View Poll Results: when is it ok to shoot somebody dead?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • In self defense of myself and family's safety

11 37.93%
  • I see somebody commiting a violent & dangerous crime like armed robbery or rape

6 20.69%
  • My own property has been trespassed and I fear my property is threatened

4 13.79%
  • I see a large crime against property, such as insider trading

0 0%
  • I see a small crime against property underway - my neighbor's car being burglarized

0 0%
  • I see any crime underway

8 27.59%
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Shoot um up

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand
    I voted for all o them except 'any crime' and 'insider trading' While there are exceptions to each one, I can see circumstances in al those cases where it's perfectly acceptable to shoot someone. Again, I point out: If you don't want to get shot dead, don't commit crimes.
    Why are you willing to hold your fire against the insider trader!!?? They are effectively stealing massive amounts of money, and devaluing the portfolio of innocent people. I suppose you would let a bank embezzler live too. Why no execution of white collar criminals?
    I didn't argue against execution, necessarily. Just against shooting. Why waist bullets when you can easily take them into custody. Hell, if they even put up a fight, then you get to beat the crap out of them. If they resist arrest, then I figure it's one of those win-win situations.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    I voted for all o them except 'any crime' and 'insider trading' While there are exceptions to each one, I can see circumstances in al those cases where it's perfectly acceptable to shoot someone. Again, I point out: If you don't want to get shot dead, don't commit crimes.
    Why are you willing to hold your fire against the insider trader!!?? They are effectively stealing massive amounts of money, and devaluing the portfolio of innocent people. I suppose you would let a bank embezzler live too. Why no execution of white collar criminals?
    I didn't argue against execution, necessarily. Just against shooting. Why waist bullets when you can easily take them into custody. Hell, if they even put up a fight, then you get to beat the crap out of them. If they resist arrest, then I figure it's one of those win-win situations.
    Why so they can get out of prison in 2 years, or get deported, hop a fence and come right back in as undocumented criminals that can't be tracked? Kill them, it is easier and less of a hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell

Because they're white Harlan. Conservatives only shoot minorities.

Moderater.........Scott's account has been hijacked by another poster on this forum I do my best to avoid looking at and he tricked me by using campbell's avatar.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz
    Why so they can get out of prison in 2 years, or get deported, hop a fence and come right back in as undocumented criminals that can't be tracked? Kill them, it is easier and less of a hassle.
    They're easy enough to find...just go to any mall that sells gucci.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Just a review of the facts:

You had THREE extra tickets because understandably nobody wanted to sit next to you. I told you I would take all three, I needed two for myself because of my large size and fucking unbendable leg, and I would bring my lesbian packer fan friend for the third seat.

There is that entitlement mindset at work again. Graciously offered one free ticket, you balk unless you're given 3. Most people would have simply said thank you.

I assume you're joking about needing 2 for yourself.

You were opposed to shooting teenagers spotted stealing beer from the neighbors garage. But you are cool with shooting fleeing columbians. Why the differentiation? (I suspect it is just a difference in anger, but speak for yourself.)
    I don't know Harlan. Really, I don't. But the reason I don't know is because you're arguing against yourself again - using your words as mine so it's easier to defeat yourself and claim victory. Ironic then that you end your exercise in stupidity by asking me to speak for myself.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

I'm sorry if i misstated your positions, mr. skinbasket. you earlier expressed anger at the equivocation of teens stealing beer and columbians running away with a bag of stolen loot. I only assumed ... well, silly me.

If you aren't too busy, maybe you could mention what you yourself would do in both cases. Shoot to kill? (thanks in advance for the second chance.)

There is that entitlement mindset at work again. Graciously offered one free ticket, you balk unless you're given 3. Most people would have simply said thank you.

thank you for your interest.

I only offered to take all three tickets & bring a friend as a way to solve a problem. When you deal with mad, everything is done like a drug deal, always very secretive, he holds his cards close to his sunken chest. He put the two extra tickets on ebay without telling me - as it turns out, the two tickets would have worked fine for me. (i really do need 2 tickiets or an aisle seat to dangle out my leg.)

the greasy bastard begged me for a month to go to that fucking game, then he got all angry & spooked when he sensed that the drug deal was not going down according to his original plan. now he blames me for not coming. he really is a strange man.

What's your excuse for not showing up when I invited you?
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

cause i didn't want to drive up to gb late in the day to watch the game in a bar.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Sounds like you are just back from your Jr Nazi club meeting. Can you hold back on the redneck talk. You are giving Harlan merit to his pathetic argument. Brown, white, black or green, it was OK for The Great Joe Horn to smoke them like Texas BBQ.

