual, food, naming, public life, and material culture.

Please elaborate on the aforementioned and how i can identify jews..more specifically thru their posts on this forum? Most jews i know speak english, listen to the same music as everyone else, have what christians call judeo-christian values, appreciate the same art as everyone else, dress in a style that is consistent with the majority of this country, read the same lit, have the same family life, eat the same foods, have regular biblical names, have the same public life and same material culture.

Now, if you were going to specifically cite Ty as being a falasha jew that mite be something...but, for you to even think that there is the same ethnicity tween sephardim and ashkenazi is hilarious.

Black neighbor: How am i being prejudiced. Did i ever say that you didn't have black friends? Or no neighbors. Which relevant facts did i miss before making a judgement...or what judgement did i make?

Care to point out which judgment about you was based on your race,religion,etc., before i received relevant info?

Water wings: Of course i did...that is why my original post, before i changed it....was to not believe you as we blacks don't go out on lakes...we fish from the shore or pier.
    You fucks better start paying attention to the Ziggstress...or else!
    or else what?
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.