Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: All anyone needs to know in November

Re: All anyone needs to know in November

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Bigguns
    You are missing the point. Most the arab countries citizens want freedom...do you think they like having ruling elites?

The state of israel is of little concern to those destitute, with little opportunity in most of the middle east.
    Tyrone, while I'm not as much of a "free thinker" as you are, I didn't miss the point. I am not convinced that all arab's want "freedom". I think as Americans we all want to believe that everyone aspires to be like us, but I'm not convinced that's true.

Do they want ruling elites? No probably not, but, in fairness that's a different question. Many people of all races, and countries want strong leaders. I think they'll willing give up freedom for a strong fair leader.

Unfortunately, that doesn't happen. And for the record, I disagree that all/most arabs want freedom. Maybe you should spend a little time understanding their culture, and their religion. Freedom isn't high on the agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out
    I should clarify that I was not referring to the Arab-Israeli issue alone. There are many other examples in that part of the world. Some are close "Allies" of ours.

The Arab-Israeli issue is something else entirely and one that we could really get throwing some haymakers over if we put the effort into it.
    Completely agree. I want no part of that debate. Religious debates with the convinced never solve anything, and all it would do is turn you off even farther than you already are. I have no desire to contribute to that. I'll leave that to someone else, since I'm powerless to stop them. The older I get the more I try to bite my tongue... Sometimes I'm not very good at it, but it's not for lack of effort.

As to the rest of the world, I agree, people want freedom from oppression, but there are many examples where that freedom is different from our freedoms.... But, point taken.

Re: All anyone needs to know in November

Quote Originally Posted by retailguy
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Bigguns
    You are missing the point. Most the arab countries citizens want freedom...do you think they like having ruling elites?

The state of israel is of little concern to those destitute, with little opportunity in most of the middle east.
    Tyrone, while I'm not as much of a "free thinker" as you are, I didn't miss the point. I am not convinced that all arab's want "freedom". I think as Americans we all want to believe that everyone aspires to be like us, but I'm not convinced that's true.

Do they want ruling elites? No probably not, but, in fairness that's a different question. Many people of all races, and countries want strong leaders. I think they'll willing give up freedom for a strong fair leader.

Unfortunately, that doesn't happen. And for the record, I disagree that all/most arabs want freedom. Maybe you should spend a little time understanding their culture, and their religion. Freedom isn't high on the agenda.
    Get serious. All people want to be free..free to live, free to enjoy life, free to make a living or not make a living.

Really? If that is the case...then why are we involved in building democracies over there?

Funny, you might wanna talk to Prez bush about Iraq and Lebanon. He seems to disagree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy
    The only thing you need to remember in November is this:

Quantum of Solace

Fixed.
    I saw it last night. I was entertained.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/icebowltickets.png