View Poll Results: when is it ok to shoot somebody dead?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • In self defense of myself and family's safety

11 37.93%
  • I see somebody commiting a violent & dangerous crime like armed robbery or rape

6 20.69%
  • My own property has been trespassed and I fear my property is threatened

4 13.79%
  • I see a large crime against property, such as insider trading

0 0%
  • I see a small crime against property underway - my neighbor's car being burglarized

0 0%
  • I see any crime underway

8 27.59%
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Shoot um up

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker
    convicted felons who have done their time and have gotten their shit together and are now contributing members of society should be allowed to vote again. These guys that got blasted dont fit that description so dont try to spin things cuz you really aint very good at it despite your belief that you are highly intelligent you fucking balls licker.
    How can you know what description those guys fit when you pull the trigger?

If Im such a pussy why didnt you accept my free ticket invite to the bears/Packers game last year? Cuz you aint nothing but a big, scary bitch. Real man, yeah right, you aint nothign but a real wimp.
    Just a review of the facts:

You had THREE extra tickets because understandably nobody wanted to sit next to you. I told you I would take all three, I needed two for myself because of my large size and fucking unbendable leg, and I would bring my lesbian packer fan friend for the third seat.

You crapped your pants. Sent me an email "it's just me and you, motherfucker." Obviously you didn't want to share me.

The next thing I know, you've sold two of your extra tickets on eBay. You mailed them by carrier pigeon or something, and its obvious the people aren;t going to get them in time. So you're in the forum whining "what should I do, what should I do!" GBRulz sez she'll fix everything, but predictably the bitch falls short. I heroically insist that you call the packer office, you take my advice, and they fix things for you.

Now, isn't that REALLY how things went down, Pinocchio ?

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby

That jury sounds a lot like the OJ jury.

Ironically you've always reminded me of Marcia Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarlam!
    At the point where they followed him onto his property, they became intruders. According to the tapes on youtube and from what I can gather the ununiformed police officer had to say, he acted in self defense.

If these are the facts, then I agree he had a right to shoot the bastards.

But that doesn't sound likely. He shot both guys in the back as they were running away. Obviously a shot in the air would have accomplished his self-protection, if even that were needed. And the cops were already on the scene, and Joe Horn knew it, he shot them while he had the chance. The New York Times emphasised that it was "protection of property" that the jury used to let Smokin' Joe off.

That jury sounds a lot like the OJ jury.
    It seems to me, (I listened to the tape you posted, did you?), that it is a fact that the intruders were at one time charging Joe Horn on his property. So, I think your point is mute.

Somebody posted that back in the day your country was becoming great, everyone had a gun and would have used it in a similar way to Joe horn, given the circumstances were similar.

Now, in 1776, I doubt there were too many illegal alien Colombians breaking into your neighbors house. But over the 232 year period since then, liberal law makers in my country as well as yours have basically put out a welcome mat for criminals.

That has got to stop. With the world economy going ape-shit, honest people can no longer afford the luxury of leniency.

Your example of kids stealing beer from my garage is pathetic. They shouldn't be stealing anything from my garage and they wouldn't be, if they knew I had a shotgun and was prepared to protect my beer with it.

You were opposed to shooting teenagers spotted stealing beer from the neighbors garage.

Was it cold beer?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    I voted for all o them except 'any crime' and 'insider trading' While there are exceptions to each one, I can see circumstances in al those cases where it's perfectly acceptable to shoot someone. Again, I point out: If you don't want to get shot dead, don't commit crimes.

It seems to me, (I listened to the tape you posted, did you?), that it is a fact that the intruders were at one time charging Joe Horn on his property. So, I think your point is mute.

The Columbians saw a cracker with a shotgun and decided to charge him!!?? Maybe they did deserve to die! And they were charging running backwards!?

Ya know, it's possible that OJ was innocent, a victim of a gigantic, complex police conspiracy. People will believe what they want to believe.

Smokin Joe wasn't afraid for his safety, he was afraid the little shits were gonna get away with the loot. And the jury didn't say he was acting in self-defense, it was "defense of property", a lovely feature of Texas law, in this case extended to the property of his neighbors.

Your example of kids stealing beer from my garage is pathetic. They shouldn't be stealing anything from my garage and they wouldn't be, if they knew I had a shotgun and was prepared to protect my beer with it.
    so would you actually pull the trigger? I'll give you credit for being consistent, I have more respect for this position than for people who will only execute columbians.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand
    I voted for all o them except 'any crime' and 'insider trading' While there are exceptions to each one, I can see circumstances in al those cases where it's perfectly acceptable to shoot someone. Again, I point out: If you don't want to get shot dead, don't commit crimes.
    Why are you willing to hold your fire against the insider trader!!?? They are effectively stealing massive amounts of money, and devaluing the portfolio of innocent people. I suppose you would let a bank embezzler live too. Why no execution of white collar criminals?

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand
    Why are you willing to hold your fire against the insider trader!!?? They are effectively stealing massive amounts of money, and devaluing the portfolio of innocent people. I suppose you would let a bank embezzler live too. Why no execution of white collar criminals?