Blog Entries

Hey that's a nice white way of putting it. I never even thought of it like that but you are right.

What a greedy, spoiled little bitch!!

Blog Entries

I only offered to take all three tickets & bring a friend as a way to solve a problem. When you deal with mad, everything is done like a drug deal, always very secretive, he holds his cards close to his sunken chest. He put the two extra tickets on ebay without telling me - as it turns out, the two tickets would have worked fine for me. (i really do need 2 tickiets or an aisle seat to dangle out my leg.)

the greasy bastard begged me for a month to go to that fucking game, then he got all angry & spooked when he sensed that the drug deal was not going down according to his original plan. now he blames me for not coming. he really is a strange man.
    Good stuff man.

Damn, why the hell am I even defending myself against your relentless personal attacks?? I guess because you are kinda like a woman pounding on my chest and crying. It doest hurt, just makes me feel like bitch slapping you.

Need to quit twisting things up HH. Like you said I kept asking you and you kept faking the funk like always. When it came down to clutch time you choked (big surprise) and I did what I had to do.

look, i couldn't go with a single non-aisle seat. it's as simple as that. we could have worked it out if you had been more communicative. as far as the personal attacks, i'm just yanking your chain. you're a good boy.

I was just busting your balls Harlan. No explanation necessary.

I'm sorry if i misstated your positions, mr. skinbasket. you earlier expressed anger at the equivocation of teens stealing beer and columbians running away with a bag of stolen loot. I only assumed ... well, silly me.
    I bet you're sorry you sad sack of shit. 90% of what you post is a misstatement, intentional or not. Your pathetic fucking "equivocation" was that of teens cleaning out a garage being mistaken for thieves being shot in your lame fucking attempt to draw race into this argument to augment your omnipotent divination skills concerning Joe Horn's true motivations for shooting and your dire predictions of a Texas Armageddon if something wasn't done to make people like Joe Horn accountable for acting within the law.

It's the same tired shit from you. You can't even keep your own fucking argument straight, much less anyone else's, so what's the point?
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker
    Sounds like you are just back from your Jr Nazi club meeting. Can you hold back on the redneck talk. You are giving Harlan merit to his pathetic argument. Brown, white, black or green, it was OK for The Great Joe Horn to smoke them like Texas BBQ.
    These guys are Colombians, you want to fuck with Colombians? I spoke the truth. They come right back over, there is no parole for these guys, there is no way of keeping tabs on them, until they would have been caught for another crime.

If, and I mean if Joe Horn shot them because he was fearful of his life and that of his family I don't hesitate to understand why he did it. I do mean a fear that goes past just that moment as well. Colombian tells friend, That neighbor is the one that spotted us and is the witness, go pop a cap in his ass. or for fear out of revenge. I don't want to witness a Colombian doing anything but picking coffee beans.

Vigilante executions are a real bad idea.

Agreed. Vigilante executions are a real bad idea.

Though this wasn't a vigilante execution. And your attempt to classify it as such is vintage Harlan.

Harlan attempted to portray this as a Texas phenomenon - an aberration of US legal system. Here are the other Castle Doctrine states:

Since the enactment of the Florida legislation, Alabama[8], Alaska, Arizona, Georgia, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, and Texas have adopted similar statutes, and other states (Montana, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, Washington, and Wyoming) are currently considering "Stand Your Ground" laws of their own. These statutes create a presumption of innocence for people who use deadly force whenever they are threatened with violence in their home, car, or place of business and also provide civil immunity from possible lawsuits arising from the use of force in these contexts. Links: 1 2.[9]

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket
    I bet you're sorry you sad sack of shit. 90% of what you post is a misstatement, intentional or not. Your pathetic fucking "equivocation" was that of teens cleaning out a garage being mistaken for thieves being shot in your lame fucking attempt to draw race into this argument to augment your omnipotent divination skills concerning Joe Horn's true motivations for shooting and your dire predictions of a Texas Armageddon if something wasn't done to make people like Joe Horn accountable for acting within the law.

It's the same tired shit from you. You can't even keep your own fucking argument straight, much less anyone else's, so what's the point?
    No, I wasn't comparing teens cleaning out a garage with the Joe Horn situation, I was comparing teens spotted stealing stuff from the garage of a neighbor. (Of course it might later turn out that something different than a theft was going on over there, but that is always the case.)

I'm trying to get your opinion on when it is justified to kill somebody. Would you shoot the teens? Would you have shot the fleeing Columbians?