Because they're white Harlan. Conservatives only shoot minorities.

Quote Originally Posted by CyclonePackFan
    Joe Horn has since expressed regret for what he did, and has stated that if he could relive the scenario, he wouldn't go outside.
    if he was acting in self-defense, what is there to regret?

2.) They were on his property, and they were posing a threat.
    If this were true, then this would be a very uninteresting case. He shot two people in the back who would otherwise get away.

Public opinion of Joe Horn in the Houston area ... is 2-to-1 in support of Horn. I still say we pin a medal on the man,
    What a shock - people are glad that illegal immigrants caught burglarizing were shot dead.

I'm not so sure Joe will appreciate the medal, it sounds like he knows perfectly well what he did.

What a shock - people are glad that illegal immigrants caught burglarizing were shot dead.

What a shock - you play the race card like Jesse Jackson at a Rainbow Coalition rally.

Joe Horn has since expressed regret for what he did, and has stated that if he could relive the scenario, he wouldn't go outside.
    if he was acting in self-defense, what is there to regret?

I think normal human beings can regret the loss of human life regardless of the circumstances.

You try to minimize what they did, and what they were a part of by lumping them in with all the harmless illegals in this country. And teens stealing beer out of garages. The police set up a task force to stop this ring. This crime ring was also suspected of weapons trafficking - not exactly the mischevious yet harmless rascals your painting them as.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    convicted felons who have done their time and have gotten their shit together and are now contributing members of society should be allowed to vote again. These guys that got blasted dont fit that description so dont try to spin things cuz you really aint very good at it despite your belief that you are highly intelligent you fucking balls licker.
    How can you know what description those guys fit when you pull the trigger?
    Now you are making this shit too easy. At least try to put up a decent arguement. Fuck at this point make shit up if you have to because questions like this put yo in a deeper hole.

Answer - If they are taking shit that doesnt belong to them and they bolt when told to freeze I would heavily lean towards them NOT being contributing members of society.

I was watching an interview with a billionaire Arab business man, he sells cell phone service in asia, africa, middle east.
    http://www.charlierose.com/shows/200...naguib-sawiris

Damn interesting interview, guy REALLY knows a lot about the world, check it out! Anyway, the guy said the U.S. is the greatest country on earth, and when pressed for an explanation, the first words that come out of his mouth were "the rule of law in the U.S." We have the best legal system in the world, and that changes everything.

The illegal immigrants who were burglarizing are particularly descpicable. And burglary is a crime that understandably makes people madder than just about anything, everybody feels so vulnerable.

What makes our legal system work is that it is based on principles, guidelines, and not on emotion or public passions. Well, it's imperfect in this regard, but that is a real cornerstone.

Vigilante executions are a real bad idea. I won't explain why, you can figure it out using common sense. Just look at the decisions people make when driving. Deadly force should only be used for self-defense.

Blog Entries
    Just a review of the facts:

You had THREE extra tickets because understandably nobody wanted to sit next to you. I told you I would take all three, I needed two for myself because of my large size and fucking unbendable leg, and I would bring my lesbian packer fan friend for the third seat.

You crapped your pants. Sent me an email "it's just me and you, motherfucker." Obviously you didn't want to share me.

The next thing I know, you've sold two of your extra tickets on eBay. You mailed them by carrier pigeon or something, and its obvious the people aren;t going to get them in time. So you're in the forum whining "what should I do, what should I do!" GBRulz sez she'll fix everything, but predictably the bitch falls short. I heroically insist that you call the packer office, you take my advice, and they fix things for you.

Now, isn't that REALLY how things went down, Pinocchio ?
    I actually only had one extra ticket you silly bitch. 1 for me, 1 for you, 1 for 007 and 1 for Master P. 007 couldn't make it, me and Partial sat together (had a great time with the maniac). I had intended to take you from the get go but I didnt realize you where so much of a fatass that you couldn't fit in one seat. And fuck no I aint gonna get stuck sitting with any fucking body you know. As it is I was concerned I might have to remind you to take a shower before going.

As for the extra tickets, UPS fucked up and luckily I bought them from a legit dude who was able to hook me up with dups. I never contacted the Packers ticket office you semen gargler.

So I guess that isnt how it went down you ignorant, fat, broke, lonely, trick leg having SOB.

Answer - If they are taking shit that doesnt belong to them and they bolt when told to freeze I would heavily lean towards them NOT being contributing members of society.
    WEll, right, they are probably scum bags. (Although there is a possibility that you are wrong, they might be doing something legitimate.)

The ex-felons who you want to give the vote to were scum bags at one time too.

Killing somebody is serious stuff. Punishment should fit the crime.

me and Partial sat together (had a great time with the maniac).
    you raped him. i wonder if P remembers this as a "great time."

Blog Entries
    me and Partial sat together (had a great time with the maniac).
    you raped him. i wonder if P remembers this as a "great time."
    Memories like that last a lifetime. See what you missed out on you mancave?

I had intended to take you from the get go but I didnt realize you where so much of a fatass that you couldn't fit in one seat.

I wonder if he'd shoot to protect his corn dogs?